Carrie Hope Fletcher #83 What’sOnStage? Not Carrie, for much longer!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just saw a guy on Hinge with budgie smugglers on and got the instant ick. Blaming Joel for that one 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The reel and caption read like someone who's REALLY EXCITED to be at a West End theatre and they've never been before. Which is odd given who he is 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
N
I think this is Joel's worst reel yet

Nah the worst reel so far is the one where he's attempting to promote some outside restaurant and it's just beige fried chicken and cheese sticks dripping in grease or whatever with a tit ton of filters and special effects

• Haha
Reactions: 7
N

Nah the worst reel so far is the one where he's attempting to promote some outside restaurant and it's just beige fried chicken and cheese sticks dripping in grease or whatever with a tit ton of filters and special effects
No, his worst reel by far is the one he made after their trip to Croatia with them making out and some disgustingly “sensual” voice over. You know the one.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Anyone know what the show they went to is called? Joel didn’t zoom in on it enough times so I didn’t quite catch it.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I've got a bit to catch up on:

I disagree with the reel - it wasn't as bad as some of his others. My pet peeve is when they have random photos in the middle with Joel writing and gifs over them. This reel was just a bit dull.

His voice demo reel, third slide, was hilarious to me. I understand actors have to play a variety of roles, but imagine having one of your previews being a whole thing about toilet humour. Lucky Carrie!

Re: bringing the baby on tour, I don't think anyone has said it yet but I bloody hope she's not planning on bringing the baby on stage and/or stage door because some of her superfans are bloody scary. She had to report someone to the police for turning up at her house. Not saying she should live in fear but some of her fans are unhinged, I wouldn't feel comfortable bringing a small baby to something so public. Maybe I'm reaching but idk

Reactions: 12
Just to brag on Carrie, my friend got me compay tickets and I was in the perfect centre seat, we’re your ‘friends’ even willing to try and get you company rates?
Also, I really hope they were epically humbled by Old Friends because that is one of the best shows I’ve seen, with some of the greatest voices we have in the West End.

Reactions: 14
I wonder if Hamilton finally had a word with Joel about his social media and that’s why he’s gone quiet…

Reactions: 15
1000024759.png

I don't know if anybody's seen this already but I thought it was the funniest bleeping thing. Retweeting a gigantic paragraph about meanies on the internet with the "feel like pure tit just want her back" guy 💀

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
@Accionoodles wasn't calling Theatreboard a hate forum, they were asking if *Carrie* would consider it a hate forum to suit her agenda
Yes understand.
it’s important to point out that would be a Carrie problem then, as Theatreboard is just a theatre discussion site and if TheFace™️ has made it on there then it’s because she’s being an Idiot in some capacity.
---
JoJo has finally acknowledged that Carrie has a name and it isn't "my wife!!!!!" Well, well
And he didn’t tag her in… he just used her actual NAME. Maybe she insisted so they’re not linked together for all time.

Reactions: 6
View attachment 2587499

I don't know if anybody's seen this already but I thought it was the funniest bleeping thing. Retweeting a gigantic paragraph about meanies on the internet with the "feel like pure tit just want her back" guy 💀
People can have an opinion and compare performers to other performers who have done the same role previously if they want, the can critique and judge their performance if they want, they can say it’s tit if they want. It’s different if people are tagging or sending them messages saying they didn’t like what they did/giving them outright abuse etc but from that post it sounds like they’re only wanting people to blindly praise them and not express their opinions cause they might inadvertently see it and be upset.

Reactions: 38
TheFace™️ and Alice Fearn ‘co incidentally’ sitting next to each other at Old Friends screams company tickets. Interesting that ‘the queen of the west end’ hasn’t been invited to have her photo taken backstage with actual musical theatre royalty Bernadette Peters or a legendary Eponine Lea Salonga. Unlike her not to squeeze every last bit of publicity out of an opportunity like this.
I can’t imagine either Bernadette or Lea really know who she is.
Carrie comes at the bottom rung of Queens of the west end, past or present. She really hasn’t got that body of work behind her to justify this title. Where it came from I have no idea. There’s just no comparison …

Reactions: 21
I could see her bringing her daughter on stage or at least to stage door. The show is about love letters and Carrie does a twist and instead of the Love letters just being about Oliver, they are ones for her daughter, and she brings the child on stage. She won't mention Joel at all, who is the supposed love of her life as Carrie can't love anyone more than herself.

Reactions: 15
I think this is Joel's worst reel yet

It honestly looks like something my mum would film, and she’s rubbish at anything to do with technology 🤭 It’s just so, so BAD! Nothing about that reel would entice me to go and see it, if anything, it would put me off, as he made it look so dull. Not to mention their, “now almost looking like twins” faces, gurning for an uncomfortable amount of time, (8 seconds, probably about the same amount of time it took to make “peanut”) for no actual purpose!
What happens prior? This is what I imagine…
J: I’m making a super cool reel for instagram. In a minute, I’m going to show everyone how good I am at being an influencer.
C: Oh exciting, what are you going to do? You should check out Danny with a Camera for ideas.
J: Oh, my darling wife, mother of my child, wait for it, I’m going to flip the screen, so it shows US. That’s what the people want! On the count of 3, the screen will show Tom Fletchers sister and best bro in lawThe Montagues”, then we should use our skills and improvise…We didn’t go to Drama school for 4 years for nothing!
{Carrie glares}
J: Oh sorry my love, you just ooze talent and were, if anything, too good for any professional training. I mean, who could possibly teach the queen of the west end, anything new?
C: I have so many faces and expressions to use!
J:3,2,1 GO!!!
Smile, gurn, open mouth, wave programme in front of mouth, keep smiling, don’t forget to stare, and…scene!
J: Wow! WE are incredible. I am #SOproud of my wife Carrie Hope Montague
C: People are DEFINITELY going to want to see the show now. [sternly] In future, please call me Carrie Hope Fletcher when we’re out in public.
J: Yes Mrs Hope Fletcher
C: FFS, Joel! Hope is not part of my surname, we’ve talked about this.
IMG_5733.jpeg
IMG_5734.jpeg
IMG_5736.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
TheFace™️ and Alice Fearn ‘co incidentally’ sitting next to each other at Old Friends screams company tickets. Interesting that ‘the queen of the west end’ hasn’t been invited to have her photo taken backstage with actual musical theatre royalty Bernadette Peters or a legendary Eponine Lea Salonga. Unlike her not to squeeze every last bit of publicity out of an opportunity like this.
I can’t imagine either Bernadette or Lea really know who she is.
Carrie comes at the bottom rung of Queens of the west end, past or present. She really hasn’t got that body of work behind her to justify this title. Where it came from I have no idea. There’s just no comparison …
Old Friends is selling pretty poorly so it was obviously comps
---
I've got a bit to catch up on:

I disagree with the reel - it wasn't as bad as some of his others. My pet peeve is when they have random photos in the middle with Joel writing and gifs over them. This reel was just a bit dull.

His voice demo reel, third slide, was hilarious to me. I understand actors have to play a variety of roles, but imagine having one of your previews being a whole thing about toilet humour. Lucky Carrie!

Re: bringing the baby on tour, I don't think anyone has said it yet but I bloody hope she's not planning on bringing the baby on stage and/or stage door because some of her superfans are bloody scary. She had to report someone to the police for turning up at her house. Not saying she should live in fear but some of her fans are unhinged, I wouldn't feel comfortable bringing a small baby to something so public. Maybe I'm reaching but idk
I don't know if it's his worse reel, but that's a low bar anyway. But it's a terrible reel.

If they both want to be influencers they really need to take a course on this kind of thing. His filming/panning was slow, framing all over the place, zooming in and out sloppy, and the narrative slow and boring. It really was like something a 60 plus non social media user would do.
---
View attachment 2587499

Then maybe don't Google yourself? Or search your name or anything related to you on social media?

But I bet you love the praise though?

Also don't be a crappy person, plenty of people don't get these kind of comments online because they don't act in a twattish way.

At the end of the day much of what is said online is no different to what people say in real life. It's just written down instead of verbal communication.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.