Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Merida91

I adore Christmas. But every year I realise that I love the build up and preparation more than the day itself.
Same! My parents are always nothing before December and wait until the second weekend of December to put their decorations up. I think it was the first Lockdown which also happened to be our first Christmas in our new home away from parents that I and others on my street started early around mid November to cheer ourselves up. The following year I was the odd one out up earlier about 10 days before others so now I do it third weekend of November and that seems accepted and prompt others. I like them up as long as possible as I feel sad when most of my street take them down before New Year. Anyone else that has family or in-laws that refuse to discuss Christmas plans before December? My in-laws do this, when I try to bring it up in November they refuse saying it's far too early, when my point is yes but we all need to know numbers because Christmas food slots go in November??

We try to switch between our parents each year, which became very frustrating when my husband's parents are vague as we then can't plan with my parents (and mum does like to know numbers in November). So now Mum and I have decided we will just make our plans and they will have to fit around us. Which will still be awkward when it's technically in-laws turn.

We would host but the house is too small to host either family we only have a table big enough for four.

Reactions: 10

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Just seen this on Facebook, it’s a 6 month advent calendar with all Christmas shows and films you can watch each day on Disney plus if anyone fancies it 😂😂😂

IMG_7402.png

• Haha
  • Wow

Blockster

The Queen used to leave her decorations up until candlemass which is about the 2nd of February, so the 12th night is epiphany but you can carry on with the seasonal lights etc.
Personally I think lights and wreaths are a celebration of the whole winter season, once February comes it's getting lighter and we can take them down, makes winter more bearable.

• Heart

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
I’m so sorry but I think that might be a scam website 😔 Trustpilot and mumsnet have warnings about not receiving goods and even card fraud 😢 You might want to contact your bank and freeze your card just to be on the safe side!
Oh thank you! I will do
---
I’m so sorry but I think that might be a scam website 😔 Trustpilot and mumsnet have warnings about not receiving goods and even card fraud 😢 You might want to contact your bank and freeze your card just to be on the safe side!
I froze my card then spoke to the bank. They told me I have to wait 30 days to see if I receive anything. If I do and it’s the wrong item to request a return then wait 15 days and recontact the bank if no reply. It also seems they took £52 not the £40 I thought I paid

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9

Geranium

VIP Member
I used to love Love Actually but I now won’t watch it because of the fat shaming of a slim character. I just adore the scene with Rowan Atkinson packaging the necklace though.
A lot of the film is a bit toxic when you look at - just my opinion x

Mollywobbles

VIP Member
I had so many Christmases dictated by the in-laws ….were they coming on Christmas Day, were we going there, always involved an overnight stay that when I got divorced and didn’t have to see them it was wonderful.
There was always the food discussion about what they would and wouldn’t eat and what we had to watch on tv. Even worse was the annual argument about when the children could open their presents. They said not until after the queen’s speech even though there were two young children desperate to open the presents under the tree.
Now my grown ups kids and I and OH have a Christmas get together but it doesn’t have to be Christmas Day as they have their own lives and work commitments so I let them decide what suits them and whose house. No hassle, no arguments.

hannah123

VIP Member
Yesssss, these are my favourite ones too. Food ones may be my fave lol
It’s my guilty pleasure, I can literally watch like 10 in a row of people walking me through pigs in blankets, carrots, quality street, like I’ve never done a food shop before😂😂 not Christmas related but similar vein, I love the American “I did a $5k grocery haul” cause they live in the arse end of nowhere and only go shopping twice a year, it really scratches a part of my brain

• Haha

CS3919

Looking for opinions on whether or not to take down the huge wreath I made for my front door? It ended up cost me around £60 as some of the boys from the original wreath kit I bought on Etsy only lasted a week so I had to order more foliage from another seller. It still looks great due to the amount of rain we've had keeping the moss ring damp and it breaks me heart to have to bin it. I'm the only one in the street with mines still up tho and the neighbours already think I'm a nutcase 🤣 should I take it down or leave it up? 🙂
Keep it up if it makes you happy!
I still have my lights on outside until the last day!

Currently listing unwanted or duplicate presents on Vinted. Feels ungrateful but normally I’d keep them for 6 months and then give to charity.
Must tell my mum that fleece pj’s and the menopause are not a good mix.
I’ll trade you three makeup sets for the fleece pjs.
I almost never wear makeup so you can imagine how thrilled I was to open them.
Three sets 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Haha

JSquared

VIP Member
Im collecting gingerbread houses so i can make a little street on our kitchen windowsill. Some are so expensive though 😅

• Heart

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
I want to buy a few vintage baubles and thought this time of year might be able to get them cheaper

Screenshot 2024-04-14 4.39.42 PM.png

What are the ones that look like haemorrhoids supposed to be?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m taking down my tree and decs today 😥 doesn’t seem like they were up long but it’s been a good 5 weeks.
Any leftover Christmas goodies I will take to work on Monday so they can all get fat instead of me 😂
I was supposed to do this but ended up eating them instead with Mr CinnamonSwirl 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8