Carrie Hope Fletcher #7 Carrie Fletcher, there is no hope left.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The lyrics to that whole song are a shambles and it should be chucked out of the show.
I remember commenting a few threads back about this lyric being utter tripe - “Bad Cinderella” is not a catty name, it’s simply a name with a very lazy choice of adjectives shoved in front of it. Carrie isn’t switched on enough to realise what she’s singing may have been created by ALW but it is absolute rubbish! And the fact it’s her favourite bit to perform in the show just makes me dread how poor the rest of the show must be. The song is awful!

Reactions: 12
Reading the synopsis of the show, it looks like a bad fan fiction. Who even uses the term “sex god” anymore?🙈

Reactions: 13
Cindermehlla sounds absolutely terrible to me - badly thought out, messy, poor songs, and the whole "i'M nOt LiKe OtHeR gIrls" rhetoric really is grating on me.

Reactions: 9
I remember commenting a few threads back about this lyric being utter tripe - “Bad Cinderella” is not a catty name, it’s simply a name with a very lazy choice of adjectives shoved in front of it. Carrie isn’t switched on enough to realise what she’s singing may have been created by ALW but it is absolute rubbish! And the fact it’s her favourite bit to perform in the show just makes me dread how poor the rest of the show must be. The song is awful!
You can blame him for lots of things, but not really the lyrics. I do wonder how much they'll be able to change things in the previews though, after promoting the songs so much and having already recorded the album — Memory in Cats apparently had different lyrics almost every night.

Reactions: 6
I think Carrie is just happy to be cast as the lead in an ALW musical tbh. She considers herself a big deal and this has confirmed it for her. She’s not exactly going to be critical of the (terrible) lyrics and (cringey) storyline because it wouldn’t be good for her career. That’s if she even does realise how bad it is of course...

Reactions: 12
Carrie: ‘Be kind!’
Also Carrie: *Is unnecessarily rude to autistic person on Twitter who wasn’t even mentioning or talking to/about Carrie and then blocks her because she got annoyed that the autistic person didn’t realise that what she said would upset Carrie, WHO SHE DIDN’T EVEN TALK ABOUT OR MENTION and then blocks anyone who tries to stick up for the autistic person*

Just came to mind when I saw this tweet 🙃

Attachments

I think Carrie is just happy to be cast as the lead in an ALW musical tbh. She considers herself a big deal and this has confirmed it for her. She’s not exactly going to be critical of the (terrible) lyrics and (cringey) storyline because it wouldn’t be good for her career. That’s if she even does realise how bad it is of course...
she's far from educated.

Reactions: 3
I think she’s far too wrapped up in being “the star” to realise how terrible the whole thing is.

Reactions: 13
The whole plot summary she posted on her stories of Cinderella sounds like an amateur production. It’s sounds shockingly bad which is surprising because Emerald Fennell (YA main character name if I ever heard one..) is talented.

Maybe whoever put the summary together is the issue. I agree with the person who said she just wanted to be cast by ALW

Reactions: 7
Based on her recent stories about Mary Poppins and doing the dance- do we think she’s angling to be Mary? She seems determined to do full circle career with shows she did as a child!

• Angry
Unless Cinderella is a name in this world, there’s two of them and she’s the ‘bad’ one. Maybe?

Reactions: 4
Based on her recent stories about Mary Poppins and doing the dance- do we think she’s angling to be Mary? She seems determined to do full circle career with shows she did as a child!
To be fair, if she can play Truly she can play Mary Poppins as they’re kind of similar. But again, is Mary Poppins too much for her? She struggled with Heathers, definitely bit off more than she could chew with that one. And god knows how she will cope with Cinderella.

Reactions: 2
You can blame him for lots of things, but not really the lyrics. I do wonder how much they'll be able to change things in the previews though, after promoting the songs so much and having already recorded the album — Memory in Cats apparently had different lyrics almost every night.
True, Andy didn’t write the lyrics, that’s David Zippel, but his Lordship approved them. It’s not like he hands over responsibility for the lyrics and says “do what you like”. He famously went to several lyricists for Phantom until he was happy.

Reactions: 5
I wonder if she wrote that question herself about the most impressive thing she remembers from a previous role - just so she could show off the supercali dance to her new cast mates. She was obviously at the theatre when she filmed it. I bet there was a lot of eye rolling amongst the cast.

Reactions: 7
I think the Bad Cinderella, Cinderella bit is to get the lyrics to fit the bars of the music but ends up being clumsy because we are wondering what her actual name is. It's like me saying my name is Good Kate, Kate. You'd say, what so good you name yourself twice? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I wonder if she wrote that question herself about the most impressive thing she remembers from a previous role - just so she could show off the supercali dance to her new cast mates. She was obviously at the theatre when she filmed it. I bet there was a lot of eye rolling amongst the cast.
I thought that about the questions about ‘Do you have any other credits we may not know about?’ 🙄

Reactions: 5
Nah she’s not good enough at all for Mary. She could maybe get the acting down but it’s pretty choreo heavy. She wouldn’t manage it. Mary Poppins is meant to be poise and grace, Carrie has all the grace of a baby elephant.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It’s funny because I can’t imagine this version of Carrie playing Truly either

Reactions: 9
It’s funny because I can’t imagine this version of Carrie playing Truly either
Or Miss Honey, but if you had asked me straight after she played Eponine or maybe Truly I would have said yeah go for it I can see it and I don’t even think it’s an age/type cast perception - just more that I’ve realised it would be a test on her true acting

Reactions: 3
Carrie's definitely been having some sort of breakdown over the last week or so. I was up late last night talking to someone we've worked with who's recently been cast in a show, and instead of being encouraging of them she's been banging on about how huge of a responsibility they now have to lead the industry back to how it was pre-covid (as if we'll be back to normal anytime soon in the first place) and making them feel insanely pressured. Like wow, a good luck doesn't hurt, Carrie. :rolleyes:
We both feel like she's trying to throw them off a bit because Cinderella isn't going to be one of the first shows to open next week, but that's just our take on the conversation.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.