Classic Eastenders

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We have the exotic Ireland episodes soon!
I should have said the episodes when they went abroad were really good (apart from when they went to Ireland)

My memory of the Ireland episodes were they were quite boring and there were some complaints that they made Ireland look like some backwards hick town and made them out to be a stereotype

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I read on the DS Classic Eastenders forum that they’re not showing the Ireland episodes. Thinking back I can see why.

Reactions: 1
Is there anyone grant hasn't tried it on with!!!! I always felt sorry for Tiffany.
Kathy must be leaving soon?

Is there anyone grant hasn't tried it on with!!!! I always felt sorry for Tiffany.
I am absolutely loving the classic Eastenders and it's got me through maternity leave and then lockdown. But I can't remember Tiffany being such a doormat previously. I'm sure Pauline was the only one Grabt didn't try it on with

I am absolutely loving the classic Eastenders and it's got me through maternity leave and then lockdown. But I can't remember Tiffany being such a doormat previously. I'm sure Pauline was the only one Grabt didn't try it on with
And probably Dot!!!!
Tiffany was quite feisty when she first appeared, but unfortunately is so infatuated with grant she has turned into a doormat, shame.

Here are the links to the Ireland episodes that have been missed..

Is this why today it said ‘due to reasons beyond our control were skipping 3 episodes’? It bloody messed up my recordings 😂 it didn’t record the second episode they were showing

Is this why today it said ‘due to reasons beyond our control were skipping 3 episodes’? It bloody messed up my recordings 😂 it didn’t record the second episode they were showing
Yes and it also didn't record the second episode for me either!

Omg Barry WTF.I don’t by that the bank would give him that amount of money in hard cash even in the 90’s.Why would you do such a deal with a woman he only knew a few weeks I’m sure Vanessa hasn’t been in the show that long.Also I’m sure he couldn’t take a loan out against manor wood without Roy’s signature.Ok I need to stop now I’m way too invested in this 😆

Laughing at the firrst episode after Ireland where all the residents are engralled by the mysterious young girl from the for aisle.

Even describing her as "a bit of a livewire", or something similar. She's walking around with a bowl haircut and sensible shoes, what CRAZY livewire that one is eh?

So did Dickson commit suicide, or was he killed by one of George's hench men?

I assume when George was winding Tony and Pollly up that he was alluding to effectively forcing Dickson's hand by sending photos to his wife.

I don't watch any soaps nowadays, but I'm totally addicted to Classic EastEnders, it was good back then. Much less doom and gloom and even comedy moments.

Also, how did Frankie leave? Did she just disappear from the storylines?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Laughing at the first episode after Ireland where all the residents are enthralled by the mysterious young girl from the emerald Isle.

Even describing her as "a bit of a livewire", or something similar. She's walking around with a bowl haircut and sensible shoes, what CRAZY livewire that one is eh?

So did Dickson commit suicide, or was he killed by one of George's hench men?

I assume when George was winding Tony and Pollly up that he was alluding to effectively forcing Dickson's hand by sending photos to his wife.

I don't watch any soaps nowadays, but I'm totally addicted to Classic EastEnders, it was good back then. Much less doom and gloom and even comedy moments.

Also, how did Frankie leave? Did she just disappear from the storylines?
tit sorry for the typos / autocorrects. I was half asleep.

Amended above for those who couldn't translate. 🤣

Kathy leaves in April 1998. Returns in 1999 and 2000.

'Killed off' in 2005.

I read on the DS Classic Eastenders forum that they’re not showing the Ireland episodes. Thinking back I can see why.
If the Ireland episodes caused offence back in 1997 (when people had thicker skin to 'offence'), can you imagine the reaction by the thin skinned of today.

Reactions: 4
tit sorry for the typos / autocorrects. I was half asleep.

Amended above for those who couldn't translate. 🤣
Not fully sure what happened with the council I assume George showed his wife the pictures then he killed himself hopefully we find out the truth.I think Frankie left after all the BS with Alistair saying she was no good.Strange she just left and Mick has stayed.What happened to Council Dixon’s boyfriend?

what was wrong with them?
A bit too stereotypically Irish. Donkeys wandering around the streets, drunks etc. The BBC wouldn’t go anywhere near that these days. Having said that, it’s entirely up to the Irish as to whether they’re offended by that or not.

A bit too stereotypically Irish. Donkeys wandering around the streets, drunks etc. The BBC wouldn’t go anywhere near that these days. Having said that, it’s entirely up to the Irish as to whether they’re offended by that or not.
Oh. I get what you’re saying it’s up to the Irish if they’re offended, but what a stupid thing to be offended about 😂 Londoners could say they’re offended by the square 🙄

Oh. I get what you’re saying it’s up to the Irish if they’re offended, but what a stupid thing to be offended about 😂 Londoners could say they’re offended by the square 🙄
Yeah, anyone could be offended by anything if they try hard enough. I do remember there being complaints though and aside from that, the acting was awful!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.