Carrie Hope Fletcher #7 Carrie Fletcher, there is no hope left.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Great title. It reminds me of Heathers - the censored version performed in schools has the line "all hope is gone, I'm a dead girl walking ..."

Meanwhile Cinderella still looks awful. I've seen a couple of people on other sites say they have higher hopes for the show since Emerald Fennell won an Oscar ... I can't say I agree. If anything it will only make things worse if the reviews are bad. I note Cinderella's alternate is Georgina Onuorah who's a recent graduate, all I can say is there'll be drama if she gets a better reception than Carrie

Reactions: 8
MeanwhileI note Cinderella's alternate is Georgina Onuorah who's a recent graduate, all I can say is there'll be drama if she gets a better reception than Carrie
The funny thing is thatā€™s quite likely šŸ˜… pretty much everyone that isnā€™t one of her minions thought that Olivia was a better Veronica than Carrie. I wonder how sheā€™ll treat her compared to Olivia...

Reactions: 12
Regarding Carrieā€™s insta story on privilege, Iā€™m very glad that she is more self aware of it.

Reactions: 9
Regarding Carrieā€™s insta story on privilege, Iā€™m very glad that she is more self aware of it.
I absolutely agree, that was so great to see. I hope it sticks, because she's been dancing around this and not quite getting it for a while.

I think itā€™s very good of her to acknowledge her privilege, itā€™s taken her too long but itā€™s good sheā€™s done it. I hope she really means it!

its something Iā€™ve always disliked about her. Over time it has made me go off her as Iā€™ve gotten older. Iā€™m 23, started watching her at 14/15. I do lots of different things like Carrie, including YouTube & freelance work, so I get annoyed when she says itā€™s just hard work that got her to where she is. I work hard too, but really Iā€™m just doing okay-ish. My freelance/small business/YouTube is enough for me to survive, but Iā€™m just scraping by with enough money each month. Iā€™m very happy with what Iā€™ve achieved but I also know that hard work isnā€™t enough. Itā€™s who you are and who you know too. If I had 500,000 subs and/or a famous brother, so many things Iā€™d love to do would be instantly possible. Itā€™s not nice following someone who clearly has what she has from her privilege and she couldnt see that.

There is no doubt that she hasnā€™t worked hard to get to where she is, but itā€™s definitely helped that sheā€™s fallen in with the right crowd (friends, ex boyfriend, her brother, her parents) and itā€™s a combination of everything thatā€™s got her where she is. I first heard about her through other youtubers I watched and then saw her in her brothers wedding video. She has said before that she first got known because of her acting as a kid, but I donā€™t think anyone remembers the children stage actors. I saw Chitty around the time she would have been in it, but I didnā€™t find her youtube channel through that. That may have helped her get her stage work, but not her YouTube subs. Her YouTube subs came from 3 main things: starting before YouTube got big, dating Alex & her brother.
Shes been successful with her acting work because she did acting as a kid and had an audience already, she didnā€™t need to go to drama school like most do. She also doesnā€™t have to work a ā€˜properā€™ day job like most of her fellow actors do. Sheā€™s okay if she doesnā€™t get work for a few months, because she has books that will definitely get published and YouTube money to help tide her over (all from being known on YouTube). Carrie can create her own opportunities if she wants to!

Her parents have been a huge help on this too, itā€™s very obvious as both her and Tom have been successful from a young age.

I was close to unfollowing her, but maybe she will change & see how lucky she really is. Iā€™m excited to see how she takes this

(Iā€™m writing this on my phone, itā€™s so horrible to do so. Sorry for any spelling mistakes

Surprisingly many nice posts back to back about other women performers on insta today.

Reactions: 3
Surprisingly many nice posts back to back about other women performers on insta today.
Itā€™s hard to tell if sheā€™s doing it for the right reasons though. Sheā€™s been called out a lot for the way she treats her female costars so sheā€™s pretty much damned either way unless she makes a YouTube video or a blog post about everything. I prefer video apologies because they canā€™t hide behind words and you can see in their eyes if they are being honest. As with any other youtuber who has been called out for bad behaviour, the noise and gossip gets louder and louder when the person thinks that by not saying anything it will go away. It wont go away completely but itā€™ll begin to fade if she actually acknowledges her behaviour.
In comparison I give you the Colleen Ballinger scandal when she sent underwear to a 13 year old boy who she let run the Miranda Sings Twitter account for a couple of weeks with no pay unsupervised. It all went tits up when the kid tweeted something to the account that was offensive to the LGBTQ community. It then came out that an Irish teen called Adam had been manipulated by both Colleen and her friend Kory. Colleen went silent, refused to acknowledge anything and then more rumours started and the deep diving into her Twitter account and old videos. Horrible racist, abusive tweets and videos came to the surface from Colleen, Kory and her sister Rachel. Eventually Colleen realised that staying silent allowed people to dig deeper and she eventually apologised for some of the things she had been accused of. People still think sheā€™s problematic but because she apologised a lot of it has been swept under the rug.
Now I am no way comparing Colleen and Carrie but it shows you what can happen when people stay silent in the wake of accusations. The noise is only going to get louder and people will be digging and digging trying to find the smoking gun.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Okay Carrie, calm down with the ā€˜look at me, I am supportive of other womenā€™ act. Itā€™s very transparent. Weird how after all of this stuff about her not supporting other women in the industry, sheā€™s now licking the arses of loads of women in theatre all of a sudden. She isnā€™t capable of being nice unless she needs to make herself look good. Sheā€™s never been subtle with these things.

Itā€™s kind of sad how much validation she needs from strangers on the internet. I think because the internet has been her life since she was young, her entire life and being revolves around her followers, how many she has, what they all think of her, and that she must please every single person. I think it might be because two of her jobs (author and vlogger) are dependent on her social media followers (say what she likes about being an author, she wouldnā€™t sell even 100 copies without her loyal followers because those books are awfully written). I think she needs to take a massive step back because one day she will regret how much time she has spent revolving her personality around what her followers think of her. She should start doing what a lot of influencers are doing and have ā€˜phone in the drawerā€™ days.

What she doesnā€™t understand about boundaries is that she is responsible for them. Like, if someone has tweeted her something rude, itā€™s up to you to block them. And she does that (but also blocks people for no reason). But she also needs to understand that she needs to put boundaries on herself. For example, she doesnā€™t like what she reads on here? It is HER responsibility to put a boundary up and stop looking. Itā€™s that simple. Donā€™t complain that people are moaning about you but then keep looking and then moan that nobody respects your boundaries. Boundaries are your own responsibility and sometimes it means setting boundaries on other people (such as blocking people or restricting comments, as she does) but sometimes it means setting boundaries on yourself and not keep looking at something that pisses you off. Itā€™s entirely on her. Boundaries arenā€™t magical spells that you can use to control other people, itā€™s to help control your personal space and accessibility. And a lot of it is down to her but she doesnā€™t understand that yet. Long rant over. šŸ˜‚

I'm glad she's slightly acknowledged her privilege but can't help but think all of this is saving face.

Cherry hasn't taken her video down (thankfully) so all those comments are still there for Carrie and everyone to see.

She really needs knocking down a peg or two.

Reactions: 11
Okay Carrie, calm down with the ā€˜look at me, I am supportive of other womenā€™ act. Itā€™s very transparent. Weird how after all of this stuff about her not supporting other women in the industry, sheā€™s now licking the arses of loads of women in theatre all of a sudden. She isnā€™t capable of being nice unless she needs to make herself look good. Sheā€™s never been subtle with these things.

Itā€™s kind of sad how much validation she needs from strangers on the internet. I think because the internet has been her life since she was young, her entire life and being revolves around her followers, how many she has, what they all think of her, and that she must please every single person. I think it might be because two of her jobs (author and vlogger) are dependent on her social media followers (say what she likes about being an author, she wouldnā€™t sell even 100 copies without her loyal followers because those books are awfully written). I think she needs to take a massive step back because one day she will regret how much time she has spent revolving her personality around what her followers think of her. She should start doing what a lot of influencers are doing and have ā€˜phone in the drawerā€™ days.

What she doesnā€™t understand about boundaries is that she is responsible for them. Like, if someone has tweeted her something rude, itā€™s up to you to block them. And she does that (but also blocks people for no reason). But she also needs to understand that she needs to put boundaries on herself. For example, she doesnā€™t like what she reads on here? It is HER responsibility to put a boundary up and stop looking. Itā€™s that simple. Donā€™t complain that people are moaning about you but then keep looking and then moan that nobody respects your boundaries. Boundaries are your own responsibility and sometimes it means setting boundaries on other people (such as blocking people or restricting comments, as she does) but sometimes it means setting boundaries on yourself and not keep looking at something that pisses you off. Itā€™s entirely on her. Boundaries arenā€™t magical spells that you can use to control other people, itā€™s to help control your personal space and accessibility. And a lot of it is down to her but she doesnā€™t understand that yet. Long rant over. šŸ˜‚
Completely agree. I see so many people post things about how someoneā€™s boundaries shouldnā€™t really change what you see from them, but it should do. If someone wants to stop sharing so much about their family, the audience will notice they arenā€™t seeing certain people anymore. I used to watch Miss Budget Beauty and loads of people noticed when she stopped featuring her daughter in videos. Lots of people called her bad mum because they werenā€™t seeing the daughter anymore (thinking she favoured her son because they saw him more)- if anything I liked her more for respecting her daughter boundaries.
Carrie said she wasnā€™t going to do a tour of her house and she has stuck to that but we have seen the layout of her downstairs and she has vlogged walking home. Anyone who knows the area would probably find her house quite quickly using the info she has put out there. Tbh even her brother and sister in law have shown too much of the front of their house (at least they are in a gated community).
When it comes her internet boundaries none of them make any sense. She blocks people saying harmless things to save her mental health and then feeds the trolls who deserve to be blocked and calls them out. At least she deleted her tiktok- Iā€™ve said it before and Iā€™ll say it again DELETE YOUR TWITTER ACCOUNT CARRIE AND BLOCK THE WEBSITES THAT TALK ABOUT YOU! You canā€™t stop people from talking about you, but you donā€™t have to listen to it. She obsessively read about herself on GG and posed as a ā€˜fanā€™ to ā€˜correctā€™ the gossip, and canā€™t seem to stop reading about herself on here. Youā€™d think someone in her family wouldā€™ve done some sort of social media intervention with her by now! She needs a better therapist if she has one at all because I believe her mental health is in the toilet!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Definitely saving face with the stories today. The repost of Lucie Jones couldnā€™t be more blatant if she tried. I wish she didnā€™t feel the need to hammer us over the head with it. I get it, she wants to defend herself, but canā€™t she just let the occasional thing go? If she knows - as she claims - in her ā€œheart of heartsā€ that sheā€™s a good person, why on earth does it matter so much that a few people disagree?

Also sheā€™s definitely indulging a Barbra Streisand effect (the effect of drawing attention to something by trying to conceal it) by continuing to go on and on about it.

1620848304764.png

Stop me if Iā€™m being daft here, but this doesnā€™t make much sense with the lyrics does it?

ā€˜bad Cinderella, Cinderella is the catty name that they call meā€™- surely implies Cinderella is the catty name?
As is the case in the Disney versions, where her name is actually Ella.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
View attachment 571555
Stop me if Iā€™m being daft here, but this doesnā€™t make much sense with the lyrics does it?

ā€˜bad Cinderella, Cinderella is the catty name that they call meā€™- surely implies Cinderella is the catty name?
Thatā€™s what I thought! They nickname her ā€˜Cinderellaā€™ because she is covered in cinders from all the housework she does. Sheā€™s called Ella and ā€˜Cinderellaā€™ is the catty name they call her. Unless itā€™s specifically stated otherwise in the show but... why?

Reactions: 17
View attachment 571555

The lyrics to that whole song are a shambles and it should be chucked out of the show.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.