Christmas 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
June Christmas Confession -
Last week I spent a small fortune buying The Grinch - Tonies - Characters x 3 because I couldn’t cope with the stress of waiting for them to go on sale closer to Christmas.
It’s a good idea. Sometimes if we also wait the item might go out of stock too. My sister wanted to get M&S Christmas cups for 5 people she works with. We got one as I bought it before and they ended up getting “London” cups Instead.

Reactions: 2
June Christmas Confession -
Last week I spent a small fortune buying The Grinch - Tonies - Characters x 3 because I couldn’t cope with the stress of waiting for them to go on sale closer to Christmas.
This is a great idea for little ones I have to buy for. Googling now and will most probably purchase before they go out of stock

I'd like some grinch decorations , I was convinced last Yr would be the yr we'd get some here . I seen the giant grinch costco had , I'd quiet like him . But I mean room decorations , figures etc the US have some lovely stuff we get novelty slippers 😡🤔🎅

I'd like some grinch decorations , I was convinced last Yr would be the yr we'd get some here . I seen the giant grinch costco had , I'd quiet like him . But I mean room decorations , figures etc the US have some lovely stuff we get novelty slippers 😡🤔🎅
Home Bargains had absolutely loads of Grinch stuff last year.

It’s my birth week and to celebrate, this is the bowl I’ve used for breakfast and dinner today. Might be the bowl I use for every meal this week 😜
IMG_7358.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I was lusting after Emma Bridgewater items, until I read the Trustpilot reviews.

I like the look of these plates.

IMG_5871.jpeg

---
I use my £7 Christmas tablecloth all year around instead of my Landlord’s original New York tablecloth.

IMG_5872.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I was lusting after Emma Bridgewater items, until I read the Trustpilot reviews.

View attachment 2972673
---
I use my £7 Christmas tablecloth all year around instead of my Landlord’s original New York tablecloth.

View attachment 2972680
I’ve got a few Emma Bridgewater items, and purchased them as gifts, and had no issues with anything so far.
No Christmas items yet but this will be my year!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The only thing I currently want for myself is a scrub daddy.

Glad you had a good experience with EB. To be fair - there are some good reviews there too. The negative stick more for my poor depression prone brain 😂.

IMG_5874.jpeg

IMG_5877.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I have a whole heap of EB items, especially Christmas things, and haven't had any problems with them. That said, I haven't bought any recently so wonder if they've cut corners on quality but not pricing.

Reactions: 1
The only thing I currently want for myself is a scrub daddy.

Glad you had a good experience with EB. To be fair - there are some good reviews there too. The negative stick more for my poor depression prone brain 😂.

View attachment 2972744

View attachment 2972745
Instantly thought I bet this is dishwashing as heating/cooling repeatedly will cause cracks in glaze & where joined, a quick google their own advice is quite woolly that it is dishwasher proof but on “lower temperatures” - that’s very subjective lol and I imagine why people are coming unstuck with it (and why they won’t do anything?). I’d say you’re safe just hand wash anything sentimental ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Instantly thought I bet this is dishwashing as heating/cooling repeatedly will cause cracks in glaze & where joined, a quick google their own advice is quite woolly that it is dishwasher proof but on “lower temperatures” - that’s very subjective lol and I imagine why people are coming unstuck with it (and why they won’t do anything?). I’d say you’re safe just hand wash anything sentimental ❤
This is a good point. I always hand wash my Emma Bridgewater/most precious plates, mugs etc. I don’t trust my dishwasher lol

Reactions: 3
Step daughter is wanting mini everything so I'm buying a few travel minis every payday to put in her stocking because I know if I don't buy them now won't be any. Plus better for both of us I don't fill her stupidly big stocking with snacks like last year 🫣

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I've never had any problems with my EB mugs but I don't put mine in the dishwasher I wash them by hand.

Reactions: 1
I've found my people!! I bloody love Christmas. I have 3 trees (sometimes 4) and an outside door frame display. I love wrapping, crap films, hot chocolate with candy cane spoons, I have Mariah Carey on my year round playlist. Love love love.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Step daughter is wanting mini everything so I'm buying a few travel minis every payday to put in her stocking because I know if I don't buy them now won't be any. Plus better for both of us I don't fill her stupidly big stocking with snacks like last year 🫣
Where are you getting the minis from? SpaceNK do good minis.

View attachment 2972673
Probably 10 years ago now I saw a beautiful Spode Christmas tree dinner set for sale on FB for £150. I really considered buying it, but I didn't really have the money at the time, or anywhere to store it.
It was lovely though. Wish I had bought it now! It wasn't just crockery but serving dishes, gravy boat etc as well.

• Heart
If you sign up to the Spode website, they're very good at their sales and letting you know when it's ready.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Probably 10 years ago now I saw a beautiful Spode Christmas tree dinner set for sale on FB for £150. I really considered buying it, but I didn't really have the money at the time, or anywhere to store it.
It was lovely though. Wish I had bought it now! It wasn't just crockery but serving dishes, gravy boat etc as well.
Sorry you missed out. I’ve seen the Spode ones too. Spode also do seconds as well which are cheaper. Maybe they will also put the seasonal ones up too.

---
Thanks for the reply and for the pottery insight Here. I don’t have a dishwasher (or a microwave) at my current place, so have been handwashing everything.

Perhaps I will reconsider at some point. I’ve become obsessed with Cornishware after ordering two personalised mugs for my brother and another sibling.

For everyday I bought this set from M&S. Then added four mixed Cornishware bowls. Think the same would work for a Christmas dinner setting. You don’t need everything in the Christmas design and can use the basic ones as a base.

IMG_5891.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
For everyday I bought this set from M&S. Then added four mixed Cornishware bowls. Think the same would work for a Christmas dinner setting. You don’t need everything in the Christmas design and can use the basic ones as a base.

View attachment 2973806
Thank you for this idea - I do already have a lovely plain cream dinner set (inherited from my parents) which is so nice that I only ever use it at Christmas or other special occasions. This was another reason why I dithered over buying the Spode set previously. I think rather than buying a full on Christmas set, I might try and pick up a few Christmas plates and dishes to use alongside it, that way I get the best of both worlds :)

• Heart
Amazon have some cute minis, depending on age and budget -mini wild deodorant sticks, mini Carmex lip balms etc
---
TKMaxx / homesense sell these separately at Christmas time. I’ve been adding to my collection for the last few years :)

• Heart