Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
My original plan was me & Mum giving everyone a Christmas Dec( with lots of thought about which design beehive for a Bee fan etc) then a homemade advent calendar per family.
Now its just me & i'm not sure how long probate will take so i've had to change it abit. We had bought 3 decorations but everyone else its now a much cheaper decoration. I bought the kids ones from Ebay that are their initial & dragons which i'm guessing quality wont be the best.
they can hang them each Year knowing it's from the Christmas cousin Laura tried lol
I also bought a 15 pack of Gonks from Amazon for everyone else and they are actually really cute & a nice size.
The Advents depend if I learn how to sew :ROFLMAO:

I'm still hoping to have a real Tree this time but for future considering a fake, as nowdays they look nice and would work out better value.
Fwiw if I’d received a decoration from someone who’s just lost their mum & is having a bad year it’d be a super special one that I kept forever. They’ll love it, sending love to you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Mollywobbles

VIP Member
just keep an eye on your bank as i've heard of some people having issues with stolen card details!
Please google Temu.
BBC have an excellent expose.
They use enforced labour (people who disagree with the government) 16 hour shifts with one small break and that includes children, living in camps, one room per family.

• Wow
  • Heart
Oh good God, I never knew that 😳 I had heard of people using the app having their account cleared out so I used it through Google and paid with PayPal. Feel awful now tbh.
Don’t feel awful as you didn’t know, and it’s really hard to avoid modern day slavery in any supply chain so pretty much everyone in the country will have done this at some point, but things like Temu/Shein are really easy to spot because it’s impossibly cheap, like buying a crochet cardi for £5 is only made possible by the garment worker earning 20p a day, or worse. If it’s too good to be true it sadly is and it’ll always be at the expense of people or planet :(

A great + ethical to shop inexpensively for Christmas is exploring preloved options! And having a whole 12 months to stumble upon gold 🤞 funnily one of my LO’s favourite presents was a gruffalo jigsaw puzzle book I picked up from a charity shop :)

• Heart

guccigang

Chatty Member
I've found my people!! I bloody love Christmas. I have 3 trees (sometimes 4) and an outside door frame display. I love wrapping, crap films, hot chocolate with candy cane spoons, I have Mariah Carey on my year round playlist. Love love love.

• Heart
  • Haha

hannah123

VIP Member
First week of June that the suns meant to be finally coming out and I have a sudden urge to watch vlogmasses🤣🤣 how soon is too soon?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

Spanor511

VIP Member
Love all these throwback videos….i would really like to think we are going back to more traditional decorations etc. people were loving all this last year, the foil ones etc, coloured petal lights. I’m here for it ♥

• Heart

Carefree

VIP Member
I put a pair of Christmas pajamas on today. In my defence, they finally fit and I'm going to enjoy the rest of evening looking at the tartan on my legs 🎉

• Heart
  • Haha

neverbeeninfluenced

Chatty Member
Currently listing unwanted or duplicate presents on Vinted. Feels ungrateful but normally I’d keep them for 6 months and then give to charity.
Must tell my mum that fleece pj’s and the menopause are not a good mix.

• Heart

JSquared

VIP Member
My friend subscribes to all those lovely thick glossy magazines and kindly passes them on to me when she's read them. Today we meet and she gives me a bundle, obvious they're all the Christmas editions, which made me inexplicably sad 🥺, there's nothing worse than a lovely Christmas magazine filled with ideas...after Christmas.
but something to look forward to for this Christmas coming ☺
I’m always on Pinterest looking at Christmas ideas

calmyourritas

VIP Member
All the decorations are done and I’ve finally put them all away in their locations (we don’t have a loft) so most have to be tetris-ed underneath our bed with a few bits hidden at the back of my wardrobe. Just need Mr Rita to take down the outdoor lights when he gets back from work today! Still got loads of Xmas chocolates lying around which is a nice treat when I’m feeling sad 😂 Already looking forward to this year 🥰🥰🥰

• Heart

Sure…Media!

VIP Member
I got my first Christmas card for ‘24. I have a friend who likes to buy them in the Boxing Day sales and send them in the new year… to highlight her adhd

• Haha
  • Heart

Mollywobbles

VIP Member
I’ve bought a sewing kit to make felt tree decorations…the 12 days of Christmas. I’m aiming to make 1 a month but they look complicated

• Heart

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Should we be spending the next 297 days searching for the things we want for this year's Christmas, as they might be a lot cheaper now?

• Haha
  • Heart

Mollywobbles

VIP Member
Family Christmas tomorrow! It’s the first chance we have all had to get together .
Decorations are still up, just the tree and few free standing ornaments.
Looking forward to lunch and board games

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Happy Lady

VIP Member
Who likes a bargain 🙋

Went to Boots today - there were offers. When paying, the assistant asked if I'd like a free gift. All I had to do was scan a bar code and complete a quick survey. Then I could select my gift. I've come home with a lovely tin containing two smellies. Great as a prezzie for someone or a Secret Santa, but I'd also add maybe a nail varnish as the tin's big enough. Other choices included make up bags and soap.

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
Looking for opinions on whether or not to take down the huge wreath I made for my front door? It ended up cost me around £60 as some of the bits from the original wreath kit I bought on Etsy only lasted a week so I had to order more foliage from another seller, it a lot of money and I hate being wasteful. It still looks great due to the amount of rain we've had keeping the moss ring damp and it breaks me heart to have to bin it. I'm the only one in the street with mines still up tho and the neighbours already think I'm a nutcase 🤣 should I take it down or leave it up? 🙂

(I've added a pic for reference, it's quite noticeable lol my husband is complaining and saying I should have taken it down last week)
Ah that's lovely. Do what makes you happy.

Poss stick some hearts on it and make it a valentines wreath 😆💕.

• Heart

Reality_tv_lover

VIP Member
I love this thread. I adore Christmas but as the mum that has to bring all the magic and the retail worker who has to listen to people's shit every December my love of Christmas has died a little. I was overwhelmed all December until the actual day which was fabulous. Not sure what to do next year to not be as overwhelmed because we buy cards and wrap boxing day. We don't have to buy for too many people and there only 6 of us. What is the secret to enjoying Christmas as the mum who brings the magic but feels flat?

• Heart