Carrie Hope Fletcher #7 Carrie Fletcher, there is no hope left.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sure if she was challenged over singing over people she would be like "I'm a belter, I can't help it!" - but Patti LuPone (one of our best belters) manages to blend when she does duets, so Carrie has no excuse.

Funnily enough, I just went on YouTube to find an example and found this old video of Carrie performing with Patti LuPone, as well as Rachelle Ann Go and Frances Ruffelle. Even with some powerhouse voices, Carrie's voice is still on top of everyone else in that final note.

It's odd to see this video, Carrie feels like a different person in it. She was this exciting, young, emerging star but at some point, her ego overtook her talent.

Reactions: 8
I'm sure if she was challenged over singing over people she would be like "I'm a belter, I can't help it!" - but Patti LuPone (one of our best belters) manages to blend when she does duets, so Carrie has no excuse.

Funnily enough, I just went on YouTube to find an example and found this old video of Carrie performing with Patti LuPone, as well as Rachelle Ann Go and Frances Ruffelle. Even with some powerhouse voices, Carrie's voice is still on top of everyone else in that final note.

It's odd to see this video, Carrie feels like a different person in it. She was this exciting, young, emerging star but at some point, her ego overtook her talent.
I think that's Carrie's problem. In my personal opinion, I think she was a nice and genuine person at one point but I think fame, and ego made her insufferable. Sadly, she is a victim of her own hype.

Reactions: 9

Her voice sounds SO good here. Her early videos of Eponine's songs are always my favourite. Also I don't know if the others are just small but she also looks so tall!

Reactions: 7
Her voice sounds SO good here. Her early videos of Eponine's songs are always my favourite. Also I don't know if the others are just small but she also looks so tall!
Agreed! Love her Eponine era 😊 Yes, I think she's quite tall (and the others in that video are not the tallest, I think?)

Reactions: 1
I don’t think she was less egotistical when she was younger, I think she was still playing the ‘humble’ game because she knew she wasn’t well-known enough to start acting like she thought she was a Big Star. According to other people on YouTube at the time, she used to talk about how she was ‘famous’ and that people with less subscribers were jealous of her. This was before she made her return to the West End, it was back before YouTube even had ads! She has always given this vibe of ‘I expect to be famous’. She isn’t genuinely humble like someone who might have found themselves famous without even realising, she has been trying to be famous for a while and has almost felt it to be her right. I think this must come from having a famous brother and feeling a need to live up to that expectation. But sadly, the more famous she got, the more her ego inflated.

Reactions: 11
Trust Carrie to sing over the original Fantine and Eponine - gotta be the loudest! 🙄

Belleville books???? Carrie I’m sure the cast don’t need you to ‘donate’ books to them. They’re quite capable of sourcing books themselves.

Reactions: 10
Trust Carrie to sing over the original Fantine and Eponine - gotta be the loudest! 🙄

Belleville books???? Carrie I’m sure the cast don’t need you to ‘donate’ books to them. They’re quite capable of sourcing books themselves.
I remember one time Carrie being upset about an off the cuff remark about a west end live performance from the les Mis cast and that kinda upset Carrie, I think Frances said something along the lines of its sad to see a passionless performance.

Reactions: 5
I don’t know about anyone else but I’m kinda bored of the Cinderella remake like there’s been so many and how many times can you make it ‘different’ or ‘put a spin on it’ and Andrew Lloyd Webber’s one just looks abit blah I feel like they’ve tried to make carries Cinderella ‘not like other girls’

Reactions: 8
I don’t know about anyone else but I’m kinda bored of the Cinderella remake like there’s been so many and how many times can you make it ‘different’ or ‘put a spin on it’ and Andrew Lloyd Webber’s one just looks abit blah I feel like they’ve tried to make carries Cinderella ‘not like other girls’
They’ve tried to make Carrie’s Cinderella, Carrie. And it’s not going to work.

Reactions: 3
That tweet is such a massive stealth boast.

Translation: I have to let everyone know how much ALW was in awe of my immense talent today.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.