Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

fireflies

VIP Member
I hate everything about it! The shape, how narrow it seems to be, the weird nook with that awful chalkboard wall, the sofa the crap on the walls... her taste is nothing like mine so I get all agitated just seeing it. She seems to love clutter and doesn’t have a clue about placement, and stuff is just plonked everywhere. Even the computer desk in there... I know there’s nowhere else, but seeing as YouTube is her “job”, you’d think they’d at least have included a small office space in the extension.
Lol her lounge is so narrow its like a waiting room.
I dont understand why the fire is blocked up.
Weird like party cardboard lettering.
So much kallax units.
Brown sofas i just think old people.
Really dlsike the horrible computer desk in the middle of the lounge.
She be better off using the soace at back of kitchen that wss the dining bit for a really nice desk and make look more stylish especially if sharky working from home.
Or placing office where weird play area is now.

Looks like new sofa and table arrives this week.
I hope she rethink living room.

Ideally office area has be relocated.
Toys need be hidden not all in kallax.
I think extension benefit corner sofa and coffee table on back wall nearest ultility door.

Then 1 big long dining table parallel to island.
Not sure would maybe buikd in fake chimney breast and have electric fire stove with oak mantle and nice big mirror above.

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
Your plan is way better than what she’s gone for, and sounds much cheaper!

Of course she didn’t have to move, but for the type of house she wants to match that extension I’m hyperbolising that it would have been better to move. I don’t like her house tbh but I’m not a fan of bungalows.

If I was her I would have saved my cash for a deposit and bought a house more suited to my needs, but if I was her I wouldn’t be selling my life/kids/soul online!
her house isn’t a bungalow...

Alecsmith

Surely they should have built the utility room which plug sockets under the counter so they didn’t have a hole in the new counter. That’s what our is like, and then we have a switch on the wall to turn off the power if we need?
Others have said it, but it seems like such a half-arsed job. Spending money on that qooker tap, and they scallop tiles for the kitchen but they cutting corners everywhere else...
The tap was gifted.
As for the utility - the plugs are usually behind the appliance, not above. I don’t understand why this wasn’t done when the utility was built.
And I’ll say it again, the loo could have come of the utility but it would have meant moving drains which would have been expensive.