Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GhostHoward

VIP Member
I've finally watched a "renovation" video (the most recent one).

Here's where I think she's gone wrong with the kitchen:
  • The shape of the room is too "busy". Usually you'd have a square/rectangle, L shape, T shape. Every wall of her kitchen is different and it makes it look untidy and cluttered, just by where the walls are.
  • The downstairs loo should have gone in the utility room, and be reached from there or the hall. I know it's not a legality anymore, to have two doors between a kitchen and a loo, but who wants a toilet off their kitchen (It also messes up the walls, as said in the first point.) Just imagine Christmas dinner just being ready and just before it's being served someone goes for a poo and doesn't shut the door behind them properly.....:sick:
  • The boiler should have been moved. She has very little kitchen space. With all the work she's having done in there, and the fact that she's having an induction hob and not a gas one, there's no reason not to move it into the utility room. Leaving it in the kitchen looks cheap. The boarding looks terrible.
  • The kitchen area is too small. It feels really cramped. There's not actually much worktop space, as I'm pretty sure her hob is 1m wide. With the size of the island she shouldn't have gone wider than 80cm, or should have offset it. Why put the kitchen in the smallest, darkest space?
  • Why do all these instahuns refuse to have an extractor fan, especially with all the meat and oil she uses. It'll become a greasy mess in there. Wall extractors, like Katie Ellison has, does nothing for grease, like a hob extractor, and should be used in conjunction with one, not on it's own. Add to that there are no opening windows and, well, I'm glad it's not my kitchen.
  • The island isn't central and makes the kitchen look "off" when looking at it. There's no symmetry at all in that room (which makes it hard to be an instagram worthy room.)
  • There's no space for the family table. It'll end up too close to the island and it'll just be annoying and result in a load of bruised hips. It'll be impossible when having people over, to walk around the table, and will feel really cramped.
  • The utility room is a fantastic space, BUT, where's the natural light? Surely that could have been put in the plan.
  • The lantern window is going to turn that room into a furnace in the summer. As far as I can see it doesn't have any opening parts, which means it'll trap hot air. The only opening in that room is the bifold doors.
  • If she'd asked ANYONE they'd tell her how impractical corner cupboards are. Plus, the wall one being there alone, by itself looks really weird.
  • It might be the terrible filter she's using, but I think the kitchen looks really cheap. Not handpainted and custom, like she claims. The back board on the inside is a completely different colour to the sides and shelves. If I'd spent £20k on a kitchen then it'd be details like that that would really piss me off.
And lastly...not really about the kitchen but 🤷‍♀️
  • Those stools are incredibly impractical for Stan (and, I dare say, Daisy). I saw him sitting on a cushion eating supper, and it looked so dangerous. She admitted that her and Sharky had been pottering about nowhere near the kids. It's an accident waiting to happen when the cushion slips and he falls backwards and hits his head on the floor. Style over safety.

Reactions: 18

LadyLucyLocks

She said on her stories earlier that her and Daisy both have narrow feet, Daisy I can quite wel believe but I've seen Charlotte's bulging out of converse before. I feel like shes desperate to be small in any aspect of her body, it's strange.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Booklover

VIP Member
The thing is how can you NOT know. It's been known for such a long time how unenviromentally friendly they are. She's all rainbows and lollipops and cutesy and nostalgic but fucking clueless about things she should know about. I bet Bill has probably learnt about it in school!

Queens12

Crikey she’s got a nerve banging on about how much she’s working this week. Just means we’ve got a hella lot of ads coming our way! But seriously, all these insta mums need to pause and have a think about the real life mums (or just anyone) or are going out and working away from their homes/children, for shifts/days at a time, not just when it fits. These people really don’t know how bloody lucky they are

Olli1510

VIP Member
Why is she talking about Clark’s foot measuring when she had that woman come and measure their feet a few weeks ago and encourage people to pay a ridiculous amount for the service + overpriced shoes?

• Wow

EmCheese

VIP Member
Yes this is what I mean 😂🙈 I did say it was nit-picky 🙄

I did say it was nit-picky of me...just something that annoys me. I'll go back to lurking I think 😂
Nahhh, don’t go! It annoys me when people tell others off for nit-picking. This entire website is a nit-pick. 😀

Queenie

VIP Member
Why does she keep saying “if that makes sense.” Ffs, she explains every little detail to the nth degree, so of course it makes bloody sense!
And STOP with the inane Joker grin in your thumbnails! You look deranged & unhinged! 😡

• Haha

Lou23

Gosh she’s gonna regret the danger nap
He’ll be up late but She’ll just end up making it into a soppy story about how the older two are in bed and how it’s so lovely to have some time with Stan because he’s their last and it’s lovely to sit in their new extension with the man she loves whilst drinking a glass of wine. Then no doubt we’ll get some weird insta story featuring the cat and her
eyeballing herself whilst posing with said cat 🤦‍♀️
Edit I hadn’t realised she’d actually uploaded a clip with the cat in it 🤣🤣 she’s so bloody predictable

• Haha

Heather

What a nasty piece of work Charlotte is. Nothing is sacred, including the time Bill had threadworms and Stan had done a ‘poo-nami’ in his nappy. She would never broadcast hers or Mark’s most private or embarrassing moments, yet she regularly humiliates her children. Their privacy is not remotely valued. If she had one ounce of talent or was remotely interesting she wouldn’t need to use her children to make content and money. Charlotte, you’re a disgusting and shameless sell out 😡

• Angry

Keepitw0nky

Chatty Member
She has said that for reasons for their family, they are getting a puppy this time. I think she got rid of her resue because it nipped Bill when he was a baby.
You just know there’s a long waffle-y YT video coming imminently about how adopting is amazing, she’s adopted before, they had a bad experience when Bill was little, just doing the right thing for her family, adopting is great, but they’re choosing to get a puppy from a breeder, but you do the right thing for your family.. gush gush..giddy excitement. She’s wanted this for so long. And now’s the right time. Squeal.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

LadyLucyLocks

She 100% knew, unless shes lived under a rock for the last 10 years. She just didn't expect to be called out on it. Also, the comment of 'I admit when I'm wrong', isn't needed, she's expecting people to admire her for that.

• Heart

Bevinder

‘Everything in our new kitchen is so fancy, Even Marks got off his lazy arse and started cooking... if that makes sense? It’s just tradition in our family that the man of the house breaks in the new appliances ‘🙄
FFS Charlotte!

• Haha
  • Wow

Queenie

VIP Member
I do feel a bit sorry for her, she has been planning this reno for ages. Regardless of whether we agree to her job or not her & mark have saved for a long time they have been messed about by builders for the last 8(?) Months. Finally it's nearly done to find that the extention doesn't bring them the space they wanted or need.
Give it a few years and the will be either extending again over the top of the lanter roof so their master bedroom is big enough for something other than elves or moving
That kitchen is a waste of space, the master bedroom could of been amazing if they'd built over the top of the lantern light. Shame
Saved for a long time?? No, she sold her kids’ privacy to pay for it! Her kids have funded this extension & she should be ashamed of that. 😡

snickerdoodle

VIP Member
I don’t understand why she kept that shit lounge
I hate everything about it! The shape, how narrow it seems to be, the weird nook with that awful chalkboard wall, the sofa the crap on the walls... her taste is nothing like mine so I get all agitated just seeing it. She seems to love clutter and doesn’t have a clue about placement, and stuff is just plonked everywhere. Even the computer desk in there... I know there’s nowhere else, but seeing as YouTube is her “job”, you’d think they’d at least have included a small office space in the extension.

Lou23

Haha so she’s received some backlash. “I’ll admit when I’m wrong.....but not when it comes to sharing my children because fuck their rights and their privacy this mama needs an new extension and has a wedding to pay for”

• Heart

LadyLucyLocks

I'm sorry, is it a normal thing to get your phone out on the beach and smile wistfully into the camera at yourself? Please nobody ever say that this girl is insecure again.

• Haha
  • Heart

FakeNews

If I hear one more time how she had to 'work late' last night... Er, no, you didn't. You work unconventional hours pimping out your children and you can tell how unusual it is that you have to put in some serious graft by the very fact you've mentioned it EVERY DAY since Sunday.

And 'little lady'? Even Daisy can hear how cringy that is...

• Heart