Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

duckdinner

VIP Member
The decorations have been down for about a week now, but we've only just got around to moving all the living room furniture back to where it lives for 11 months of the year 😅

After moving the sofa, we found 3 tubs of mini cheddars, twiglets & the cheese Christmas trees as well as a box of M&S "outrageously chocolatey" biscuits that I apparently hid behind the sofa for Christmas 🤔🤣🤣

The Christmas snacking recommences!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

coconochanel

VIP Member
Yes we know it is January but some of us love to discuss Christmas all year round. If you are one of us then step into Christmas and join in the chat.

🎄🎅☃❄🍾🎁

• Heart
Reactions: 26

GoldSilver

VIP Member
I totally agree! I usually have post Christmas blues but this one was something else. I cried on the walk up to Aldi because someone was taking their lights down the other day. I love the buzz in the weeks leading up to it, seeing the lights go up, the music (yes I know 🤣) and how everyone seems in a good mood. Then it’s all over in a flash 🥺
I adore Christmas. But every year I realise that I love the build up and preparation more than the day itself.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Bumping this because I need a light thread.

I like old stuff- my boyfriend is the complete opposite.

1709455882578.png
1709455977103.png

---
1709456146298.png

• Heart
Reactions: 23

ATV2021

VIP Member
Don't mean to brag but...

Have definitely finished my birthday & xmas shopping for 2024 🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

HoGi

VIP Member
Me and my husband always miss a decoration or two. This year I went round and collected everything from around the various rooms I.e. the nativity that's jn the hallway etc. Felt very smug that I had collected everything and not missed anything this year, until I got home from work yesterday and saw the doormat 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 21

bread-pitt

Chatty Member
Booked a cruise for the Christmas week. Just me and my husband. No cooking, cleaning, family arguments. Just us and relaxation.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

~*~Jess~*~

I celebrate Christmas all the way through until Epiphany but this year I didn’t feel any of the magic and it all felt a big rush. I delayed getting festive and now I regret it and I had a very overwhelming Christmas. When do you start prepping and preparing?

I totally agree! I usually have post Christmas blues but this one was something else. I cried on the walk up to Aldi because someone was taking their lights down the other day. I love the buzz in the weeks leading up to it, seeing the lights go up, the music (yes I know 🤣) and how everyone seems in a good mood. Then it’s all over in a flash 🥺

• Heart

Kim Mild

VIP Member
My tree is in the hallway, waiting to ge back in the loft. My kids were standing in between each half , spinning them around and pretending they were in the car wash .

• Haha

Cheezychips

Chatty Member
Looking for opinions on whether or not to take down the huge wreath I made for my front door? It ended up cost me around £60 as some of the bits from the original wreath kit I bought on Etsy only lasted a week so I had to order more foliage from another seller, it a lot of money and I hate being wasteful. It still looks great due to the amount of rain we've had keeping the moss ring damp and it breaks me heart to have to bin it. I'm the only one in the street with mines still up tho and the neighbours already think I'm a nutcase 🤣 should I take it down or leave it up? 🙂

(I've added a pic for reference, it's quite noticeable lol my husband is complaining and saying I should have taken it down last week)

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 16

chapterthree

I celebrate Christmas all the way through until Epiphany but this year I didn’t feel any of the magic and it all felt a big rush. I delayed getting festive and now I regret it and I had a very overwhelming Christmas. When do you start prepping and preparing?

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Looking for opinions on whether or not to take down the huge wreath I made for my front door? It ended up cost me around £60 as some of the bits from the original wreath kit I bought on Etsy only lasted a week so I had to order more foliage from another seller, it a lot of money and I hate being wasteful. It still looks great due to the amount of rain we've had keeping the moss ring damp and it breaks me heart to have to bin it. I'm the only one in the street with mines still up tho and the neighbours already think I'm a nutcase 🤣 should I take it down or leave it up? 🙂

(I've added a pic for reference, it's quite noticeable lol my husband is complaining and saying I should have taken it down last week)
It's lovely. My understanding is things don't have to be taken down till the 6th or 7th of January.
You could move it to the back garden. Somewhere you can see it from the window to enjoy whilst it's still alive.
Seems a shame to destroy it because of "what people might think."
ETA. The older you get the less you bother about what people think.

• Heart
Reactions: 15