Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
The only thing I currently want for myself is a scrub daddy.

Glad you had a good experience with EB. To be fair - there are some good reviews there too. The negative stick more for my poor depression prone brain 😂.

View attachment 2972744

View attachment 2972745
Instantly thought I bet this is dishwashing as heating/cooling repeatedly will cause cracks in glaze & where joined, a quick google their own advice is quite woolly that it is dishwasher proof but on “lower temperatures” - that’s very subjective lol and I imagine why people are coming unstuck with it (and why they won’t do anything?). I’d say you’re safe just hand wash anything sentimental ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8

da1sycha1n

VIP Member
My fella finished all his Xmas chocolate last night

I’ve still got 2 big bags of the only strawberry quality streets, a box of the Nestle dairy box, a packet of pigs in blanket crisps and some fererro rochers 😂 I like to take my time
we haven't opened any of our Christmas chocolate as yet

• Wow

OatMatchaLatte

VIP Member
The pictured wreathes are beautiful! I had one for the first time this year, and made it myself. It's the last of my decs up.

I don't want to throw it away, but I'm terribly superstitious - worry about "bad luck" if I leave it up beyond the 12th Night. My plan therefore is to take it down from the front door and put it in the back garden, removing its Christmas decoration status.

Lola Ruby

I celebrate Christmas all the way through until Epiphany but this year I didn’t feel any of the magic and it all felt a big rush. I delayed getting festive and now I regret it and I had a very overwhelming Christmas. When do you start prepping and preparing?
This is me - I felt so much more Christmassy last year because I started early, with visiting Christmas markets, putting my Christmas playlist on, watching lots of Christmas films etc. Now it felt like it was over in a flash and I didn't really get to enjoy it as much as I would have liked. I always feel really sad once it's all over and taking our tree down yesterday hasn't helped :confused: Plus January really is such a depressing month. Any tips for prolonging that Christmassy feeling welcome lol! I might try and watch a few more Christmas films this week.

• Heart

Honeystar

VIP Member
I'm already planning my decs this year in my head, we're in a new home so it's a whole new space to play with I can't wait!

• Heart

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
Thank you to whoever told me about that scam site that I fell for. I contacted them and to my surprise they replied. I asked them to cancel my order which apparently they did and they requested a refund for me but said it can take 5-30days.
The website now doesn’t exist so not sure whether to contact my bank again 🤔

• Wow
  • Heart

Katienana

I'm going to be more organised this year like I usually am. We moved house on 1 December and it went down to the wire so I didn't do much shopping or planning beforehand. And putting the tree up was delayed, plus first year in this house I was figuring out where to put stuff as I went.
I was hoping to pick up a nice garland in the sale but haven't seen any. I have a beautiful mantle now that I haven't had previously and it needs something with wow factor. I also want loads of candles of different heights sitting on it.
I've made a note on my phone of what changes I want to make for next year, what food to buy more of etc. I definitely want to buy myself something lovely to wear as I felt a bit meh this year!

• Heart

ATV2021

VIP Member
Dunelm have further reduced alot of things so managed to get a good heap of things for £18.50 including 2 medium sized bears, 2 candles in glass jars, travel coffee mug, set of 3 cotton xmas tree decorations, kids xmas pjs, pub book and 2 kitchen spatulas

• Heart
  • Wow

ATV2021

VIP Member
My handmade wreath stays up on my back door until it dies, usually around March, because I made that and there's nowt wrong with it so...I keep it up lol

coconochanel

VIP Member
I celebrate Christmas all the way through until Epiphany but this year I didn’t feel any of the magic and it all felt a big rush. I delayed getting festive and now I regret it and I had a very overwhelming Christmas. When do you start prepping and preparing?
I will start present buying around August if I see anything I know someone would like. For things like wrapping paper, cards, gift bags etc I usual start that at the end of October/ beginning of November. The thing is with shops like B&M and Home Bargains you have to buy thing when you see them as they tend to sell out quick and they don't always restock.

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
Me and my husband always miss a decoration or two. This year I went round and collected everything from around the various rooms I.e. the nativity that's jn the hallway etc. Felt very smug that I had collected everything and not missed anything this year, until I got home from work yesterday and saw the doormat 🤦🏼‍♀️
This is me, my child's "santa" board, where we leave the mince pie, normally stays in the kitchen for about 8 months because we keep forgetting to put it away! 🫣

• Haha

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
My friend subscribes to all those lovely thick glossy magazines and kindly passes them on to me when she's read them. Today we meet and she gives me a bundle, obvious they're all the Christmas editions, which made me inexplicably sad 🥺, there's nothing worse than a lovely Christmas magazine filled with ideas...after Christmas.

• Heart

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
In the past the problem with these Christmas saving clubs is that they’ve gone bust. Leaving those who have saved without any compensation.

Not sure if they did introduce any safeguards,
But you can save individually into an account yourself. Get topcashback too if you buy gift cards.
---

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7

peekachu

Chatty Member

How many can you remember the smell of 🤣. Wish buses looked like that at xmas niw
This is nostalgic for me even though I was born in the 90s - Christmas looked just liked this growing up! My parents still have a lot of their decorations from then and get them out every year ☺

Reactions: 7