Childfree by Choice #12 I care about my life, not my death.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Massive side eye. I did not want any children at my wedding (including babies) because of the potential noise. Babies cry, kids scream and you can’t control that. This “holier than thou” entitlement by mums is a huge reason why I am childfree. Do they not remember what it was like before their whole life revolved around their crotch goblins?

IMG_1681.jpeg

IMG_1680.jpeg

IMG_1682.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Massive side eye. I did not want any children at my wedding (including babies) because of the potential noise. Babies cry, kids scream and you can’t control that. This “holier than thou” entitlement by mums is a huge reason why I am childfree. Do they not remember what it was like before their whole life revolved around their crotch goblins?

View attachment 2723026

View attachment 2723028

View attachment 2723041
I don’t know why they’re saying stuff like do you have kids and you’ll understand when you have kids, on Mumsnet a few weeks ago was a woman having a childfree wedding except her own kids, there’s often threads on there and I’ve seen threads on Reddit about people having childfree weddings either with their own children or with even their own children not attending. It’s not unusual to see on step parenting forums/sub forums where eg the bride and grooms shared children are not attending but the children from the grooms previous marriage feel left out because they aren’t invited but they aren’t being because it’s childfree but how do you explain that to 5-10 year old.

Reactions: 4
I went to a corporate event yesterday, this will be a working group on a project for the next 18 months, the first time we’ve all met. We did the usual intro of who you are, your daily job role, your project role and an interesting fact. One woman’s interesting fact was ‘I’m a mum’ 🤢😡

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
I went to a corporate event yesterday, this will be a working group on a project for the next 18 months, the first time we’ve all met. We did the usual intro of who you are, your daily job role, your project role and an interesting fact. One woman’s interesting fact was ‘I’m a mum’ 🤢😡
Christ that's genuinely tragic.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This was the first comment on a reel from a neurodiverse person talking about exhaustion from working a full time job.

Thankfully everyone in the replies saw sense and pointed out how being a parent is a choice. It’s shocking how this person can lack any empathy and laugh at how someone’s disability affects them!

Imagine if their children are neurodiverse or have a disability, would they laugh at them too?

C97E2A55-6E2B-4E4A-918F-5407FA86DB7E.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
This was the first comment on a reel from a neurodiverse person talking about exhaustion from working a full time job.

Thankfully everyone in the replies saw sense and pointed out how being a parent is a choice. It’s shocking how this person can lack any empathy and laugh at how someone’s disability affects them!

Imagine if their children are neurodiverse or have a disability, would they laugh at them too?

View attachment 2729466
The cry laughing emoji takes the nauseating comment to a new level honestly.

A lot of people have to work to keep affording being alive, regardless of their mental state. Nobody has to have a child. If you choose to raise kids, shut your hole and stop trying to turn them into your martyrdom story. Ffs. You don't get to look down on childfree people because you have to rush from little Tabitha's swimming lessons to Barnaby's football practice.

These "self sacrificing" mothers would lose their wits if they actually came across with a woman who was forced to bear children.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I had my grandma say a couple of days ago that I'm too old to ever have a child now and old enough that I should be a grandmother. I'm 34 so yes, I'm old enough to be a grandmother but only if I had a child by 17 and then they had a child by 17 - before either of us was a legal adult. My sister has a 14-year-old stepdaughter; wonder if grandma has been asking her why she isn't a mum yet?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I had my grandma say a couple of days ago that I'm too old to ever have a child now and old enough that I should be a grandmother. I'm 34 so yes, I'm old enough to be a grandmother but only if I had a child by 17 and then they had a child by 17 - before either of us was a legal adult. My sister has a 14-year-old stepdaughter; wonder if grandma has been asking her why she isn't a mum yet?
And I thought I was the youngest person in the world who read Liz Jones 😂

Yeah I’m 34 too, and single, the pressure is real and I think it’s starting to dawn on my parents that kids REALLY aren’t happening :( they’re getting antsy around me and asking about next steps

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
No offence to you grandmother but I often wonder if comments like this are because they’re projecting. Misery loves company and all that.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
No offence to you grandmother but I often wonder if comments like this are because they’re projecting. Misery loves company and all that.
My MIL often says my husband and his brother ruined her life. It was nothing but sacrifice for her. Never had money or life quality. But then says oh she loved her kids and that’s what life is all about and why don’t we at least consider the joy it’d bring. The same joy she says she had to wait 25 years to get rid of her kids, divorce their dad that she hated and find someone rich to give her the life she always wanted, now it’s “her time”. Yeah sounds absolutely fantastic, we will get right on that 😂 Those dating adverts for our timers absolutely do my head too like oh now our kids are grown up it’s finally our time, let’s get divorced from people we got stuck having kids with and have a fling! Life is all YOUR TIME you made a choice to have the kids! MIL seems to miss the point that the trauma she inflicted with her own misery is probably a big reason my husband doesn’t want to make the same mistake!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Here's a responsible breeder for you....Gregg Wallace's article about how he spends his Saturday.

The whole thing is up his own arse hilarious (he walks a whopping 50k steps a week and thinks that makes him a health guru with a 6 pack) but the stuff about his kid is awful!

Imagine saying in public that you didn't want one, only had him cos your younger 4th wife wanted one, and your conditions (!) on having a kid was a week away without him every year....the boy is autistic non-verbal!

And in this article he spends 2hrs playing computer games alone instead of quality time with his child. But, father of the year here cooks ONCE a week, so credit where it's due :ROFLMAO:

They could have just not had kids?

Screenshot_20240206_081936_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
Wow his poor wife having to be a carer to her son and that hairless ball bag too. I hope she leaves him and rinses him in the divorce!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Wow his poor wife having to be a carer to her son and that hairless ball bag too. I hope she leaves him and rinses him in the divorce!
If they got divorced she can use this article as proof that his only contribution was financial and it was her and her mother doing all the childcare and domestic tasks!

Imagine admitting to the world you never wanted your kid and that you spend all weekend at the gym and playing computer games.

I took the bit about biscuits on the sofa not being fulfilling personally :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Who writes in a national newspaper that they’re a weak minded idiot who has a child he didn’t want, foists his share of the care onto another woman and brags about how little he does with that child and around the house. He needs a PR person because I already didn’t like him and that article really hasn’t helped!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Obnoxious selfish twit, he probably wrote that feeling proud as a peacock. Gets special treatment at the gym? He probably browbeat the poor manager with DoN't YoU kNoW wHo I aM?

How magnanimous that he agreed to have a child on the basis that they have 'help' in the form of an unpaid female carer :rolleyes: (her mother, of course) unpleasant tightarse.

Reactions: 14