Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mummykayles

The Slater thing is starting to piss me off. Charlie's speech at Lynne's wedding - how is Zoe the real victim?? Surely it's Kat, the girl who was abused and raped repeatedly by her uncle, and then persecuted for years afterwards by her oblivious father. Am I the only one who thinks this?

Reactions: 15

yayoi

Interesting article about the show at this time, guess this is the start of a messy period for the show

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Classic Eastenders has been getting me through lockdown. I've watched them all religiously for last year. I was 14 when the episodes playing now originally aired in 1996! I had the biggest crush on Joe Wicks ever. Looking back as a 39 year old I have more of a crush on his dad. David Wicks was beautiful 😍 haha

• Haha
Reactions: 13

MaryX82

VIP Member
Come and discuss all things Classic Eastenders.Watching on Drama throughout lockdown and loving every minute.

Recent favourite moments included

Cindy and David’s affair
Ian’s shooting
Simon and Tony having a gay affair
Tiffany pregnant with Grant's baby
Alan cheating on Carol
Marks HIV exposed in the Vic
Phil’s alcohol issues
Joe’s mental health
And so much more..I’m wondering how I’m going to keep up when back at work full time

• Heart
Reactions: 12

mummykayles

Oh I cannot wait for the Nigel Harman episodes to start! I absolutely loved Dennis. But in 2003, 14 year old me thought it was a good idea to send a letter professing my love and a mixtape of early 00's love songs to his fanmail address. To be fair, he did reply with a signed cast card, but I cringe when I look back on it 🙈

• Haha
  • Heart

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
There's NO WAY Sonia and Jamie splitting up for the millionth time deserved the Julia theme credit song!

• Haha
  • Heart

FoxyBingo

VIP Member
I'm behind on this but I watched the Christmas eps last night (how good they were back in the day) and Zoe mentioned something about Sonia getting herself pregnant young and talking about it in a derogatory way, and Kat being incredibly defensive. It's so interesting to watch it back to see all the references ahead of what's to come...

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Alex Ferns is so believable in the role. His eyes are straight up evil.

Poor bloke must have been harangued in the streets by those type of people who forget it's a drama.

Reactions: 11

Mollydog

VIP Member
How annoying is Mel in her power suits and her mobile thinking she’s fucking Alan Sugar! She runs a shit hole night club 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
Remember when the actress who plays Kathy got caught giving a blow job on the A1? She tried to make out that she was massaging her partner’s stomach. I remember she tried to sue the Sun for libel and lost.

• Haha

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
How were we all in love with Jamie?! He's intolerable 🤣
And when does Zoe lose that awful fringe?

• Haha
Was the thing about the birth certificate to do with the Kat and Zoe secret? Something about Charlie doing the passport for her? Would Kat be on the birth certificate? Although maybe not as Zoe would see it eventually. Interesting spotting the little signs of what’s to come though!

• Heart

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
That’s true! It was weird watching it again seeing all the Slaters knew what was going on (well some of it, not the absolute worst stuff). I suppose they did the everyone loves him thing with Grey later but that turned very panto, and I found Trevor much more sinister!
Yeah it's hard to believe big Mo and the rest of the Slaters would be ok for little mo to get back with Trevor after she turned up on the doorstep black and blue. Some things are just not forgivable in my book!

• Heart
Reactions: 9