Childfree by Choice #12 I care about my life, not my death.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s similar with Disney. I’m not really a Disney person myself but I did have to laugh at a parent at work recently moaning that there were too many adults without kids at Disneyland and that this somehow ruined it for her not quite two year old 😂 errr alright. But imagine Disney said no entry without kids: the income loss would be massive, it would be a mental move to make. Many adults make Disney their personality, Lego is fairly similar
I'd love to know HOW exactly those childfree adults "ruined it" for her kid lol??? If anything, kids ruin experiences for other people, not adults minding their own business!

Reactions: 13
I'd love to know HOW exactly those childfree adults "ruined it" for her kid lol??? If anything, kids ruin experiences for other people, not adults minding their own business!
They probably hoped for special treatment and were miffed when they had to queue like everyone else and some childfree couple got there first because they didn't need to navigate two strollers and three temper tantrums before lunch 😂
---
I don't know if anyone will remember me talking about being refused a raise and suspecting the reason as me not having children, but after the first refusal, my boss and I made another request along with the cost of living charts etc. and I don't want to jinx it but it looks like I'll be getting my raise ✨🎉

I'm dealing with a lot of health anxiety atm so good news on the money front was well appreciated 🙏

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I'm on holiday currently. Paid extra for adults only area obvs.

But there are obviously children at the resort. And my God does it reiterate how much I hate parents.

Signs everywhere "keep off the grass", we're in the bloody desert. To keep the grass lush is a miracle. But nooooo kids on every patch of grass.

Kids chasing after birds. duck off and leave the poor sods alone.

Then there is the screaming/crying which miraculously stops the second mum gives them whatever they previously denied them.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Had a work lunch earlier today with two female colleagues who spent the whole time waffling about their kids, how hectic their lives are, even going into so much detail about their births and c-sections (over lunch!) and the old classic "you'd understand if you were a Mum" and they didn't ask me one question about myself or my life, while I've sat for an hour smiling and engaging with every boring detail. I don't know whether to cry or scream!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
So it’s fine to have adult only places? But not child only places? Seems a bit double standards? 🤔
It’s not child only as adults are there. It’s the fact that adults on their own aren’t allowed to visit because they could be pedos.
Silly me, I didn’t realise only child free people could be pedos. No parent has ever molested a child or such like.

Reactions: 24
So it’s fine to have adult only places? But not child only places? Seems a bit double standards? 🤔
This is pathetic to be honest. Can you really not understand why people don't want babies and children in places such as fancy restaurants and breweries (which presumably a child wouldn't enjoy anyway...), and conversely why some adults would quite like to go to a petting farm? Or are you just picking an argument because you regret your own choice?

Reactions: 33
Even the parents that I know object to young children in fancy restaurants. One of my friends was not happy that she'd paid a babysitter so that she could have a romantic dinner out with her husband to celebrate their anniversary - without their toddler - only to have the evening ruined by a screaming child at the table next to them.

Reactions: 17
Even the parents that I know object to young children in fancy restaurants. One of my friends was not happy that she'd paid a babysitter so that she could have a romantic dinner out with her husband to celebrate their anniversary - without their toddler - only to have the evening ruined by a screaming child at the table next to them.
On Mumsnet there’s about so many threads every week about other peoples children being loud/shouldn’t be there/being badly behaved/kids should be banned/friend won’t leave kids with their dad/kids shouldn’t be in pubs etc.

Personally I don’t care, take kids wherever you want if you’re going to parent them properly, same with dogs, same with adults, if they don’t ruin it then you’re welcome, if you ruin it then you’re not welcome. Half the time I’d actually rather the kids were allowed and the parents were banned 😂

Reactions: 5
Yes, yes it is. As mentioned previously I would pay extra pretty much everywhere I go to avoid having to deal with children. The best example being hotels/holidays... I'm just waiting for the opportunity to book adults-only flights after my supposed to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience was ruined by two feral brats.

Imaging being on Tattle, seeing a board called 'Childfree by Choice' and taking the time to comment when you have kids already. Haven't you got some snotty noses you should be wiping instead or are your kids just shoved in front of a noisy iPad this afternoon?

• Heart
Reactions: 31
There are child-only places. Nurseries, playparks, soft play areas...there's a reason I don't go there, just like how kids shouldn't be in cocktail bars.

Reactions: 17
Ok I'm probably going to get judged for this but I don't care. As I've said before, one of the reasons I've chosen not to have kids is because of the potential impact on my mental health. I've suffered from anxiety and depression for pretty much all of my life, have ASD and also physical health problems (endometriosis). I would fit the definition of disabled officially but I work and I don't claim PIP, etc.

I've just been arguing with seen a woman online who is claiming benefits because she is too ill to work due to anxiety/depression, yet she's just had a child - I thought that was the hardest job in the world?! Not saying at all that disabled people shouldn't be allowed to have kids, but how is it fair to bring a child into an environment where the parent has such severe mental illness that they can't (in her own words) 'function in a normal society'. Having grown up with a father who was a depressed, suicidal alcoholic, I can honestly say that a lot of my own problems are a product of the trauma this involved...

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Especially when I've had one too many cocktails and are telling my friends about how I got jizz in eye, don't want little Nancy at the next table overhearing do we.

• Haha
Reactions: 19