Carrie Hope Fletcher #7 Carrie Fletcher, there is no hope left.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’ll not want to miss meeeting fans at the stage door, just so she can complain about how awful they are and lecture everyone about the correct way to behave.
give it a week before we get the “stage door is not a meet and greet” lecture

Reactions: 9
give it a week before we get the “stage door is not a meet and greet” lecture
I don't really mind this. She's right, and she has had scary experiences and uncomfortable experiences - and some people are tit and need the reminder (but many would probably be tit anyway, reminder or not).

Reactions: 4
I don't really mind this. She's right, and she has had scary experiences and uncomfortable experiences - and some people are tit and need the reminder (but many would probably be tit anyway, reminder or not).
Which is fair...if she doesn’t encourage it by showing off the free stuff people give her there in an attempt to not have her put them on blast/block them/generally be tit to her fans, y’know, the people who allow her to have stuff like undeclared free holidays to Disney (although considering she has to buy a lot of her engagement with her content now, wonder how long it’ll be before that stops).
She can’t have it both ways, and it’s cruel of her to bite people’s heads off one minute and be lapping it up the next. Ends up with people walking on eggshells around her and is kinda abusive.

Reactions: 15
She goes on and on about how people are rude at stage door. Hun, work in retail for a week and you’ll stfu.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Just remembered the time she made a whole video on how a woman asked her to pick up a coffee cup. And Carrie was outraged because she was already going to pick it up and the woman was rude to her. Imagine making such a fuss EVERY time someone is rude to you. Like I said, she wouldn’t last a week, or even a day, in a regular customer service job. You’re an actress, Carrie, you’ve got it very very lucky.

Reactions: 11
Which is fair...if she doesn’t encourage it by showing off the free stuff people give her there in an attempt to not have her put them on blast/block them/generally be tit to her fans, y’know, the people who allow her to have stuff like undeclared free holidays to Disney (although considering she has to buy a lot of her engagement with her content now, wonder how long it’ll be before that stops).
She can’t have it both ways, and it’s cruel of her to bite people’s heads off one minute and be lapping it up the next. Ends up with people walking on eggshells around her and is kinda abusive.
It's like Anastasia KN, she doesn't have a blue tick on IG because she buys followers.

Reactions: 1
Call me old-fashioned, but I don't really like the riffs. They're obviously fantastic singers, but it doesn't sound right to me with all the extra decoration.
I’m completely with you, but they’ve been edging this combo arrangement of on my own and I dreamed a dream towards the public facing events (it was originally used on the evening of the 30th anniversary, then at the Hyde park event Carrie and Shan did and now) so I think those riffs and that style are being consciously used because they’re still in rehearsals and because it’s a general public performance to get bums on seats at all - I saw the first concert with Shan and the recording and she does sing it traditionally with her own interpretation, very well but don’t worry I don’t think either of them do those riffs etc in a normal performance - but like I said I’m completely with you and it’s so weird seeing Lucie in a tracksuit for a Les Mis performance 😂

Call me old-fashioned, but I don't really like the riffs. They're obviously fantastic singers, but it doesn't sound right to me with all the extra decoration.
Totally agree, great singers, but that video is awful. Luckily (unless they've changed it again) the concert version of Les Mis isn't like that!

You know I was looking at her stories and I hate to admit, she is very talented in making things. Mind you, not books but other things.

Reactions: 6
They won’t be able to have huge crowds at stage door.
One - the actual stage door is gated so fans stand outside the locked gate on a narrow pavement next to a narrow Side street.
two - it’s a residential area so fans will get moved on.
three - Carrie will leave like everyone else - no car. Sorry she’s not Glenn Close famous. They had a TV star in the last show there and he left like everyone else.
If she’s sensible it’s possible to leave after the bows before the public even make it down the escalator. So rather than moan about it there is this option. However I think C likes the validation of fans at stage door... of course until she doesn’t.

They won’t be able to have huge crowds at stage door.
One - the actual stage door is gated so fans stand outside the locked gate on a narrow pavement next to a narrow Side street.
two - it’s a residential area so fans will get moved on.
three - Carrie will leave like everyone else - no car. Sorry she’s not Glenn Close famous. They had a TV star in the last show there and he left like everyone else.
If she’s sensible it’s possible to leave after the bows before the public even make it down the escalator. So rather than moan about it there is this option. However I think C likes the validation of fans at stage door... of course until she doesn’t.
I also think they will have to be very strict regarding social distancing. When I start visiting the theatre again, I’ll be staying away from stage door even if it is open. 😅

I agree about the riffs of the Les Mis video but assume that was specially for The One Show. I think Lucie and Shan’s voices go better together.

Reactions: 2
I agree about the riffs of the Les Mis video but assume that was specially for The One Show. I think Lucie and Shan’s voices go better together.
Not sure if it’s to do with microphone levels or what but I’ve always found that whenever Carrie sings with someone, she tends to sing louder than them/over them

Not sure if it’s to do with microphone levels or what but I’ve always found that whenever Carrie sings with someone, she tends to sing louder than them/over them
yeah I always thought that she completely overpowered everyone during Addams

Reactions: 2
Don’t think it is microphone levels because I noticed it years ago whenever she’d do a cover with someone on YouTube. One in particular that comes to mind was a Taylor Swift cover with Celinde. At one point you could tell Celinde was having to shout her lyrics to be heard over Carrie. From that point on, I always noticed it. I don’t think Carrie realises that to be a good singer you have to be able to sing quietly or at normal volumes too, not just belting louder than everyone else. It practically screams insecurity and a need for attention over everyone else.

Reactions: 8
Yeah Carrie has very little ability to blend her voice with someone else’s. If only there hadve been some kind of program one could’ve gone through with other singers where they would’ve learnt skills like that

Reactions: 13
It’s not helped by the fact that belting is pretty much all that Carrie knows. Anyone remember the good morning / evening videos where she said she was trying to learn how to sing more in her head voice? The only ensemble work she’s done was in Les Mis (because everyone is ensemble apart from Jean Valjean and Javert)- and I don’t think she did much singing in that track. Most actors work their way through ensemble, covers, understudies to become lead roles. Carrie didn’t do that.
Even when she was part of the Cardinals group she was always the loudest- shame because they had some beautiful harmonies, very difficult to hear them over Carrie belting!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.