Christmas 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes we know it is January but some of us love to discuss Christmas all year round. If you are one of us then step into Christmas and join in the chat.

🎄🎅☃❄🍾🎁

• Heart
Reactions: 24
After my failure with handmade Christmas Cards i'm going to start them much earlier this time. Not sure how I didnt have time as my plan is simple 'Ho Ho Ho' with the O being buttons.

Reactions: 6
I celebrate Christmas all the way through until Epiphany but this year I didn’t feel any of the magic and it all felt a big rush. I delayed getting festive and now I regret it and I had a very overwhelming Christmas. When do you start prepping and preparing?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I delayed getting festive and now I regret it and I had a very overwhelming Christmas. When do you start prepping and preparing?
We have quite a few June and July birthdays so once they’re done, I start putting money away. Then usually start shopping around September but don’t usually get much done until October/November. My goal is always to be finished before December but it never really works out. But at least if I have the bulk done before December it really takes the pressure off.

Reactions: 4
I celebrate Christmas all the way through until Epiphany but this year I didn’t feel any of the magic and it all felt a big rush. I delayed getting festive and now I regret it and I had a very overwhelming Christmas. When do you start prepping and preparing?
I will start present buying around August if I see anything I know someone would like. For things like wrapping paper, cards, gift bags etc I usual start that at the end of October/ beginning of November. The thing is with shops like B&M and Home Bargains you have to buy thing when you see them as they tend to sell out quick and they don't always restock.

Reactions: 7
I usually start shopping in September one the kids are back in education

Reactions: 1
I’ve bought a sewing kit to make felt tree decorations…the 12 days of Christmas. I’m aiming to make 1 a month but they look complicated

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My tree is still up , although my wreath and other bits are down . I like to put them straight away in the loft when they come down. I can't be bothered yet as I don't really have time so I'll do it on Saturday. I'm not feeling any Christmas magic now , though, I think I'm imover it all.

I still have mince pies and Xmas pud to eat .

Reactions: 2
Decorations won't go down untill Friday, although I have 2 stocking pressies for hubby's stocking next Christmas.

Reactions: 1
I felt the same this year - had an accident that put me out of action for a bit and then got COVID so by the time I recovered it was Christmas and it all just happened at once. Felt really odd.

We start shopping for Christmas in about August/September but this year I'm putting money away from February so I'm a bit better prepared financially.

Reactions: 5
Me and my husband always miss a decoration or two. This year I went round and collected everything from around the various rooms I.e. the nativity that's jn the hallway etc. Felt very smug that I had collected everything and not missed anything this year, until I got home from work yesterday and saw the doormat 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 21
My fella finished all his Xmas chocolate last night

I’ve still got 2 big bags of the only strawberry quality streets, a box of the Nestle dairy box, a packet of pigs in blanket crisps and some fererro rochers 😂 I like to take my time

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I've noticed a couple of attractions are keeping their festive events open until this weekend. All the crap weather must have hit them financially.

Reactions: 2
Me and my husband always miss a decoration or two. This year I went round and collected everything from around the various rooms I.e. the nativity that's jn the hallway etc. Felt very smug that I had collected everything and not missed anything this year, until I got home from work yesterday and saw the doormat 🤦🏼‍♀️
This is me, my child's "santa" board, where we leave the mince pie, normally stays in the kitchen for about 8 months because we keep forgetting to put it away! 🫣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Looking for opinions on whether or not to take down the huge wreath I made for my front door? It ended up cost me around £60 as some of the bits from the original wreath kit I bought on Etsy only lasted a week so I had to order more foliage from another seller, it a lot of money and I hate being wasteful. It still looks great due to the amount of rain we've had keeping the moss ring damp and it breaks me heart to have to bin it. I'm the only one in the street with mines still up tho and the neighbours already think I'm a nutcase 🤣 should I take it down or leave it up? 🙂

(I've added a pic for reference, it's quite noticeable lol my husband is complaining and saying I should have taken it down last week)

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 16