Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Claymaid

I'm so pleased someone posted the link to this page (had not heard of it). I need to draw breath over it all. I've loved Karina's posts., and those of Cornishware. Her positivity kept me motivated through a horrid year, giving me the kick up the backside I needed as the lifestyle attainment she had in her family and business seemed achievable if your attitude was right. My flabber has been gasted by these revelations and I don't know what to think. I'm always a believer in "do what is right for you" but when it comes to leaving a teen in family turmoil as they are about to sit GCSE's, and another even younger one, well, it all feels like her drastic new life could perhaps have waited, if I want to still see her as a positive role model for women in business. I had no idea the pottery was in Somerset either, it seemed implicit it was in Cornwall, but having looked online on Companies House I see that, yes, it is in Somerset and Karina resigned as a director in late February, her daughter was instated the same day. Whilst Rebecca is doing a really fine, professional job, I do feel that whilst her mum has gone off to do her thing, Rebecca's wings have been clipped as she had just launched her own very professional art design business. Perhaps Karina was forced to leave the business as I recall her replying to someone online that it hadn't been what she wanted to happen. I also wondered if this drastic personal change was a reaction to losing her father in October, but the new relationship seemed to have already started - as someone else pointed out - the new partner appears on her boat trip video from mid August. I know from experience a close bereavement can induce a complete departure from your normal behaviour, it happened to me a few years ago and I'm not proud of it, still having flashbacks of my behaviour over about 18 months, after which I came to my senses and settled back down. It had been a complete reaction to shock and loss and I tried to reinvent myself as a way of tackling what I couldn't face accepting. I hope this isn't the case for Karina as it will have done harm to her own public relations, and within her family, not least them seeing her very recent video reels (but she seems to have deleted the worst two, thank heavens). However this plays out, if she has to now support herself financially and make herself available to her children when they need her, she probably needs to rein in on the flights at a moment's notice, claiming to be based between the USA, UK and Spain, and to recognise her random "business ideas" aren't going to sustain that lifestyle. She was totally validated in her role with Cornishware and gave it a modern identity, but there is nothing to take its place. Jewellery and clothes are saturated market segments at all budget levels and even seasoned experienced makers and brands are struggling to survive, operating on huge losses. Settling in Cornwall is not "pop in" distance for her children either when they need her and operating any business down here is financially very hard. The one thing I've realised through all of this is that I shouldn't take bright and bouncy instagram posts literally, no matter how earnest and honest they appear, all is rarely what it seems to be and I shouldn't feel like I need to aspire to be like them. I guess all we want from lifestyle heroes is honesty. There, I feel calmer now and am putting a brew on! Thank you.

Reactions: 13

Claymaid

Like others have said I am so glad I have found this account. After reading this afternoon’s Instagram posts I have decided that it is all just messing with my head too much. I started to wonder if I was being the horrible one and too judgemental but I really just feel uncomfortable with it all now and just can’t bear to read the posts anymore so will unfollow. I am not very social media savvy but am feeling manipulated. It seems to have turned into a competition about who can be the nicest and the most positive and turn on those actually expressing balanced and well written concerns. I always loved the Cornishware account as the words trolls and haters were never used. Her followers are now fighting amongst themselves. For the record anyone who read the post about the novel Rebecca, the second Mrs de Winter was terrified of Mrs Danvers and in no way wanted her to do her hair or press her silk dresses and the first Mrs De Winter had various affairs and laughed in her husbands face about it. All the people saying how much they love the book and the glorious images can you not see the irony.
you aren't alone. I saved the link to this page yesterday but was unsure whether to add anything until today. It has messed with my head too in terms of what I take as real life, or not. I have just read 2 minutes ago her latest post and the sentence about her asking followers to hang around as her aim is to sell things to us was the final straw. I love nice lifestyle posts to cheer my day up and seeing brands in their best creative light, but if a lifestyler plainly says their sole aim is to sell their own wares to me, that is a big turn off on what is generally seen as a pressure-free platform of imagery. I bought into the cornishware ideaology and heritage, and have bought some, I didn't buy in to the individual sexing it up for the camera who now wants to sell me dresses, mussel shell pictures, and necklaces instead.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

B3lla

@_strandjutter_
The Account seems to have now been deleted? When I click on it it’s “ User not found” and their posts are gone now too 🤔 first screen shot is from just now, the second screen shot was from yesterday

I’m making the most of Free Personalisation at Cornishware this weekend and ordering myself a new mug 🤣

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

bluebellwood123

Just seen on Instagram there is an article in Country Living July issue about Cornishware looks like lovely photos of Charles and Rebecca. Very pleased for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Cheesefiend

Since reading that ive decided to become a brain surgeon. I have always liked wearing hats you see.
And, i did once sort of study the brain for gcse biology, so ill just pick that up 23 years later, yes?
And, i shall skirt around the issue of any technical qualifications by just being really friendly and speaking in a French accent.

#role model
#bigbrainboss
#bridgetjonesdoesbrains

• Haha

mercyme!!

No from what we know she was definitely cheating and Charles and her kids had no idea. Covid was actually a huge success for many retailers as online sales went through the roof and many brands couldn’t keep up with demand (I work in eCommerce) I know brands such as Emma Bridgewater went through the roof and had to limit sales as they couldn’t keep up with Production so I would think Cornishware would be similar. Plus they have been building and extending the pottery to be able to increase supply all good signs that the business is doing well. In all honesty I think it all went to her head and if you look at Nuzha’s comments on Karina’s posts she was definitely chasing her. Then we see the “thirst trap” posts where Karina really becomes quite ridiculous and you can see it’s obviously targeted at Nuzha. We can only imagine what private messages were being shared. She was on the boat and then Karina went to the US to do “stripey research” but we can see she was with Nuzha in her house at Christmas time and NY not with her children

You know I get that shit happens you fall in and out of love and your life takes a different path BUT you have a responsibility to your children AND you shouldn’t use people by lying to them and pretending to be someone you aren’t. If she had stared a new account then I honestly couldn’t give a shit what crap she was selling to the sheep but to use Cornishware to fool people into buying rubbish cheap shit jewellery isn’t ok. Just my opinion
I agree. I think the ridiculous adulation from some sheep went to her head. People telling her she's gorgeous/so clever/a role model. Where did you get your dress/top/trousers from etc. She believes she can do no wrong and shouldn't be questioned.
She probably felt she was wasted at Cornishware and flattered at 007's interest. Probably a life in NY looked far more glamorous than being a mother in Somerset.
If she cared about her children at all she would be living near them so she could see them and soften the blow of the split.
As someone who followed her because of Cornishware I feel so angry she is using Cornishware customers to fund her crappy business.
I just don't know how she sleeps at night.
I wish someone on the inside could tell us if her family are ok so we could stop being angry on their behalf. 😑

mollymops

Hello, this is my first comment on here. I’m the person who kicked off the questions on Karina’s page re how ethically, sustainably and environmentally friendly her gems and metals are (lindsey57) and i think, opened a can of worms 😬😂. That is my main concern as I work with a charity (run by my daughter in South Africa) that rescues trafficked girls and sex workers. But I too love Cornishware, I grew up in Cornwall and have recently returned here to live and have collected pieces over the years but more recently due to Karina’s promotion of the brand. Loving the fact that her and her husband rescued the company and re established it throughout the county and country. But I too am greatly saddened by her recent behaviour and walking out on her family. Of course these things happen and we don’t know the full reasons BUT to behave as she has done must be devastating for her family and especially her children.
I will continue to support Cornishware when I feel the need for a new mug etc and what I take away from this whole, very sad situation is that things are often not like how they are portrayed in social media! A lesson for us all I think 🤔

• Heart

Dodles66

I completely agree they are full of their own self importance, nothing else matters to them but themselves. When you do read this Karina, did you ever think how your mid life crisis fling was going to affect your kids, who, according to you, were your main concern. REALLY, because if that is the case maybe you should ask your girlfriend to stop posting images of the two of you together on their social media for all to see!! Maybe it's time to grow up a bit and act the age you really are and not like some love struck teenager in their first romance!!

I also agree with your comment about grimupnorth234, please don't think of Cornishware as Karina, they are bigger and better than her.
This 100%. I met her last year on the boat trip and she was full of energy and I admired how they worked together as a family. Fast forward 12 months …. Bizarre.
And I never noticed 007 there, in a month of Sundays I would never have put them together.

• Wow

B3lla

I noticed the followers have dropped again. Last time I looked she had 40.5k now it's 40.4k. I wonder if she's not going to sell jewellery now that she's removed entrepreneur from her bio! Maybe she'll have some other hare brained scheme to sell something she claims we all need!!
I’m waiting for the jewellery posts to be removed…she’s good at rewriting history… wasn’t particularly well thought through was it and yes small barefoot children probably are mining them you stupid cow. I wonder if the packaging and My Fair Lady ribbon is in a cupboard or if it’s already made it’s way into landfill 🤣

Reactions: 9

GMTA

Coming in late to this thread - sorry for the long post. Here is my two cents worth. I feel very sad, irritated, duped but mostly disappointed in Karina. However I have to give her credit - she can sell you ocean front property in Arizona. Now whether it was her marketing techniques or someone else behind the scenes (we just don’t know) I did purchased quite A LOT of Cornishware because of her! Thank goodness I actually love the product and what the company is doing to revive the business. Bringing it back from China is huge in my books! I will always support and buy from small/family businesses not stuff that is farmed out. What I also bought into as well as most of her followers was the family business and their journey to save a dying company. Her daily stories of this perfect life had us all fooled. Seems like the perfect fairy tale but nothing is ever that perfect behind the scenes. We only see what the internet wants us to see and not reality. But isn’t that the point? Market the hell out of a product. Sales went thru the roof and she was part of that. She was part of that history for almost 15 years and in a crazy moment/lack of judgment it’s gone and she has been canceled/erased. The article in Country Living has been in the works since last year. I remember her being all excited about it. It was a nice article but no mention of Karina anywhere. It’s like she never existed. If you didn’t know the history you would think it was always a father/daughter business. Which is kind of misleading as well. However I totally understand how her family wants to distance themselves from all the drama of Karina. I would too, as this could damage your brand. I totally understand how people go thru crazy moments/mid-life crisis but to throw it all away well that’s just sad and heartbreaking for the children. I don’t approve of her prancing around and throwing her new life in our faces especially for her family to see. No excuses!! There is a time and place for this but certainly not while you are going thru a divorce! Have some class & dignity if not for herself than for her family! We can argue/speculate all we want if she left it all for someone else (only Karina knows what she did and will have to answer for that) but who are we to pass judgment on someone that clearly is lacking judgment. We don’t know what she’s going thru but it’s (someone) definitely causing her harm and grief. I have to believe she wants to be with her children (they might not want anything to do with her). They are all innocent and caught in what might be a very messy divorce. Unfortunately children do take sides and since Karina left - it will be a difficult task trying to connect to them again. It’s always harder for the spouse that leaves everything behind. The jilted spouse is left to pick up the pieces and guess whose version they will hear?
At the end of the day - I hope she comes to her senses and at least tries to get her children back.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Heart

Itsjustmetoo

The 'you deserve to be happy' and 'block the haters' comments are really winding me up. It's blatantly obvious that she's had her head turned and left her marriage, family and business behind for this other person. And yes, these things do happen, but I'd like to think that there would always be consideration and love for your children. I can't believe that she's acting this way in front of them and for everyone to see. She's a public figure who is well known, so she would know that people will be interested. Her family must be so hurt and mortified.
I knew last year that something had changed when she started posting the catwalk struts in the pottery, kiss blowing, sultry photos at her wheel etc (that bloody black leather jacket, urgh!) and I actually unfollowed then because I hated the fact that she thought she was bigger than Cornishware and it was all about her. I thought she was going through a mid life crisis back then, little could we have imagined what was really going on!
I really think that Rebecca is doing a fabulous job of running the Cornishware marketing and social media and I hope that Charles and her children are doing better now. Karina needs to calm down and take stock of what's important to her.

• Heart

B3lla

I’ve been thinking too and don’t come at me…but I was thinking that maybe all isn’t as it first appears. The Cornishware website says on the history page on 2020-2022 that in the first lockdown the future of the brand was very uncertain as most of their retailers had to close and that Karina and another Karina organised the increased social media activity. I don’t know, but it just struck me that maybe the Karina we all saw on her Instagram at Cornishware was out of necessity trying to keep their business going? What if she and Charles had already decided to separate and then covid hit and they decided together that they would try to get the business through this period? I don’t know and I am in no way connected to Karina or Cornishware, just something I’ve been thinking about.
If not and she cheated with her girlfriend then I have no sympathy. I too come from a home where my mother left my dad and us kids for another man and it took me a very long time to deal with that and it has completely destroyed my dad…even now 25 years later he is a shadow of his former self and I hate her for that. I just know that life is complicated sometimes especially with so many kids, a business, employees, homes etc etc and I just wonder if it is all quite as simple as we have assumed…
No from what we know she was definitely cheating and Charles and her kids had no idea. Covid was actually a huge success for many retailers as online sales went through the roof and many brands couldn’t keep up with demand (I work in eCommerce) I know brands such as Emma Bridgewater went through the roof and had to limit sales as they couldn’t keep up with Production so I would think Cornishware would be similar. Plus they have been building and extending the pottery to be able to increase supply all good signs that the business is doing well. In all honesty I think it all went to her head and if you look at Nuzha’s comments on Karina’s posts she was definitely chasing her. Then we see the “thirst trap” posts where Karina really becomes quite ridiculous and you can see it’s obviously targeted at Nuzha. We can only imagine what private messages were being shared. She was on the boat and then Karina went to the US to do “stripey research” but we can see she was with Nuzha in her house at Christmas time and NY not with her children

You know I get that shit happens you fall in and out of love and your life takes a different path BUT you have a responsibility to your children AND you shouldn’t use people by lying to them and pretending to be someone you aren’t. If she had stared a new account then I honestly couldn’t give a shit what crap she was selling to the sheep but to use Cornishware to fool people into buying rubbish cheap shit jewellery isn’t ok. Just my opinion

Last edited:
  • Heart

Blueeyes2

Rebecca is doing a good job with @Cornishware , she has a done a reel decorating the dresser in the family home. It must be difficult for Karina seeing that.

• Wow

Alphenstamp

Charles and Rebecca did a postcast about family owned businesses. I am sure K would have loved to do the podcast herself and she is biting her tongue now.....

grimupnorth234

So late to the party with this one, I followed for the cornishware then muted stories. Caught a post a while back I thought was odd but had no idea what she’s been up to! Her poor children. I feel completely duped by her and her stripy wholesomeness!

• Heart

cutiecat

In an earlier comment someone who is friends with a friend of karinas and said the other female was on a boat trip organised by Karina back in August last year….so was she talking to this tech guru before August and then met up and started their affair soon after, or did the affair start online before the boat trip and that was a way for them to meet…if so, her carrying on this double lifestyle and lying to all her family and followers is totally underhand and narcissistic! Duping us all into her stripy life and being all seedy with robotic bird on the side. Makes me vom 🤢🤮

I gather by no posts last night, they’ve read what’s been said and taking it onboard and keeping low for a bit maybe.
Yes. I also noted the silence following all those comments. I think she might have to regroup and think of a way to salvage her reputation. I won’t be buying any stripy dresses, jewellery or mussel art off her anytime soon. I will be ordering a Cornishware jug for myself though. I feel bloody awful for her oldest daughter who has had to put her own business partially on hold and step into her mother’s ex role at Cornishware. Never mind the younger ones who must be very confused by her behaviour.

• Heart

bluebellwood123

Like others have said I am so glad I have found this account. After reading this afternoon’s Instagram posts I have decided that it is all just messing with my head too much. I started to wonder if I was being the horrible one and too judgemental but I really just feel uncomfortable with it all now and just can’t bear to read the posts anymore so will unfollow. I am not very social media savvy but am feeling manipulated. It seems to have turned into a competition about who can be the nicest and the most positive and turn on those actually expressing balanced and well written concerns. I always loved the Cornishware account as the words trolls and haters were never used. Her followers are now fighting amongst themselves. For the record anyone who read the post about the novel Rebecca, the second Mrs de Winter was terrified of Mrs Danvers and in no way wanted her to do her hair or press her silk dresses and the first Mrs De Winter had various affairs and laughed in her husbands face about it. All the people saying how much they love the book and the glorious images can you not see the irony.

kateandcake

I expect Charles did most of it

Or, their actual staff.
Cornishware employed the services of a professional E-commerce and Marketing Manager, who was likely the brains behind Karina‘s successful social media activity and partnership with other brands like Balance Me Skincare and Meg Rivers Bakers to boost her followers. It’s interesting she left in Oct 2021, and the quality of Karina‘s Insta has gone downhill ever since.