Christmas 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had never heard of Spode before! I love the Morris & Co collection they have 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m so glad I’m not the only one who has separate dinner sets for Christmas and special occasions. I’ve got a set for 10 I never have more than four or five people.🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Omg I’ve found my people! 😂 I’ve been mentally creating lists already

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m so glad I’m not the only one who has separate dinner sets for Christmas and special occasions. I’ve got a set for 10 I never have more than four or five people.🤣
Please tell me that you have 10 because of Sleepless in Seattle!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Got my grandma's and friends Christmas present sorted.
I have a candle in my cupboard that I bought for a gift over a year ago. Only really have my auntie to gift it to but she always gets candles so don't know whether to get her something else. But no idea what.
Also no idea what to get my uncle and grandad. We only do small gifts so any suggestions?

Reactions: 1
I actually don’t 🙈🙈 I just like even numbers so 10 sounded good 🤣🤣
I think it’s good to have spares in your favourite pattern. I still feel bad for breaking my best friend’s IKEA plate when I accidentally dropped it.

I also love Rose Confetti by Royal Albert. It feels sweet and slightly romantic.
---
Got my grandma's and friends Christmas present sorted.
I have a candle in my cupboard that I bought for a gift over a year ago. Only really have my auntie to gift it to but she always gets candles so don't know whether to get her something else. But no idea what.
Also no idea what to get my uncle and grandad. We only do small gifts so any suggestions?
You could get photos printed and put into a small album. A copy of a book they said they wanted to read. A handwritten letter saying that you appreciate them.

My sister’s friend loves oranges and is always handing them out at work. She found an Orange serving plate and she’s going to give it to her with some oranges. 🍊

That’s the plate:

IMG_5945.jpeg

---
Also Flying Tiger have Christmas mugs on sale online.
---
IMG_5972.jpeg
IMG_5973.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Hi everyone! Just joining as I’m pretty Christmas mad. I’ve started my Christmas shopping. Not sure if they have any left but Studio were selling Christmas pudding oodies for 2.99 down from 35.00!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Argos have some Christmas clearance sales on their website, I managed to buy a new 6ft tree for £30

Reactions: 5
Ahhh hello my kind of people, glad i'm not the only one who thinks and talks about christmas all year round!! Following :)

Reactions: 3
My original plan was me & Mum giving everyone a Christmas Dec( with lots of thought about which design beehive for a Bee fan etc) then a homemade advent calendar per family.
Now its just me & i'm not sure how long probate will take so i've had to change it abit. We had bought 3 decorations but everyone else its now a much cheaper decoration. I bought the kids ones from Ebay that are their initial & dragons which i'm guessing quality wont be the best.
they can hang them each Year knowing it's from the Christmas cousin Laura tried lol
I also bought a 15 pack of Gonks from Amazon for everyone else and they are actually really cute & a nice size.
The Advents depend if I learn how to sew :ROFLMAO:

I'm still hoping to have a real Tree this time but for future considering a fake, as nowdays they look nice and would work out better value.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
My original plan was me & Mum giving everyone a Christmas Dec( with lots of thought about which design beehive for a Bee fan etc) then a homemade advent calendar per family.
Now its just me & i'm not sure how long probate will take so i've had to change it abit. We had bought 3 decorations but everyone else its now a much cheaper decoration. I bought the kids ones from Ebay that are their initial & dragons which i'm guessing quality wont be the best.
they can hang them each Year knowing it's from the Christmas cousin Laura tried lol
I also bought a 15 pack of Gonks from Amazon for everyone else and they are actually really cute & a nice size.
The Advents depend if I learn how to sew :ROFLMAO:

I'm still hoping to have a real Tree this time but for future considering a fake, as nowdays they look nice and would work out better value.
Fwiw if I’d received a decoration from someone who’s just lost their mum & is having a bad year it’d be a super special one that I kept forever. They’ll love it, sending love to you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The first week of September is the right time for decorations to appear. Otherwise you just get fatigue from looking at them and it’s not exciting 😂.

I might be visiting family in Norway this year, depends on if I feel like travelling. I started declining invitations and haven’t been for more than 2 years.

Reactions: 7