Childfree by Choice #12 I care about my life, not my death.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just seen the most ridiculous TikTok. This lady and her partner take their toddler on a 12 hour flight. She moans the entire video and her behaviour is so entitled.

First off, she moans because security make her take the toddler out the pram to go through security. She’s angry because the kid was asleep and she was made to wake him.

Then on the flight, the kid is bored because she didn’t bring toys, so she lets the kid try and open the plane door. She moans when the stewards tell her off. Then she sits on the floor, in the way, so her kid can have her seat. Then the kid keeps running into business class, so the curtains get shut. The child keeps trying to go through and she gets told off.

This lady said she had to bite her tongue and fight saying ‘you try entertaining a toddler for 12 hours’. Er you’re the one who chose to have a child and take them on a long haul flight 🙄

She’s getting roasted in the comments though!
She would sharp be complaining if security didn’t make someone take the child out of the pram and got on her flight with a weapon.

Reactions: 11
My parents have come to stay with us for the Easter weekend. I've been looking online to find something nice to do with them, but the only things I can find are family orientated Easter Egg hunts or kids arts and craft events. So annoying, us adults want to make the most of the weekend too!

Reactions: 16
My parents have come to stay with us for the Easter weekend. I've been looking online to find something nice to do with them, but the only things I can find are family orientated Easter Egg hunts or kids arts and craft events. So annoying, us adults want to make the most of the weekend too!
Exactly this! My partner and I are having to actively avoid one of our favourite local places this weekend for walking, pottering and generally spending a day out, because they're doing back-to-back 'family' events (bloody easter egg hunts and the like) 😡

Reactions: 12
There’s a nice little food stall market here, always pretty busy but obviously especially busy over Easter. Made worse by the fact they were doing a bloody Easter treasure hunt thing there. One of the stations they had to find involved going up to the counter at a deli, so people trying to actually buy something were stuck queuing behind multiple children who needed to ask the person on the till for a code or token or some tit. The market is surrounded by open park space, do the treasure hunt there!

• Wow
She would sharp be complaining if security didn’t make someone take the child out of the pram and got on her flight with a weapon.
I’m sure I saw that video on Instagram but the comments are all positive! Wonder if she is deleting them. She is the same age as me, surely it’s common sense to take some toys for the plane? I’m so confused as to what she expected to happen taking a toddler on a long haul flight, like of course he will be bored? I don’t get people with children man

Reactions: 8
I’m in a fb group for a festival I’m attending later on this year and there’s a lack of parking so locals are offering their driveways
I’ve seen a lot of women commenting on their posts saying “yes I need this parking as I have children with me”
Ok girl, why does that mean you need it more than others 😂 if you’re bringing children to an all day festival I feel like parking is the least of your worries
It just rubbed me the wrong way, I feel like they mention it to make people feel sorry for them/offer it to them over others

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I’m in a fb group for a festival I’m attending later on this year and there’s a lack of parking so locals are offering their driveways
I’ve seen a lot of women commenting on their posts saying “yes I need this parking as I have children with me”
Ok girl, why does that mean you need it more than others 😂 if you’re bringing children to an all day festival I feel like parking is the least of your worries
It just rubbed me the wrong way, I feel like they mention it to make people feel sorry for them/offer it to them over others
Yesterday someone posted on my local Facebook group ‘does anyone know what times Asda is open today? I’m a mum of 3’. She didn’t respond when people asked her why she’d told us how many kids she has and I still don’t get it.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Yesterday someone posted on my local Facebook group ‘does anyone know what times Asda is open today? I’m a mum of 3’. She didn’t respond when people asked her why she’d told us how many kids she has and I still don’t get it.
I might start signing off my posts as "DINK"

Thanks,

DINK.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Maybe "mum of 3" means she thinks she's far more likely that people will take pity and give her an answer as no one would want to be responsible for children starving to death because she doesn't know when asda opens🤣 Though surely it takes less time to Google the answer than to ask FB and wait ages for someone to reply? I

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Maybe "mum of 3" means she thinks she's far more likely that people will take pity and give her an answer as no one would want to be responsible for children starving to death because she doesn't know when asda opens🤣 Though surely it takes less time to Google the answer than to ask FB and wait ages for someone to reply? I
I don’t know how people coped before Facebook because no one seems to know when Asda opens, the number for Argos, if they should go to a&e, what shoes go with this dress, how long to cook a chicken, the best place to get coffee in town, what day the bins go out…. And they seem to have no way to find out except for Facebook 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 22
People with kids ALWAYS mention they have kids even when it’s not relevant. Like it does mean they can have special treatment. Good examples are when there’s a competition for something online and all you need to do is comment to enter, they will always put ‘my kids would love this’ like that means they should win more than anyone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I don’t know how people coped before Facebook because no one seems to know when Asda opens, the number for Argos, if they should go to a&e, what shoes go with this dress, how long to cook a chicken, the best place to get coffee in town, what day the bins go out…. And they seem to have no way to find out except for Facebook 🤪
So true. The helplessness is off the charts.

Reactions: 9
I’ve just seen the most ridiculous TikTok. This lady and her partner take their toddler on a 12 hour flight. She moans the entire video and her behaviour is so entitled.

First off, she moans because security make her take the toddler out the pram to go through security. She’s angry because the kid was asleep and she was made to wake him.

Then on the flight, the kid is bored because she didn’t bring toys, so she lets the kid try and open the plane door. She moans when the stewards tell her off. Then she sits on the floor, in the way, so her kid can have her seat. Then the kid keeps running into business class, so the curtains get shut. The child keeps trying to go through and she gets told off.

This lady said she had to bite her tongue and fight saying ‘you try entertaining a toddler for 12 hours’. Er you’re the one who chose to have a child and take them on a long haul flight 🙄

She’s getting roasted in the comments though!

I think I know who you're on about... blonde and quite posh, right? She keeps coming up on my feed, the other week she posted a video (and then deleted it) talking about how she hated listening to her friends talking about their childfree business (dating, work, etc) because she doesnt see it as important or as difficult as her life as a SAHM and its hard to take them seriously. She's got such a stick up her ass.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
It’s all about the tip round my way. Is the tip open today? I have to question if Facebook is broken if I don’t see someone asking that in my feed 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Jesus, how bleeping boring and self obsessed do people become when they have kids? Just had a text from a friend who I haven’t spoken to in ages. No how are you, what’s going on with you? The entire text was about her little darling who I have met once. It was a random completely out of the blue text. I was a bit miffed but replied politely saying “that’s nice. What are you up to this week?” Thinking oh maybe she wants to meet up for a drink and to catch up (completely forgetting it’s half term)

Dear God.

“It’s half term so I’m so busy with (her kid) we’re doing this on Thursday, Friday we are going to the farm, the weekend we’re going to blah blah blah”

Full run down of her weeks activities that I could not give two shits about.

Then I randomly get another standalone text later that afternoon.

“Currently waiting at the park and Ride with (kids name)”

Like…..🤨 Are you bleeping well?!

Why do I give a duck about that? Honestly, am baffled. How am I meant to respond to that? WHY would I possibly care about that? Why did she think that was interesting to tell me? Am I expected to reply to that?!

Honestly, it’s like you exchange your brain for your kid at birth. It’s embarrassing how socially inept and narcissistic people become when they have kids. Not everyone cares about the inane details of motherhood!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I remember meeting up with an acquaintance after a few years and she showed me a pic of her kids. The only thing was the kids were completely naked in that photo. I mean, why do people think anyone wants to see that and what do you even say to it? Beautiful, cute, lovely? Just show me a normal pic if you must

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I’ve just seen a comment on FB about a local primary school and some woman has said she’s got 7 kids and she’s had a kid in that school for the last 27 years, I had to read it about 5 times to make it make sense. So that’s like 1 kid every 4 years or something isn’t it? I bet she’s never worked a day in her life.
I honestly would rather do hard labour in a Russian gulag.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
I’ve just seen a comment on FB about a local primary school and some woman has said she’s got 7 kids and she’s had a kid in that school for the last 27 years, I had to read it about 5 times to make it make sense. So that’s like 1 kid every 4 years or something isn’t it? I bet she’s never worked a day in her life.
I honestly would rather do hard labour in a Russian gulag.
Sounds like my idea of hell.

Jesus, how bleeping boring and self obsessed do people become when they have kids? Just had a text from a friend who I haven’t spoken to in ages. No how are you, what’s going on with you? The entire text was about her little darling who I have met once. It was a random completely out of the blue text. I was a bit miffed but replied politely saying “that’s nice. What are you up to this week?” Thinking oh maybe she wants to meet up for a drink and to catch up (completely forgetting it’s half term)

Dear God.

“It’s half term so I’m so busy with (her kid) we’re doing this on Thursday, Friday we are going to the farm, the weekend we’re going to blah blah blah”

Full run down of her weeks activities that I could not give two shits about.

Then I randomly get another standalone text later that afternoon.

“Currently waiting at the park and Ride with (kids name)”

Like…..🤨 Are you bleeping well?!

Why do I give a duck about that? Honestly, am baffled. How am I meant to respond to that? WHY would I possibly care about that? Why did she think that was interesting to tell me? Am I expected to reply to that?!

Honestly, it’s like you exchange your brain for your kid at birth. It’s embarrassing how socially inept and narcissistic people become when they have kids. Not everyone cares about the inane details of motherhood!
Delete and block! 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’d probably just respond with ‘I’m fine, thanks for asking’ and see if they work out the deep sarcasm 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.