Childfree by Choice #12 I care about my life, not my death.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My work is going to open a hour earlier for summer so 8 instead of 9 starts 2 of the the other supervisor get to start at 10 instead guess why

• Angry
Reactions: 10
I was out last night in a craft ale type pub, left to go home at about 10pm and spotted a group of people sitting drinking with a newborn baby in a car seat on the table!
I came here to say just this! Just when did it become socially acceptable to take children on a night out?!! I’ve noticed it more and more lately! Newborns in car seats under tables, toddlers parked in prams asleep, or awake and entertained by an iPad/ running about!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I came here to say just this! Just when did it become socially acceptable to take children on a night out?!! I’ve noticed it more and more lately! Newborns in car seats under tables, toddlers parked in prams asleep, or awake and entertained by an iPad/ running about!
In the last few years I’ve seen quite a few things on social media, or in articles along the lines of how do I tell my best friend she can’t bring her child on my hen night or my sister won’t let me bring my child to her hen night what shall I say to her. Why would anything want to bring a child to a hen night or think that was ok!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
In the last few years I’ve seen quite a few things on social media, or in articles along the lines of how do I tell my best friend she can’t bring her child on my hen night or my sister won’t let me bring my child to her hen night what shall I say to her. Why would anything want to bring a child to a hen night or think that was ok!
It’s honestly unbelievable, why would it even cross your mind do think it’s acceptable! Urgh the entitlement of these ‘parents’ is just infuriating! They have to accept that when you have children life changes, you can’t continue as before, and if you’re not prepared to make sacrifices/put them and their needs first, don’t bloody well have them! 😂
I just want to go out for a drink in peace!

Reactions: 10
Omg I have found my people hi! New here 👋
My most recent annoyance was that I wanted some days off that fell during a half term. Was told no because those with kids at work needed half terms. They have every single half term and when I argued I was told you don’t need time off for family you don’t have kids.
I had to walk off I was so mad

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I’m out. Actually had it suggested to me today that childless people should pay more tax because they aren’t doing what as human beings we were created to which is to reproduce 🤦🏼‍♀️ should I have been shot the second I found out I was infertile then?

Go back to Gilead mate if you don’t mind 🙄

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
I’m out. Actually had it suggested to me today that childless people should pay more tax because they aren’t doing what as human beings we were created to which is to reproduce 🤦🏼‍♀️ should I have been shot the second I found out I was infertile then?

Go back to Gilead mate if you don’t mind 🙄
I saw a thread on Reddit about that. Saying those with kids should get tax breaks and those without should pay more to help those populating!

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
I saw a thread on Reddit about that. Saying those with kids should get tax breaks and those without should pay more to help those populating!
It’s crazy isn’t it! And completely the wrong way round… as it’s us without kids who are probably paying more than we take out. Ok I’ve had an awful lot of NHS resources over my lifetime but I am a higher rate tax payer and won’t ever need maternity leave, schooling or healthcare for my kids, not to mention doing my bit for climate change…

Reactions: 21
It’s crazy isn’t it! And completely the wrong way round… as it’s us without kids who are probably paying more than we take out. Ok I’ve had an awful lot of NHS resources over my lifetime but I am a higher rate tax payer and won’t ever need maternity leave, schooling or healthcare for my kids, not to mention doing my bit for climate change…
Yup. We aren’t the ones claiming child tax credits or utilising school places etc etc etc. I’m higher rate too and I just get pissed off that because I’m childless by choice I get less favourable picks of things at jobs or looked at with pity when I say I don’t have a kid OR a partner. 🙄

• Heart
Yup. We aren’t the ones claiming child tax credits or utilising school places etc etc etc. I’m higher rate too and I just get pissed off that because I’m childless by choice I get less favourable picks of things at jobs or looked at with pity when I say I don’t have a kid OR a partner. 🙄
Not to mention having to pick up the slack when others do go on maternity leave or little Johnny has to say home poorly and no one else can possibly help (where’s my paid emergency leave for taking the cats to the vets?!). I’ve read some stuff this week about the amount of people who work at home who are looking after kids at the same time and I’m horrified! But they’re all doing their jobs just as well as everyone else apparently…

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I think the other way around lol, if you're having kids you're more of a burden on social resources than childless/childfree people and you should fork out more tax if that's the choice you've made. 🤷‍♀️ Some parents literally want everyone else to make it possible for them to raise kids and not do tit themselves. I find it especially hysterical when they think it's childfree relatives' responsibility to offer free childcare 😂 No thanks love, enjoy the bed you've made I hope it's comfortable.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
In the Yorkshire Dales for Easter this weekend. At the pub last night there was a table of four parents getting hammered while their three kids sat at a different table shrieking and playing with dominos. You know, the kind that make a loud noise when repeatedly banged down on a table. They didn't leave until 9.45pm!!! 😭

• Wow
  • Sad
We went to the pub on Friday afternoon and 3 kids were just running around, then starting playing with the sand on the shuffleboards and throwing it on the floor. The youngest was only about 3/4. The parents weren’t paying any attention to them, just sat at the tables glued to their phones. Eventually the manger told the kids to stop with the sand and some of them left. It was really ruining our evening and the whole atmosphere changed once they all went home.

Kids in pubs in the evening really winds me up, there are so few adult only spaces and there are so many family friendly ones. Why can’t people keep their kids out of our spaces, we don’t want to be in theirs! Or if you don’t want to change your lifestyle, maybe just don’t have them.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Just got a Happy Easter message from my mother in law, along with a video of her grandson opening chocolate eggs. NOT INTERESTED, THANKS.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Why are they filming them opening chocolate eggs?! They know what’s inside! Hardly a surprise like Christmas presents

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Saw some America influencer (who I follow for home decor stuff!) do a whole Easter night before prep. They're making it into a mini Xmas - I mean fine if they can be bothered but that's alot of work.

I couldn't take the competitive element of parenting!

One lady I know said she really burnt herself out recently doing her kids bday party cos all the class were coming and she wanted the other mums to think well of her. She was up til the early hours making decorations for the theme and cleaning the house. Only for 15 kids to come over and wreck the place and it need to be cleaned again that afternoon.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
We went to the pub on Friday afternoon and 3 kids were just running around, then starting playing with the sand on the shuffleboards and throwing it on the floor. The youngest was only about 3/4. The parents weren’t paying any attention to them, just sat at the tables glued to their phones. Eventually the manger told the kids to stop with the sand and some of them left. It was really ruining our evening and the whole atmosphere changed once they all went home.

Kids in pubs in the evening really winds me up, there are so few adult only spaces and there are so many family friendly ones. Why can’t people keep their kids out of our spaces, we don’t want to be in theirs! Or if you don’t want to change your lifestyle, maybe just don’t have them.
I might start going to soft play areas and get drunk and blast music. Invade their spaces 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I’ve just seen the most ridiculous TikTok. This lady and her partner take their toddler on a 12 hour flight. She moans the entire video and her behaviour is so entitled.

First off, she moans because security make her take the toddler out the pram to go through security. She’s angry because the kid was asleep and she was made to wake him.

Then on the flight, the kid is bored because she didn’t bring toys, so she lets the kid try and open the plane door. She moans when the stewards tell her off. Then she sits on the floor, in the way, so her kid can have her seat. Then the kid keeps running into business class, so the curtains get shut. The child keeps trying to go through and she gets told off.

This lady said she had to bite her tongue and fight saying ‘you try entertaining a toddler for 12 hours’. Er you’re the one who chose to have a child and take them on a long haul flight 🙄

She’s getting roasted in the comments though!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I might start going to soft play areas and get drunk and blast music. Invade their spaces 😂
Small children being unsupervised in alcohol serving establishments is somehow completely fine but I'm sure that would present a safety issue 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12