Childfree by Choice #12 I care about my life, not my death.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Two Facebook rants I've seen in groups recently:

One was having a pop at a shop where she always gets watched by security. Says she goes in with her 5 kids and a buggy and once 'forgot to pay for some laundry liquid which I'd put under the buggy because my child was having a meltdown'.
Well it's completely understandable that she's watched if (a) she previously didn't pay for goods and (b) goes in with a gaggle of kids and the buggy, which is a tactic used by shoplifters.

Another was moaning about the mental load of being a woman. It was a long list of stuff she had to do this week. Included getting the car fixed, new shoes for the kids, calling a plumber, prepping kids PE kit etc. Most of the stuff was kid related and normal stuff that every parent has to do - isn't that what she signed up for? What did she think the 'mental load' would be like?

Reactions: 19
I popped into Tesco last night, where there were four children with their mum. Two were on bikes, the other two on scooters, whizzing around the aisles, getting in peoples way. It's completely unacceptable, it's not a playground.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
I popped into Tesco last night, where there were four children with their mum. Two were on bikes, the other two on scooters, whizzing around the aisles, getting in peoples way. It's completely unacceptable, it's not a playground.
That's absolutely ridiculous. Some people think their little darlings must be able to do as they please, regardless of where they are. Pity that she wasn't told to get the fcuk out.

Reactions: 8
Children’s behaviour would vastly improve if it was like the 90s etc where if you were a little tit you were told off by your teacher, stranger, relative etc.

I get the feeling parents don’t discipline because they don’t want the backlash from the kids.

There’s a house up from me and the kids scream all day every day. My neighbour paid to get their garden landscaped and they can’t use it due to those kids.
---
Sorry for the double post but I’ve now heard it all.

An acquaintance called an ambulance for their two year old because they fell and knocked their baby tooth out. No head injury or anything like that. Knocked a tooth out and called an ambulance.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Gosh some parents are a nightmare! I was just getting on a bus and the kid behind me smeared an ice cream by accident on my linen trousers. I said “ohhhh” involuntarily but didn’t speak to or engage with the kid or its mother- it was an accident after all. The mum starts going “It’s okay sweetie you’ve done NOTHING WRONG, nothing wrong at all, the lady’s just angry” and going on and on n?!
---
Like I wasn’t mad at all with the kid or mum but just say sorry?!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
Gosh some parents are a nightmare! I was just getting on a bus and the kid behind me smeared an ice cream by accident on my linen trousers. I said “ohhhh” involuntarily but didn’t speak to or engage with the kid or its mother- it was an accident after all. The mum starts going “It’s okay sweetie you’ve done NOTHING WRONG, nothing wrong at all, the lady’s just angry” and going on and on n?!
---
duck that, I would have gone, I’m not angry at your kid at all but I’m angry at your tit parenting! Shown her up by saying that THE POLITE THING to do is to show your kid how to apologise for an accident and not ascribe feelings to people you don’t bloody know! bleeping gentle parenting gets on my tits. People are raising little shits who aren’t learning accountability or how to apologise. As you say, accidents happen. It’s ok to make a mistake as a child but they also need to learn how to apologise. That’s part of childhood and a vital social skill.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
duck that, I would have gone, I’m not angry at your kid at all but I’m angry at your tit parenting! Shown her up by saying that THE POLITE THING to do is to show your kid how to apologise for an accident and not ascribe feelings to people you don’t bloody know! bleeping gentle parenting gets on my tits. People are raising little shits who aren’t learning accountability or how to apologise. As you say, accidents happen. It’s ok to make a mistake as a child but they also need to learn how to apologise. That’s part of childhood and a vital social skill.
Exactly. Just say sorry. That’s all it takes.

Reactions: 14
Those kids will reach adulthood eventually and if they behave the way their parents raised them to behave, they'll get their teeth knocked out by people who were raised without enable-parenting. Then there will a need for an ambulance.

Reactions: 20
I've just started a new job and went into the office this morning. There were two people there and one was talking about how her kids have been waking so early since it's been light in the mornings and she just doesn't know what to do and they are just so tired etc etc. She told the same boring story three times, word for word, to the next three people who arrived. They are all mums too and it ended in a half hour conversation about kids sleeping habits, routines and adjustable black out blinds. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I'm really trying to make a good impression with new colleagues but honestly it was dull AF and I couldn't even summon the energy to look interested let alone add anything. 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
I've just started a new job and went into the office this morning. There were two people there and one was talking about how her kids have been waking so early since it's been light in the mornings and she just doesn't know what to do and they are just so tired etc etc. She told the same boring story three times, word for word, to the next three people who arrived. They are all mums too and it ended in a half hour conversation about kids sleeping habits, routines and adjustable black out blinds. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I'm really trying to make a good impression with new colleagues but honestly it was dull AF and I couldn't even summon the energy to look interested let alone add anything. 😂
My advise- stay well out of it. If you feign interest then tend to tell you more little tidbits about child rearing that will bore you to tears as they all compete to be the best mummy martyr. “I only had 4 hours sleep last night as little Alfie just wouldn’t stop screaming and sleep!” “4 hours?! You lucky thing. I only did 3 as Annabelle is teething” and it goes on and on and on!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
---
That drives me mad, that kind of tit. I would have been raging, how dare she! witch!

Some tearaway kid comes flying along on a scooter or bike, for example, and mummy dearest says oh careful darling, what they mean is oh the nasty lady wouldn't jump out of your way. Tut tut.

No, fcuk off and teach your child that there are other people in the world, and it doesn't revolve around them.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
My advise- stay well out of it. If you feign interest then tend to tell you more little tidbits about child rearing that will bore you to tears as they all compete to be the best mummy martyr. “I only had 4 hours sleep last night as little Alfie just wouldn’t stop screaming and sleep!” “4 hours?! You lucky thing. I only did 3 as Annabelle is teething” and it goes on and on and on!
This exact situation happened to me in the work kitchen one day, it was a like a battle of “who has it worse”. The way they were speaking about parenthood made it sound so awful and my face must have said it all as one of them quickly said “oh don’t worry it’s not all bad!! It’s extremely rewarding too!” I was like yeah… so is getting a full nights sleep without a screaming child, I know which I’d prefer

I'm in an all inclusive hotel at the moment and there are designated adult areas such as bars, a pool, seating at restaurants etc. I keep noticing people trying to bring kids into these areas, not sure whether it's an innocent mistake or just entitlement.. luckily the staff are pretty good at stopping them but it's annoying that they're doing it at all 🙄. Also funny how some people think babies don't count 😂. Definitely going for adult only next time!

• Angry
Reactions: 21
Exactly THIS! This is exactly the trouble, kids going out into the world thinking it revolves around them and then it's a big fall from grace as soon as they realise it doesn't. The first bit of conflict or criticism and they crumble because they have been protected from everything and have no resilience or coping skills. Parents think they are doing the best protecting their kids from everything but they're just f'king them up for later. THIS is why we have so many depressed young adults who think there must be something more out there, that their jobs and lives are too much.

Reactions: 14
To be fair to those depressed young adults, capitalism has fucked them (and us) over and even dedicating your life to your job or your passion won't get you much more than just getting by, unless you are wealthy, well connected or very lucky to begin with. I can't think of a single system around the world that isn't crumbling as we speak, if it's not in shambles already, which is another reason why I am in awe of people who have kids without some sort of safety net, believing that "life finds a way".

Reactions: 15
Please tell me why the woman parked in front of me is changing her kids nappy in front of me in the boot of her car in a city centre retail park. So I can see absolutely everything. No attempt to cover the child.

Are people that thick?

• Sick
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Please tell me why the woman parked in front of me is changing her kids nappy in front of me in the boot of her car in a city centre retail park. So I can see absolutely everything. No attempt to cover the child.

Are people that thick?
Unfortunately yes 😕

Reactions: 2

Are people that thick?
When I was away the other week this kid who must have been 6 or 7 (parents obvs taken him out in term time) got out of the pool then went to take his swimmers off. His mum was like "no Freddie" in the most feeble voice. He said we always get changed after swimming and I don't like being wet (the kid does kinda have a point but also you're outside not in a changing room kiddo) so instead of explaining or going back to the room for a dry pair, she just nods and let him sit about with his bits out!!!!!! I was horrified. A baby is bad enough but this kid was definitely far too old to be having his bits out in public.

Later in the day she out some towel poncho thing on him, but it was front and back no sides, so every time he moved everything was on display!!!

Bloody peados paradise.

• Wow
  • Sick
When I was away the other week this kid who must have been 6 or 7 (parents obvs taken him out in term time) got out of the pool then went to take his swimmers off. His mum was like "no Freddie" in the most feeble voice. He said we always get changed after swimming and I don't like being wet (the kid does kinda have a point but also you're outside not in a changing room kiddo) so instead of explaining or going back to the room for a dry pair, she just nods and let him sit about with his bits out!!!!!! I was horrified. A baby is bad enough but this kid was definitely far too old to be having his bits out in public.

Later in the day she out some towel poncho thing on him, but it was front and back no sides, so every time he moved everything was on display!!!

Bloody peados paradise.
Yet if you had said it was inappropriate you would be classed as the weird one!

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.