Carrie Hope Fletcher #83 What’sOnStage? Not Carrie, for much longer!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's absolutely delusional to think that going on a tour of the UK with a 7 month old is something you can just casually pull off, especially as a first time mum. She's completely unprepared for what's ahead
She’s so selfish. She’s going to put her baby through the most unnecessarily complicated travel routs. She thinks she’s going to get everywhere in time. Wait until the baby has an accident, or the crying drives her nuts while driving. It’s delusional.

Reactions: 14
I really don't think there's anything wrong with working AND being a mum to a young baby. Most mums (and/or dads) simply can't stay home. And I don't want to assume what Carrie and Joels finances look like, but I doubt the tour is happening because they'll be broke otherwise. So all this talk of "I was always sooooo career focused, but now I'm soooo excited to finally be a mother" ... what was the point if she's going to do both anyways? (And again, no shame in it. Women don't have to become full time mum & housewives.) But with Carrie it's always one extrem, always one that fits the current narrative, and as soon as the narrative changes, it's like she never said it. I bet you there will be lots and lots of "working mum" and "we don't have to sacrifice our career" talk from her next year.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I really don't think there's anything wrong with working AND being a mum to a young baby. Most mums (and/or dads) simply can't stay home. And I don't want to assume what Carrie and Joels finances look like, but I doubt the tour is happening because they'll be broke otherwise. So all this talk of "I was always sooooo career focused, but now I'm soooo excited to finally be a mother" ... what was the point if she's going to do both anyways? (And again, no shame in it. Women don't have to become full time mum & housewives.) But with Carrie it's always one extrem, always one that fits the current narrative, and as soon as the narrative changes, it's like she never said it. I bet you there will be lots and lots of "working mum" and "we don't have to sacrifice our career" talk from her next year.
Of course there’s nothing wrong with being a working mom. There’s one thing for your mom to go to their job and then come home. It’s a whole different ballgame dragging your seven month old child on long car journeys to be a human prop in your vanity tour.

Reactions: 28
Only discovered CHF last night, so maybe this has already been said, but ‘whilst’ is not a fancy word for ‘while’. It has a different meaning (whereas).
Both mean both in the UK (or at least where I’m from). I totally believe Carrie thinks whilst is fancier though 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 15
Absolutely. There’s nothing wrong with being a SAHM or a working mum or both at different times, whether through choice or circumstance. But Carrie wants it all, all at once, now now now and to simultaneously be the domestic goddess all-natural earth mother and the working mum girlboss on tour with a baby. That’s not realistic

Both mean both in the UK (or at least where I’m from). I totally believe Carrie thinks whilst is fancier though 🤦‍♀️
People do use them interchangeably all the time, but it just drives me maaaad because they’re actually different words. Whilst is not fancy! Anyway. As you were.

Reactions: 4
She’s so selfish. She’s going to put her baby through the most unnecessarily complicated travel routs. She thinks she’s going to get everywhere in time. Wait until the baby has an accident, or the crying drives her nuts while driving. It’s delusional.
Well it won’t be driving HER nuts, it’ll be driving whichever driver is assigned to her. That’ll be some joyful journeys.
---
Also why is she so condescending????
Would it kill her just to say something nice like.
‘Midlands, we got you covered-we’ll be in Birmingham on——‘
I am surprised she has any fans left.

Attachments

Reactions: 34
People do use them interchangeably all the time, but it just drives me maaaad because they’re actually different words. Whilst is not fancy! Anyway. As you were.
Whilst is certainly more formal/archaic, and you wouldn't tend to use it colloquially, but it does mean the same thing as while.

Reactions: 5
Well it won’t be driving HER nuts, it’ll be driving whichever driver is assigned to her. That’ll be some joyful journeys.
---
Also why is she so condescending????
Would it kill her just to say something nice like.
‘Midlands, we got you covered-we’ll be in Birmingham on——‘
I am surprised she has any fans left.
She’s so nasty, she thinks she’s being some sassy kweeen but she’s just being a prick. Imagine being 32 and still thinking you’re a smart arse for this 🤮🙄. She needs to grow up. High school attitude (and acting level…and writing level)

Reactions: 17
She’s so nasty, she thinks she’s being some sassy kweeen but she’s just being a prick. Imagine being 32 and still thinking you’re a smart arse for this 🤮🙄. She needs to grow up. High school attitude (and acting level…and writing level)
I think someone needs to show Carrie the comment on Theatre board from a mum who said her daughter is a fan of Carrie but she's afraid of asking her question in case Carrie gets upset with her ☹

Reactions: 17
I’m convinced she’s going to be dragging her poor child out on stage at least half the nights on this tour. I’ve got no issue with her going on tour 7 months after having a baby, loads of people go back to work when their kid is that age but she’s 100% going to use her daughter as a tour prop.

If she also decides to be a knob and only post photos of her daughter with her face covered, all she’s going to do is attract the wrong kind of attention and crowd to her shows because her “mystery” baby daughter is there

Reactions: 5
Carrie is very young for her performing career to be so dried up. Wonder what “regular” job she’d end up doing, or if she’d “decide” to be a SAHM.

Carrie is very young for her performing career to be so dried up. Wonder what “regular” job she’d end up doing, or if she’d “decide” to be a SAHM.
Continuing the online teaching grift would be a top option for sure. Although I'm sure she'd have a narcissistic meltdown at the thought of never having a theatre full of people clapping for her ever again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
making and selling penis book case earrings on Etsy?

--

I was thinking about the timing of the ticket sales and the mad rush rather than wait for Peanut to arrive and some certainty to be restored that the birth has gone OK. Part of it will obviously be about getting cash into Lambert Jackson's bank account, as presumably when wanting to put on a tour there's some necessity to secure the venue dates well in advance before they get booked up, and to do that you presumably have to pay part or all of each venue's hire charge now, and therefore they need the tickets on sale to recoup those early outlays. Having it all booked so far in advance also means you can get your tour into the leaflets and show planner booklets that some of the venues do a couple of times a year.

But presumably a huge factor is that a lot of her audience being young/teenagers, LJ/CHF need to firstly get that money in before some of the young fans change what they are into and aren't bothered about CHF so much any more; and secondly a lot of them won't have the ticket money themselves but being on sale now means they can be christmas presents from parents, aunts etc?

Absolutely. There’s nothing wrong with being a SAHM or a working mum or both at different times, whether through choice or circumstance. But Carrie wants it all, all at once, now now now and to simultaneously be the domestic goddess all-natural earth mother and the working mum girlboss on tour with a baby. That’s not realistic
As someone who also drank the “I can have it all” delulu kool aid, it’s bleeping horrible doing both and unless you’re in a good place mentally and physically it absolutely fucks you with no lube. I wish her luck 🍀 because god knows she needs it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Omg, maybe he's finally learning that he doesn't need to reshare 150 stories every time his bird does literally anything 🥹🤞
Or maybe he’s finally learned that his role in all this is merely assisting Carrie in ticking off her life list. She doesn’t care what he thinks (or does).

Reactions: 8
It’s ‘grammatical‘ to do that, she’s not breaking any rules (like she normally does 😅) but yeah, I’ll move on now

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.