Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ATV2021

VIP Member
I managed to swipe 2 lots of the Argos paper before seeing it on here & picked up today. £1.30 for 6 rolls & tags etc. Also got a 3 pack from M&S for £1.88 or something. Nicely restocked...even though I still have Debenhams paper to get through. I miss them for sales post xmas too!

BHS was one of my favs 😪

Reactions: 7

kelly123

VIP Member
I’m taking down my tree and decs today 😥 doesn’t seem like they were up long but it’s been a good 5 weeks.
Any leftover Christmas goodies I will take to work on Monday so they can all get fat instead of me 😂

• Haha

Feelslikehome

On the topic of Christmas movies, if you've not seen it, I highly recommend 'This is Christmas'
It's definitely on Sky/Now and it's just brilliant!

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
Currently listing unwanted or duplicate presents on Vinted. Feels ungrateful but normally I’d keep them for 6 months and then give to charity.
Must tell my mum that fleece pj’s and the menopause are not a good mix.
I refuse to feel guilty for doing the same, especially after the crap I got this year from certain people 🫠 I'll also be taking a load to the charity shop. One of my goals this year is to declutter the house, so I feel that's a good start 😄

neverbeeninfluenced

Chatty Member
Same! My parents are always nothing before December and wait until the second weekend of December to put their decorations up. I think it was the first Lockdown which also happened to be our first Christmas in our new home away from parents that I and others on my street started early around mid November to cheer ourselves up. The following year I was the odd one out up earlier about 10 days before others so now I do it third weekend of November and that seems accepted and prompt others. I like them up as long as possible as I feel sad when most of my street take them down before New Year. Anyone else that has family or in-laws that refuse to discuss Christmas plans before December? My in-laws do this, when I try to bring it up in November they refuse saying it's far too early, when my point is yes but we all need to know numbers because Christmas food slots go in November??

We try to switch between our parents each year, which became very frustrating when my husband's parents are vague as we then can't plan with my parents (and mum does like to know numbers in November). So now Mum and I have decided we will just make our plans and they will have to fit around us. Which will still be awkward when it's technically in-laws turn.

We would host but the house is too small to host either family we only have a table big enough for four.
I have the opposite problem in that my husbands family started discussing it in February last year!
Husband is one of 3 but in-laws seemed to come to ours one year and then the next year they would host. We weren’t invited but the 2 daughters were then back to us so I had them every other year. I think I should only have to do 1 in 3. Anyway then covid hit and I needed a home office so goodbye spare bedroom and they haven’t been since. Until this year when it was discussed that they would come and I could share a single bed with our 5 year old and hubby would be on the sofa. No bloody chance! Especially when they only live 20 miles away

So this rumbled on all bloody year where I deflected and said I’m not discussing Xmas at Easter, I’m not discussing Xmas in summer etc. knowing in laws would panic and offer to host or arrange to go elsewhere.

I’m obviously already planning next Christmas but let’s keep that a secret!

Well thanks for letting me get that out as I can’t afford therapy!!

HoGi

VIP Member
I have the opposite problem in that my husbands family started discussing it in February last year!
Husband is one of 3 but in-laws seemed to come to ours one year and then the next year they would host. We weren’t invited but the 2 daughters were then back to us so I had them every other year. I think I should only have to do 1 in 3. Anyway then covid hit and I needed a home office so goodbye spare bedroom and they haven’t been since. Until this year when it was discussed that they would come and I could share a single bed with our 5 year old and hubby would be on the sofa. No bloody chance! Especially when they only live 20 miles away

So this rumbled on all bloody year where I deflected and said I’m not discussing Xmas at Easter, I’m not discussing Xmas in summer etc. knowing in laws would panic and offer to host or arrange to go elsewhere.

I’m obviously already planning next Christmas but let’s keep that a secret!

Well thanks for letting me get that out as I can’t afford therapy!!
My sister is the same. I think her record for asking about Christmas is 6th January 🤣🤣

I managed to get away with not agreeing to plans until October last year and I think she nearly died from the wait.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Icbaaaa

VIP Member
Love all these throwback videos….i would really like to think we are going back to more traditional decorations etc. people were loving all this last year, the foil ones etc, coloured petal lights. I’m here for it ♥
Those petal coloured lights were my favourite! I used to put them around my bedroom windows and tv. I was gutted when my mum stopped coloured lights and replaced with just white (even though I just use white but want a colourful tree this year!) 🎄

• Heart

Carefree

VIP Member
I love the scenery of The Holiday way more than the film itself. Neither couple have any chemistry and the less said about Mr Napkin Head, the better 😒

• Haha

Merida91

I finally took the Christmas cards down yesterday so now the walls feel so bare. I saw on FB my cousin posted that she was finally taking down her Christmas tree and it was quite crispy!

• Haha
  • Heart

JSquared

VIP Member
Since we are on the discussion of movies which does everyone prefer Home Alone 1 or Home Alone 2? I think I prefer HA 2.
Ohhh that’s a tough one. I watch HA1 every Christmas Eve as a tradition, so I’ll say 1 but it’s a tough choosing

I’m stuck in my ways, watch Hocus Pocus every halloween as well 🙈
---
I love this idea of a christmas movie tombola!
Honestly saves me and my OH the ‘what do you wanna watch’ conversation as we are awfully indecisive!

Lalla

VIP Member
I was lusting after Emma Bridgewater items, until I read the Trustpilot reviews.

I like the look of these plates.

View attachment 2972673
Probably 10 years ago now I saw a beautiful Spode Christmas tree dinner set for sale on FB for £150. I really considered buying it, but I didn't really have the money at the time, or anywhere to store it.
It was lovely though. Wish I had bought it now! It wasn't just crockery but serving dishes, gravy boat etc as well.

• Heart

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I’ve only watched Love actually maybe 3/4 times in my life.

Is it a big Christmas movie for you?

IMG_7025.jpeg

---
It was always Home alone for us as kids.

• Heart

JSquared

VIP Member
Step daughter is wanting mini everything so I'm buying a few travel minis every payday to put in her stocking because I know if I don't buy them now won't be any. Plus better for both of us I don't fill her stupidly big stocking with snacks like last year 🫣
Amazon have some cute minis, depending on age and budget -mini wild deodorant sticks, mini Carmex lip balms etc
---
Probably 10 years ago now I saw a beautiful Spode Christmas tree dinner set for sale on FB for £150. I really considered buying it, but I didn't really have the money at the time, or anywhere to store it.
It was lovely though. Wish I had bought it now! It wasn't just crockery but serving dishes, gravy boat etc as well.
TKMaxx / homesense sell these separately at Christmas time. I’ve been adding to my collection for the last few years :)

• Heart