Club football

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like it when managers come out and be honest. These players are getting thousands a week and are grown men, they shouldn’t be babied.

Would also like to see Luton in the Prem!
They’ve gotten away with it for years. As Lampard says, there’s only so much buttering up you can do - the players have to give back to that belief

When Luton get around to getting a new ground the memories of their current ground will stay :D Imagine having your washing out yards from away fans who can see straight in to your bedroom window from yards away.

nc_ohc=Qk9-ZLYzmAcAX8LFh5S&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

Reactions: 5
The away end at Luton is a proper one. Zero leg room, view obstructed by pillars, practically on top of the pitch, toilets that ought to be condemned. I'd rather be there than a sanitised Spurs stadium. It is why the redevelopment plans at Elland Road are decent. It will never be a souless bowl of a stadium.

Reactions: 3
The away end at Luton is a proper one. Zero leg room, view obstructed by pillars, practically on top of the pitch, toilets that ought to be condemned. I'd rather be there than a sanitised Spurs stadium. It is why the redevelopment plans at Elland Road are decent. It will never be a souless bowl of a stadium.
Leeds being done up is long over due. It's one of the half of the 92 I haven't been to even though it's one of my closest. I can't justify when they would charge around £40 for a ticket in the Championship for a dump away end with pillars.

Reactions: 2
Leeds being done up is long over due. It's one of the half of the 92 I haven't been to even though it's one of my closest. I can't justify when they would charge around £40 for a ticket in the Championship for a dump away end with pillars.
Where as at st james’ it was £40 to see Chelsea….

I want to go to either the fa cup semi or final. Obviously city might not make it to the final so do I just go to the semi? Also might not get tickets to the final but I probably would for the semi final. Obviously if I could pick I’d rather go to the final. I only have two holiday days left at work and unfortunately both the semi final and final are on weeks on working. If I want to go to the semi I’ll have to book it off this week as need to give 3 weeks notice. Also annoying as it’ll be on the Saturday I’ll have to book Friday Saturday off so I’ll be back in the Sunday for one night 🙄. I looked at trains for the semi final as well and they seem so awkward it’s either 4 or 5 changes one of which is a rail replacement bus which is putting me off going. We once drove to Birmingham and got the train from there to Wembley which probably looks the best option this time.

Reactions: 1
I want to go to either the fa cup semi or final. Obviously city might not make it to the final so do I just go to the semi? Also might not get tickets to the final but I probably would for the semi final. Obviously if I could pick I’d rather go to the final. I only have two holiday days left at work and unfortunately both the semi final and final are on weeks on working. If I want to go to the semi I’ll have to book it off this week as need to give 3 weeks notice. Also annoying as it’ll be on the Saturday I’ll have to book Friday Saturday off so I’ll be back in the Sunday for one night 🙄. I looked at trains for the semi final as well and they seem so awkward it’s either 4 or 5 changes one of which is a rail replacement bus which is putting me off going. We once drove to Birmingham and got the train from there to Wembley which probably looks the best option this time.
If you’re based in the north and your train goes into Euston, you’ll have problems - there’s major engineering works that weekend from the Good Friday to Easter Monday. It’ll be a nightmare for Liverpool and City fans. If you can get tickets then definitely go.

My boyfriend is a Palace fan and unfortunately they beat us yesterday and I’m hoping to go the semi final with him. Kind of hoping they won’t allow Chelsea fans to go looool as I’ll have more chance maybe? I’ll have a chance for the semi at least because sometimes Palace can buy 2 tickets per customer number for some games and his Uncle has said he’ll try to get me a ticket 😂

If you’re based in the north and your train goes into Euston, you’ll have problems - there’s major engineering works that weekend from the Good Friday to Easter Monday. It’ll be a nightmare for Liverpool and City fans. If you can get tickets then definitely go.

My boyfriend is a Palace fan and unfortunately they beat us yesterday and I’m hoping to go the semi final with him. Kind of hoping they won’t allow Chelsea fans to go looool as I’ll have more chance maybe? I’ll have a chance for the semi at least because sometimes Palace can buy 2 tickets per customer number for some games and his Uncle has said he’ll try to get me a ticket 😂
I’m from Chester so there’s a lot of Liverpool fans around here as well, some City fans as well but I’d say mostly Liverpool, Everton and united. We got tickets a few years ago when we lost to arsenal so hopefully will be able to get them. Yeah last time we got them it was only two per account and you have to had been to two previous games I think. I’ll see what my dad says as I’ll be going with him. Last time I went to Wembley was for the league cup final just before lockdown, think it was the week before or maybe 2?
I think I’d rather chelsea fans be there be a better atmosphere for you 😄

I’m from Chester so there’s a lot of Liverpool fans around here as well, some City fans as well but I’d say mostly Liverpool, Everton and united. We got tickets a few years ago when we lost to arsenal so hopefully will be able to get them. Yeah last time we got them it was only two per account and you have to had been to two previous games I think. I’ll see what my dad says as I’ll be going with him. Last time I went to Wembley was for the league cup final just before lockdown, think it was the week before or maybe 2?
I think I’d rather chelsea fans be there be a better atmosphere for you 😄
I’m an Everton fan haha! Guessing you are Liverpool? Are you a member? I think if you are a member and have credit history then you probably have a good chance of getting a ticket - I’m sure theyll guarantee season tickets and then they’ll do a ballot tbh. My friends not a STH but is a member and been to a couple of games and got league cup final tickets through the ballot this year

Hahaha I hate Chelsea so no problem if they’re not there - Palace away ends are lots of fun

I’m an Everton fan haha! Guessing you are Liverpool? Are you a member? I think if you are a member and have credit history then you probably have a good chance of getting a ticket - I’m sure theyll guarantee season tickets and then they’ll do a ballot tbh. My friends not a STH but is a member and been to a couple of games and got league cup final tickets through the ballot this year

Hahaha I hate Chelsea so no problem if they’re not there - Palace away ends are lots of fun
Noo haha I’m a Man City fan! I have read that quite a few fans aren’t planning to go to the semi final because it’s in the holidays and also it’s expensive to do two trips down there and they’d rather the final 🤞 so hopefully we can get tickets.
It’s annoying for me all the finals I’m working: fa cup semi final working, fa cup final working, CL final I’m working. Might not get to any finals but still annoying. Hopefully the fa cup semi final won’t be too late as I started work at 7pm so as long as it’s not a 5/5:30pm or later kick off I can watch it all on tv at least

Noo haha I’m a Man City fan! I have read that quite a few fans aren’t planning to go to the semi final because it’s in the holidays and also it’s expensive to do two trips down there and they’d rather the final 🤞 so hopefully we can get tickets.
It’s annoying for me all the finals I’m working: fa cup semi final working, fa cup final working, CL final I’m working. Might not get to any finals but still annoying. Hopefully the fa cup semi final won’t be too late as I started work at 7pm so as long as it’s not a 5/5:30pm or later kick off I can watch it all on tv at least
Good choice 😂 my best lad mate is a city fan! That wouldn’t surprise me to be honest, I think many would want to prioritize going to the CL games atm too. Expensive month for City fans haha! My mates moaning about the ££££ and I’ve already told him I have no sympathy hahah!!

Just read on Twitter that the fans want the semi final played at Villa park due to engineering work in London and the location is easier for Manchester and Liverpool fans to get to? It’s on Twitter so not sure how true this is?

Just read on Twitter that the fans want the semi final played at Villa park due to engineering work in London and the location is easier for Manchester and Liverpool fans to get to? It’s on Twitter so not sure how true this is?
I don’t think they will I think there a contract that it’s to be at Wembley and they need them played there to pay for Wembley I read? Also they called for this a few years ago when it was two northern teams and it didn’t happen 🤷‍♀️ Imo it should but I don’t think it will

It’s defo easier to get to but I can’t see it happening. And any way, just have to do what the majority of fans have to do week in week out and get a coach down. Our last two away games have been Palace in the cup where fans couldn’t get a single train from Liverpool that would make kick off (so Everton paid for all the coaches) and Spurs away on a Monday with no trains home. Fans have called for years for semi finals not to be played at Wembley and I agree that they shouldn’t be there. I wanna go to Wembley because I have a chance of winning a cup not a chance of just getting to a final if that makes sense

Yeah I heard Villa Park got suggested. Also heard they suggested Old Trafford but Man Utd have a home game that week so they obviously can’t.

Why not Millennium stadium in Wales?

I feel sorry for anyone driving down and back! Where we are now, I drive like 4 hrs odd for games and my BF witches when he has to get like a short train journey to his team 🤣. With the current fuel prices, Liverpool/Manchester to London has to be like crazy prices

Attendances, particularly at semi-finals/finals, are going to start suffering with the cost of living rising at the rate it is. Especially if your team gets to the final and you don’t live in London. I’m seriously having to consider not renewing my season ticket at leicester for next season as I don’t live in leicester anymore (so I have to factor in petrol for the 60 mile round trip and all the other costs associated with going to a game) plus my hours have been cut at work. I’ve had a ST for about 14 consecutive years now and I’m actually really gutted at the thought of letting it go.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.