Christmas 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can only start in August once my mat leave is over 😩😩
I do the Park Christmas savings then buy a lot Boxing Day (like if people like certain brands/smelly bits) so that has definitely helped the last few years. I get love2shop vouchers

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Ah thank you, I will look into this! 🥰
It's very handy. I have a DD setup for like £20 a month so don't hugely notice it and then get my vouchers sent October/November each year.
Shame I can't nudge my referral link but lists my name 😆😆

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It's very handy. I have a DD setup for like £20 a month so don't hugely notice it and then get my vouchers sent October/November each year.
Shame I can't nudge my referral link but lists my name 😆😆
I may start that but for next year.
I am struggling not being organised in terms of buying but I have lists what to buy people at least.

Reactions: 1
Just seen this on Facebook, it’s a 6 month advent calendar with all Christmas shows and films you can watch each day on Disney plus if anyone fancies it 😂😂😂

IMG_7402.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
In the past the problem with these Christmas saving clubs is that they’ve gone bust. Leaving those who have saved without any compensation.

Not sure if they did introduce any safeguards,
But you can save individually into an account yourself. Get topcashback too if you buy gift cards.
---

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
In the past the problem with these Christmas saving clubs is that they’ve gone bust. Leaving those who have saved without any compensation.

Not sure if they did introduce any safeguards,
But you can save individually into an account yourself. Get topcashback too if you buy gift cards.
---
Tbf that was nearly 20 years ago and since then Park and another signed up to the Christmas Prepayment Association which means that it would be easier to get money back if they did go bust - whereas Farepak etc didn't have anything like this back in the day. It's essentially a trust with individual trustees etc

Reactions: 3
Credit Unions are a great place to save. They have Christmas schemes etc, aswell as normal saving and loans. I wouldn’t touch Park etc, after similar went bust.

Do you get any benefit from those schemes beyond them saving your money for you? Would it not just be better to open a savings account with a bank? My RBS one offers 7% interest, Moneybox have a 5% one. Better in your pocket than there’s who will be sticking it in interest accounts

• Heart
Reactions: 4