Childfree by Choice #12 I care about my life, not my death.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am sick of seeing people whining about the cost of child care and looking their free hours etc you knew the cost of things like this before you had a child so quit whining about it
I don’t care about them complaining, we all complain about stuff, but what I do (silently) judge is people asking where in their area is the cheapest for childcare. They don’t care about experience or qualifications just the cheapest. When they’re told people say oh don’t go there for XYZ reasons and they say oh it’s only for a year it’ll be fine. I see it repeatedly on my local facebook pages.

Reactions: 11
Supermarkets. Kid sat in the main compartment of the trolley, rather than the child seat. Nice bit of cross contamination there. Acting up, mother trying to reason to him so loudly I could hear from bottom of the aisle. No actual discipline or telling off.

Is it the parents or the kids I can’t stand?! 😂

Reactions: 16
I went out with old work friends yesterday and one (who told me ‘don’t have kids’ - duly noted except I can’t have them and don’t want them anyway) told me her son has been assessed for ADHD and ASD and told he doesn’t have them… so she’s decided to push and push til he gets his diagnosis. How about he’s just a little tit?!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I went out with old work friends yesterday and one (who told me ‘don’t have kids’ - duly noted except I can’t have them and don’t want them anyway) told me her son has been assessed for ADHD and ASD and told he doesn’t have them… so she’s decided to push and push til he gets his diagnosis. How about he’s just a little tit?!
A diagnosis equals financial support and justification in her eyes for him being a little tit.

Reactions: 20
And… you just almost word for word quoted the message I sent our mutual friend afterwards!
Haha! I wasn’t sure if I was perhaps being a bit presumptuous.
I just don’t understand why you’d want to label your child when experts are saying there’s nothing wrong. I see it as being detrimental to the child’s well-being.

Reactions: 11
People I know who have kids and still continue to have kids tell me not to have them. I don't get it. I also get told by the same people how they give your life meaning and they wouldn't change a thing. Make your mind up! It can't be both. Also I don't see people any happier after having had children, they look drained, stressed and they've aged quicker. My cousin tells me and others she regrets having a second child even though she tried for a second one. Also confusing. 😑

• Heart
Reactions: 12
At least if I never have kids I won't have to buy any of them a stupid little plastic scooter which all of them seem to have nowadays

• Haha
Reactions: 15
People I know who have kids and still continue to have kids tell me not to have them. I don't get it. I also get told by the same people how they give your life meaning and they wouldn't change a thing. Make your mind up! It can't be both. Also I don't see people any happier after having had children, they look drained, stressed and they've aged quicker. My cousin tells me and others she regrets having a second child even though she tried for a second one. Also confusing. 😑
To be fair I can understand regretting having had a second kid despite trying for them - I don't think people realise a) how much hard work the first child will be, and then b) that it still gets WAY harder with each child you have. I think some people think "well I've done it once, and little Timmy is x age now so he'll be thrilled to have a sibling" and then obviously it ends up being so much work and probably really affects your relationship with your partner too cos you have even less time.

Reactions: 5
I think some people think the baby stage is the hardest and then realise it was easy compared to a toddler so have another.

Without realising that each stage has its challenges. The people who keep telling me and my husband not to have kids have children aged 7 and up.

I think a lot of people assume once they start school things are easier and cheaper as no longer paying for nursery. But then, unless someone is only working school hours or is a stay at home parent, you have to pay for wrap around care, school trips/special days that require a contribution, endless birthday parties and can only holiday outside of term time. As they get older they want/need more stuff on top of all of that. And then you have to help fund them through uni.

I think the baby stage sound like bliss in comparison to all that crap 🤣🤣

Reactions: 15
I can't really word this in a polite or kind way so I'm just going to say it: The news about Kate Middleton is horrible but I bloody wish people would stop with the "and she's a young mother!" Yes, it's awful for her children but for the one millionth time, child-free lives are not disposable or less-than! I also rarely hear that reaction when it's a man/father who has been diagnosed with an illness.

Even in sickness and health we're conditioned to believe that mother's lives are more important than child-free ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Out with friends yesterday and I got an orange juice down the pub. Someone immediately asked, 'oooo, are you not drinking for a reason?'. As in, are you pregnant.

Well yes, the reason being I've just got off the tube where it was bloody boiling and now I'm gasping for a soft drink. 🥵

Reactions: 18
Out with friends yesterday and I got an orange juice down the pub. Someone immediately asked, 'oooo, are you not drinking for a reason?'. As in, are you pregnant.

Well yes, the reason being I've just got off the tube where it was bloody boiling and now I'm gasping for a soft drink. 🥵
So I have no shame, I’d answer outright ‘because I’m an alcoholic’ and embarrass them… I’ve got to that point in life that if people feel like they need to question my life choices then I will embarrass them because it is none of their business! It took me a long time to get to this level of IDGAF though!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Apparently 1 in 4 children starting school are not potty trained. This makes me so sad.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
I always check when school holidays are coming up so I can make sure I don’t take time off during them 👌

Check for your area cos some is this week and next. Others are next week and the one after!

Reactions: 8
This thread is an interesting read for me, I am so tired of people asking me about children.

I am really not wanting to have any kids but my partner does the typical man thing where they say they want 3 kids but don't actually have any experience around children to form an opinion on having them other than the occasional holding of a niece or nephew, maybe some kids running round at a bbq. Not even babysitting or changing a nappy.

I just don't think that life is for me; I visited a friend recently to spend the day/evening together and stay overnight and I live a couple hours away, well I (stupidly) just assumed she’d get childcare/it would be the dads weekend to have the child but it turns out we only had the nursery daytime hours to spend together! After a bit of shopping and a lunch at nandos we had to pick up the child at 5ish and go back to hers!!? And my god, it was the most boring night ever. Like, why would you not arrange a weekend when the dad has the child? Did she seriously think I wanted to sit in her house doing nothing for the entire evening after driving 2 hours to visit. Absolute waste of time.

I think a lot of mums end up only friends with other mums since their entire social lives can then coincide with the children's soft play days out. They don't actually spend time with other women without their kids also being there. Then they cry saying 'oh friends change once you're a mummy, people don't bother!' I wonder why?????.....

• Heart
Reactions: 37