Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

peekachu

Chatty Member

How many can you remember the smell of 🤣. Wish buses looked like that at xmas niw
This is nostalgic for me even though I was born in the 90s - Christmas looked just liked this growing up! My parents still have a lot of their decorations from then and get them out every year ☺

Reactions: 7

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I was lusting after Emma Bridgewater items, until I read the Trustpilot reviews.

I like the look of these plates.

IMG_5871.jpeg

---
I use my £7 Christmas tablecloth all year around instead of my Landlord’s original New York tablecloth.

IMG_5872.jpeg

Last edited:

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Looking for opinions on whether or not to take down the huge wreath I made for my front door? It ended up cost me around £60 as some of the bits from the original wreath kit I bought on Etsy only lasted a week so I had to order more foliage from another seller, it a lot of money and I hate being wasteful. It still looks great due to the amount of rain we've had keeping the moss ring damp and it breaks me heart to have to bin it. I'm the only one in the street with mines still up tho and the neighbours already think I'm a nutcase 🤣 should I take it down or leave it up? 🙂

(I've added a pic for reference, it's quite noticeable lol my husband is complaining and saying I should have taken it down last week)
Keep the wreath up . It's more of a winter thing than being specific to Christmas.

peekachu

Chatty Member
Got some things from cath kidston sale site that I’ll give for xmas. 2 make up kinda bags, 2 little gift set things (hand cream, body mist, lip balm, hand sanitiser) and then got myself a jumper and earphones, £40 for it. Cheap so even if I wouldn’t want it myself least I’m saving money 😅
I’m so sorry but I think that might be a scam website 😔 Trustpilot and mumsnet have warnings about not receiving goods and even card fraud 😢 You might want to contact your bank and freeze your card just to be on the safe side!

• Wow

MagpieTree

Last year was my first year with a real Christmas tree, I couldn't bear to get rid of him in January as he still looked okay so we took the decorations off and moved him to the garden. He's starting to get a few little brown patches now but doesn't look too bad and the birds seem to enjoy perching in him.

Marylou

VIP Member
All my decorations are down but have yet to make it to the attic. I'm glad in a way cause I keep finding random bits around the house so now they can go into the boxes rather than hang around in the spare bedroom all year.

I bought the Aldi wrapping paper before Christmas as my huge stash from years ago was depleted. Have to say it's excellent quality and I went back for more, found it reduced so stocked up.

Also bought Christmas cards and have 1 gift bought plus part of another. My Mom saves all her gift bags for me and people didn't write on the ones we received so I have an abundance of those.

Scored a fab blazer and blouse in the M&S sale online but haven't had much luck elsewhere. Anyone get some bargains?

Oh no! I had no idea they shut down all of their stores in Ireland! 😓
Oh yeah. It was a huge scandal. They franchised their Ireland stores but whatever happened with the new owners they ended up in serious debt. A lot of the employees got no warning and showed up to work to find themselves out of a job. Awful 😔

• Sad

JSquared

VIP Member
Christmas felt very rushed and last minute due to life with a newborn. I am excited for Christmas 2024 already and my Pinterest is heaving with ideas and plans already ❤

Any ideas for cute traditions to start with little ones?

• Heart

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
The first week of September is the right time for decorations to appear. Otherwise you just get fatigue from looking at them and it’s not exciting 😂.

I might be visiting family in Norway this year, depends on if I feel like travelling. I started declining invitations and haven’t been for more than 2 years.

hannah123

VIP Member
Same I'm gonna try that this year. As you can spend half the night deciding what to watch 🤣
I love the idea but I know I’m one of those where I’d pick a film and be like nah don’t want that one, try again, and do that 10 times😂

I only watched The Holiday for the first time last year and was kinda disappointed, I thought it was okay but loads of people say it’s their favourite, much prefer Love Actually for the romcom Xmas film

• Haha

peekachu

Chatty Member
I used to love Love Actually but I now won’t watch it because of the fat shaming of a slim character. I just adore the scene with Rowan Atkinson packaging the necklace though.
A lot of the film is a bit toxic when you look at - just my opinion x
I agree, I don’t think it has aged very well. I know lots of people love it, but I never felt it was very Christmassy? It’s not a favourite of mine. But I’ll still watch it if it’s on the telly.. because it’s Christmas 😂

Nosymum

VIP Member
I’m so glad I’m not the only one who has separate dinner sets for Christmas and special occasions. I’ve got a set for 10 I never have more than four or five people.🤣

• Haha

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
My fella finished all his Xmas chocolate last night

I’ve still got 2 big bags of the only strawberry quality streets, a box of the Nestle dairy box, a packet of pigs in blanket crisps and some fererro rochers 😂 I like to take my time

• Heart

da1sycha1n

VIP Member
we bought a real Christmas tree for outside it wasn't a potted one. its been sitting in sand and water in a wooden planter since the end of November it still looks fab, even though we've had quite a few storms since then. The lights and baubles were taken down on the 4th of January, we bought it from Home bargains for I'm sure £10.95 which was great value considering how much Dobbies wanted for similar.