Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Honeystar

VIP Member
The weather this week has made me feel soooo Christmassy. I've also had a bit of a health issue hanging over me which meant I was convinced this Christmas would be rubbish or my last (how dramatic of me, it wasn't even that serious) and have had the all clear which has for some reason put me in full Christmas mode and I'm already thinking about plans for Christmas 2024.... 😂 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 15

pixxyy

VIP Member
My original plan was me & Mum giving everyone a Christmas Dec( with lots of thought about which design beehive for a Bee fan etc) then a homemade advent calendar per family.
Now its just me & i'm not sure how long probate will take so i've had to change it abit. We had bought 3 decorations but everyone else its now a much cheaper decoration. I bought the kids ones from Ebay that are their initial & dragons which i'm guessing quality wont be the best.
they can hang them each Year knowing it's from the Christmas cousin Laura tried lol
I also bought a 15 pack of Gonks from Amazon for everyone else and they are actually really cute & a nice size.
The Advents depend if I learn how to sew :ROFLMAO:

I'm still hoping to have a real Tree this time but for future considering a fake, as nowdays they look nice and would work out better value.
quoting myself as Today I found out the original plan of a Advent Calendar per family is even more likely to happen.
went in Mum's fabric cupboard & she had finished 1 and 3 others are pretty close & its mainly just finishing touches.
Such a lovely surprise

• Heart
Reactions: 14

pixxyy

VIP Member
My original plan was me & Mum giving everyone a Christmas Dec( with lots of thought about which design beehive for a Bee fan etc) then a homemade advent calendar per family.
Now its just me & i'm not sure how long probate will take so i've had to change it abit. We had bought 3 decorations but everyone else its now a much cheaper decoration. I bought the kids ones from Ebay that are their initial & dragons which i'm guessing quality wont be the best.
they can hang them each Year knowing it's from the Christmas cousin Laura tried lol
I also bought a 15 pack of Gonks from Amazon for everyone else and they are actually really cute & a nice size.
The Advents depend if I learn how to sew :ROFLMAO:

I'm still hoping to have a real Tree this time but for future considering a fake, as nowdays they look nice and would work out better value.

• Heart

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Whilst I have been slowly decluttering my house I have come across Christmas presents I stashed all over the place.
I probably won't have many left to buy this year at this rate once I've finished. 😁

• Haha
  • Heart

Happy Lady

VIP Member
I celebrate Christmas all the way through until Epiphany but this year I didn’t feel any of the magic and it all felt a big rush. I delayed getting festive and now I regret it and I had a very overwhelming Christmas. When do you start prepping and preparing?

Oh, I've found my people again. 🤩

I can buy presents any time of the year if I see something I know someone would appreciate.

I buy my cards and wrapping paper in the Dec/Jan sales. Got them already. Bake my cake in October. Write cards in November ready to post 1st December. Put decorations up 1st and 2nd December. It takes me two days - say no more. I "enjoy" the main prezzy shop on Black Friday, and wrap them early December.

The Xmas food is ordered in November for collection on 23rd Dec.

I just lurve Xmas, can you tell 😂

Reactions: 13

Carefree

VIP Member
And Paperchase. Yes, I'm still bitter always will be. The branch on Westbourne Grove was immense.

• Heart

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
I have to agree with others that some of the Christmas sparkle was missing this year. So the 2024 edition will be different! I am planning on booking the big lunch out somewhere, so I can dress up and be waited on for a change. Then I'll cook cold meats for boxing day, and have a good drink and a bit of a party without all the stress. I'm always absolutely shattered christmas day from hosting and all the prep, so as I'm very likely to be working this Christmas eve, I'm determined to do it differently this year. Time to be a bit selfish I think.

• Heart

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
First Christmas 2024 present bought, and shockingly it’s not for the kids ha, it’s for the husband! He’s a big fan of Lee Child so preordered a signed copy for £11 from Waterstones, they take payment on pub release date (October!) if it helps anyone else!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Lalla

VIP Member
I'm so glad the Christmas thread is still going!

All our decorations are down, but currently surrounding me in their various boxes and bags in my office, as I'm waiting for my sons to put them in the loft (tonight apparently...). This includes a Balsam Hill tree which I managed to get on a local freecycle page (it's only a little one but even so was made up to get it for nothing) and which I'm already looking forward to putting up at Christmas. Currently cheering myself up by the fact that it's only a little over 10 months til I can put the decorations back up again!

I'm determined to be more organised in 2024 (I say this every year!) and in particular to buy any decorations, potential gifts when I see them. Last year I saw a few things in October and thought I'll get those nearer the time, and of course didn't as they'd all gone. Years ago when my kids were little I had a present cupboard that I used to add to throughout the year (not just for Christmas, but other kids birthday parties etc), I think I need to re establish that, albeit the cupboard I used to use is now full of other stuff including the wicker tree skirt I bought last year which is massive and won't fit through the loft hatch 😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha

peekachu

Chatty Member
Looking for opinions on whether or not to take down the huge wreath I made for my front door? It ended up cost me around £60 as some of the bits from the original wreath kit I bought on Etsy only lasted a week so I had to order more foliage from another seller, it a lot of money and I hate being wasteful. It still looks great due to the amount of rain we've had keeping the moss ring damp and it breaks me heart to have to bin it. I'm the only one in the street with mines still up tho and the neighbours already think I'm a nutcase 🤣 should I take it down or leave it up? 🙂

(I've added a pic for reference, it's quite noticeable lol my husband is complaining and saying I should have taken it down last week)
Your wreath looks absolutely beautiful! As others have said, you should keep it up as long as you like, especially as it’s not been the 12th night yet. You could even take it apart and put anything that’s still fresh in a little vase ❤

Also, an idea for next year, to save money you could forage cuttings from woods/parks to make your wreath. I did this for the first time this year, you just have to embrace looking a little bit crazy, but I went with my sister and we spent an afternoon making them which was really nice! 😊

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart

duckdinner

VIP Member
I adore Christmas. But every year I realise that I love the build up and preparation more than the day itself.
Same! I find that the build up to Christmas is 100% more enjoyable and exciting than the actual day 😅

I totally agree! I usually have post Christmas blues but this one was something else. I cried on the walk up to Aldi because someone was taking their lights down the other day. I love the buzz in the weeks leading up to it, seeing the lights go up, the music (yes I know 🤣) and how everyone seems in a good mood. Then it’s all over in a flash 🥺
I always find the discarded Christmas trees on the side of the road at this time of year sad too 🥺

• Sad
  • Heart

easyliketuesdayafternoon

We're having belated Christmas day tomorrow - just me, OH, our baby and my mum - as we were struck down with illness for actual Christmas day. So the decorations are down but I'm resolutely keeping the wreath up until we're all done tomorrow. Looking forward to the lunch and exchanging presents! Although I may have eaten all the Christmas chocolate tubs 🫢

• Heart
  • Haha