Childfree by Choice #12 I care about my life, not my death.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was just chatting to a colleague over lunch about some trips my OH and I have planned over the next few months. We’re planning on long weekends in Barcelona, Dublin and Vienna by the end of the year and maybe a week somewhere hot in the autumn.

Another colleague came in while we were talking and she said “you wouldn’t be able to do all that if you had children, my boyfriend and I haven’t had a city break for nearly two years”

Ok…… not selling that to me ☠

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Was just chatting to a colleague over lunch about some trips my OH and I have planned over the next few months. We’re planning on long weekends in Barcelona, Dublin and Vienna by the end of the year and maybe a week somewhere hot in the autumn.

Another colleague came in while we were talking and she said “you wouldn’t be able to do all that if you had children, my boyfriend and I haven’t had a city break for nearly two years”

I would be tempted to have said ‘and?’

Reactions: 17

I had the same comment. Replied 'Yes and that's one of many reasons we don't have them'.

Reactions: 23

"Lucky I don't have any children then 🥰"

Reactions: 18
I just don’t understand what you’re expected to say? 😂 Am I supposed to spend my spare time thinking about what I would do if I had children?
Literally?? You wouldn't be able to do that as easily if both your arms and legs fell off, but....they're fully attached (I assume!). Just a pointless thing to say!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
This is the response to someone complaining she can’t work from home at certain times of the day due to small children congregating outside her house and screaming… WTAF.

IMG_8689.png

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 18

Similar happened to me the other day. I was saying that I'd had a lovely 9 hour sleep and a woman not even involved in the conversation butted in with her tinkly laugh and 'Ooh you won't be able to do that when you have children'.. one of many reasons I will not be making that choice.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Similar happened to me the other day. I was saying that I'd had a lovely 9 hour sleep and a woman not even involved in the conversation butted in with her tinkly laugh and 'Ooh you won't be able to do that when you have children'.. one of many reasons I will not be making that choice.
it’s just so bad that the assumption is everyone wants to ruin their lives with children lol

• Haha
Reactions: 26
it’s just so bad that the assumption is everyone wants to ruin their lives with children lol
I've been told multiple times at work that I have to have a child haha. Like people well talk about children and ask me and I'd say something non committal like not sure yet if I'll have them and they say "no, you have to, at least one"! First of all I think it's generally an inappropriate conversation for work, insensitive and also please stay out of my business. But it's also funny because I am actually undecided so might end up having a child, but them saying it makes me not want to have one more 😂 like, well now you told me I have to I'm defo not doing it 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Omg I hate this!! I'll actually be able to have as many lie-in's as I like because I will NEVER subject myself to the sleep deprivation children cause.

Long term sleep deprivation is no joke;
Exactly how bad is long-term sleep deprivation for the health of new parents? | The Independent

Reactions: 14
  • Heart
If I get less than 7h of sleep a few days in a row, my brain is nothing but fog. People keep saying you get used to it but why would I want to get used to it, when I have the option to sleep well and uninterrupted for years to come? Different people have different priorities, if someone wants to wake up 6 times at night to try and get a toddler back to sleep that's fine but don't ask me to be sorry on your behalf. Not having kids in a developed country is hardly an obstacle.

Reactions: 21
I like going to the salon usually but today a customer has brang her two really small girls with her to wait while she has her hair done. Could she have not arranged for another appointment or found sitters? The loud film on the iPad that they are watching is not even turned down for the other people here. They've just turned it right up. The mum's quite happy on her iPhone with her roots in tin foils, so it'll be a while then. Completely oblivious. 😑

• Wow
  • Sad
I like going to the salon usually but today a customer has brang her two really small girls with her to wait while she has her hair done. Could she have not arranged for another appointment or found sitters? The loud film on the iPad that they are watching is not even turned down for the other people here. They've just turned it right up. The mum's quite happy on her iPhone with her roots in tin foils, so it'll be a while then. Completely oblivious. 😑
That’s on the salon too. Where I go specifies no children unless they’re getting a hair cut as it’s not fair for other clients. Plus, all the expensive tools and dangerous chemicals that are in a salon…

Reactions: 17
The staff should be telling them to turn down/off their iPads, it obviously disrupts other customers experiences?? At very least the Mum could say headphones only.

I’ve been in multiple meetings today where parents have complained about how the Easter weekend “isn’t time off” and it’s even worse than working and they’d rather just be at work.

All I could think is, what a sad little life 😅 I personally can’t wait for the long weekend 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22