Carrie Hope Fletcher #83 What’sOnStage? Not Carrie, for much longer!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s just Carrie’s need to control everything. She has conditioned her fans into being super careful around her and apologize for daring to ask something (even when she asks for questions). And she hates that she can’t control us on here, which was why she created the account back then and pretended to be a fan of hers - all done to gain some control. She could easily ignore us. She’s not famous enough to get online-wide criticism. But because she also loves playing the victim, she reacts every week via the q&a. I would say, that in a way she loves that we talk about her.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’ve been skimming the last few pages so apologies if I repeat myself. The reason why I think she still has young fans is because of the narrative she’s spinning: being the victim in today’s society, not complying with the standard of beauty, brains, success etc. She is telling a story of being an outcast in some ways, but still fulfilling her dreams both professionally and personally. She’s basically preying on poor insecure girls that think that maybe they’re not the prettiest, smartest or most successful but that’s fine because they see themselves in Carrie and she made it. I find it all very sad because Carrie is actually a witch and a bully and I don’t understand how someone could see themselves in her. Based on how she bullied a girl for smelling bad (she was bragging about it in a YouTube video), she’d probably be the one bullying some of her fans if they were in the same environment. I mean, she’s a passive aggressive witch to her fans as it is on social media.

On the different topic of people criticising your performance, by sharing that she once again proved how out of touch she is with reality. Even non famous people get constant feedback about their mistakes in work so that they can correct them. They would even get sacked if they made a scene and ranted about it on social media. And the same happens in their personal lives, except the feedback is coming from their friends and family, or even strangers if they’re being total jerks that need to be called out on some behaviours. You can tell her family has licked her arse her entire life and her friends are afraid to be honest or they’ll miss out on free housing.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think this is Joel's worst reel yet

08b589fcb6f8702ddf3591b6ac94b8f1.gif

Who does he think he is appealing to? My weird aunt with the old Samsung would have more aesthetic sense for a reel. Does Shrek really believe he's an influencer? Does he really believe this tit is anything like an ad in an age where every planned and semi-professional post is at least nice to look at and most of the time glossy af? Our beloved man child with his three chins can do nothing, absolutely nothing. It's almost a talent, really.

And the video of their faces at the end––What. The. duck. Imagine seeing an old friend like that on Instagram with their partner-of-a-year-and-a-half, to whom they're now already married and expecting a child. For Christ's sake. How can they be awkward and seemingly middle aged whilst at the same time stuck in 2012?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The seats they had for Old Friends look like the same ones that I got as on the day rush tickets the other week. It’s unfortunately not selling well from what I can see but I’d urge anyone who has any interest in musical theatre to see it as it’s such a good show. Without going all Carrie, I cried about 4 times (which I never do) and it’s worth seeing for Lea Salonga alone who has the most fantastic voice. Bernadette Peters vocally isn’t as strong as what she used to be but who cares, it’s Bernadette Peters! (the rest of the cast are also great). Rush tickets are easy to get via TodayTix, I’ve seen it twice (first time had paid for full price tickets) and going again and taking my parents for Christmas (they don’t know much Sondheim and so had said it didn’t really appeal but I guarantee 100% that they will enjoy it). I have no connection to the show but feel sorry for it because I think it’s not getting the love it deserves. As you were.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
That reel is so bad 😂 lots of jarring transitions and awkward shots, especially the one of them walking into the theatre.

I also listened to his voiceover character reels on his page and it’s given me the ick more than I already had it, if that’s possible.

Reactions: 12
Roly Poly No Neck Joely has no sense of style or aesthetics, you can see that from the way he dresses and the weird gifts he's bought for Carrie. Same with his 'influencing skills', he just doesn't possess them! He has no eye for composition, framing, colour, light and doesn't bother to put any effort into improving.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The seats they had for Old Friends look like the same ones that I got as on the day rush tickets the other week. It’s unfortunately not selling well from what I can see but I’d urge anyone who has any interest in musical theatre to see it as it’s such a good show. Without going all Carrie, I cried about 4 times (which I never do) and it’s worth seeing for Lea Salonga alone who has the most fantastic voice. Bernadette Peters vocally isn’t as strong as what she used to be but who cares, it’s Bernadette Peters! (the rest of the cast are also great). Rush tickets are easy to get via TodayTix, I’ve seen it twice (first time had paid for full price tickets) and going again and taking my parents for Christmas (they don’t know much Sondheim and so had said it didn’t really appeal but I guarantee 100% that they will enjoy it). I have no connection to the show but feel sorry for it because I think it’s not getting the love it deserves. As you were.
Thanks for the recommendation - I’ve got a free day soon and was thinking about seeing a show, I’ve added this to my alerts on TodayTix.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
He is such a strange, odd man. I don’t see anything appealing about him. I know everyone has different tastes but he just seems like such a cringebag.

I would say Props to Carrie for not getting the ick but she’s just as cringe

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The highlight from the original concert for me was Rob Brydon and Haydn Gwynne doing The Little Things You Do Together, as they were so funny, but of course she was not well enough to do this run and now has died :cry:. I'm not particularly bothered about Bernadette Peters although I do respect her as a true queen of musical theatre, not like Carrie who isn't even a princess. I haven't checked lately but when it first opened the ticket prices were very high, perhaps because of all the star names, and that may be what's kept people away (plus the ability to watch it on demand on iplayer).

Reactions: 3
Just briefly going back to Carrie still openly talking about her breakup even though she’s now married and pregnant… Did she EVER talk about her breakup with Pete?? Like, at all?? I know she put it in a blog or something that they had broken up, and then of course came the infamous YouTube comments alluding to abuse. But it feels like she references her breakup with Oliver constantly, even almost two years later and even though she is supposedly the happiest she’s ever been in a relationship. I just think it says a lot, given that she pretty much left Pete to be with Oliver, and never once looked back or dwelled on THAT relationship at all. Truly alarming behaviour.

Reactions: 21
Just briefly going back to Carrie still openly talking about her breakup even though she’s now married and pregnant… Did she EVER talk about her breakup with Pete?? Like, at all?? I know she put it in a blog or something that they had broken up, and then of course came the infamous YouTube comments alluding to abuse. But it feels like she references her breakup with Oliver constantly, even almost two years later and even though she is supposedly the happiest she’s ever been in a relationship. I just think it says a lot, given that she pretty much left Pete to be with Oliver, and never once looked back or dwelled on THAT relationship at all. Truly alarming behaviour.
Probably because she ended it with Pete on her own terms and there was most likely some overlap with Oliver
She never got any closure from Oli, but instead of working on herself and trying to move on she just went straight into an intense relationship with Joel

Reactions: 20
It’s very telling he didn’t appear to make this crap ‘influencer’ videos before Carrie and the step change can only indicate that that’s how he sees her. A chance to have a profile, to make money etc

Reactions: 15
Did she EVER talk about her breakup with Pete?? Like, at all?? I know she put it in a blog or something that they had broken up, and then of course came the infamous YouTube comments alluding to abuse. But it feels like she references her breakup with Oliver constantly.
She only mentioned Pete long enough to hint to him being an abuser to cover up her cheating on him with Oliver. Never heard her talk about him aside from that.

She talks about Oliver because of her wounded pride, a broken ego hurts more than a broken heart. She can’t accept that she, Carrie Hope Fletcher was dumped by him. It probably doesn’t help that he’s happier than ever and extremely successful, more that she ever was or she’ll ever be.

Reactions: 26
Probably because she ended it with Pete on her own terms and there was most likely some overlap with Oliver
She never got any closure from Oli, but instead of working on herself and trying to move on she just went straight into an intense relationship with Joel
That and she was trying to downplay the very obvious overlap between Pete and Oliver and she was so besotted with Oliver she wouldn’t dream of talking about or alluding to another man when she was with him

It honestly looks like something my mum would film, and she’s rubbish at anything to do with technology 🤭 It’s just so, so BAD! Nothing about that reel would entice me to go and see it, if anything, it would put me off, as he made it look so dull. Not to mention their, “now almost looking like twins” faces, gurning for an uncomfortable amount of time, (8 seconds, probably about the same amount of time it took to make “peanut”) for no actual purpose!
What happens prior? This is what I imagine…
J: I’m making a super cool reel for instagram. In a minute, I’m going to show everyone how good I am at being an influencer.
C: Oh exciting, what are you going to do? You should check out Danny with a Camera for ideas.
J: Oh, my darling wife, mother of my child, wait for it, I’m going to flip the screen, so it shows US. That’s what the people want! On the count of 3, the screen will show Tom Fletchers sister and best bro in lawThe Montagues”, then we should use our skills and improvise…We didn’t go to Drama school for 4 years for nothing!
{Carrie glares}
J: Oh sorry my love, you just ooze talent and were, if anything, too good for any professional training. I mean, who could possibly teach the queen of the west end, anything new?
C: I have so many faces and expressions to use!
J:3,2,1 GO!!!
Smile, gurn, open mouth, wave programme in front of mouth, keep smiling, don’t forget to stare, and…scene!
J: Wow! WE are incredible. I am #SOproud of my wife Carrie Hope Montague
C: People are DEFINITELY going to want to see the show now. [sternly] In future, please call me Carrie Hope Fletcher when we’re out in public.
J: Yes Mrs Hope Fletcher
C: FFS, Joel! Hope is not part of my surname, we’ve talked about this. View attachment 2587683View attachment 2587684View attachment 2587685
I know it’s been said but they’re so well-matched, physically speaking. She’s married someone in her “league”. Like, in every photo with Oliver she looked like a random fan that had stopped him on the street, not like they were a couple. But with Joel, they just look like they go together.

It’s just Carrie’s need to control everything. She has conditioned her fans into being super careful around her and apologize for daring to ask something (even when she asks for questions). And she hates that she can’t control us on here, which was why she created the account back then and pretended to be a fan of hers - all done to gain some control. She could easily ignore us. She’s not famous enough to get online-wide criticism. But because she also loves playing the victim, she reacts every week via the q&a. I would say, that in a way she loves that we talk about her.
What if we went one week dark, and didn’t talk about Carrie. She’d go mad.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.