Carrie Hope Fletcher #7 Carrie Fletcher, there is no hope left.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the Bad Cinderella, Cinderella bit is to get the lyrics to fit the bars of the music but ends up being clumsy because we are wondering what her actual name is. It's like me saying my name is Good Kate, Kate. You'd say, what so good you name yourself twice? šŸ˜‚
It comes across like: "Bad Cinderella. Cinderella is the catty name that they call me." Which makes no sense in context of the statement that Cinderella is her real name and "Bad Cinderella" is the cruel nickname :s

Reactions: 9
Carrie's definitely been having some sort of breakdown over the last week or so. I was up late last night talking to someone we've worked with who's recently been cast in a show, and instead of being encouraging of them she's been banging on about how huge of a responsibility they now have to lead the industry back to how it was pre-covid (as if we'll be back to normal anytime soon in the first place) and making them feel insanely pressured. Like wow, a good luck doesn't hurt, Carrie. :rolleyes:
We both feel like she's trying to throw them off a bit because Cinderella isn't going to be one of the first shows to open next week, but that's just our take on the conversation.
Fascinating. Sounds like typical, shady Carrie behaviour. Best wishes to your friend and I hope you wonā€™t face any backlash for posting this.

Reactions: 5
It comes across like: "Bad Cinderella. Cinderella is the catty name that they call me." Which makes no sense in context of the statement that Cinderella is her real name and "Bad Cinderella" is the cruel nickname :s
ā€œBad Cinderellaā€ being a catty name is just so funny. It sounds like a pet being called out for doing something they shouldnā€™t do, not a catty that is supposed to be hurtful

• Haha
Reactions: 7
LOON
NUTTER
LAME
Ms Advocate for mental health singing those god awful lyrics to Bad Cinderella and being ok with it?
Letā€™s put as many stigmatising ā€˜cattyā€™ names for those suffering from poor mental health in one song shall we Mr Zippel for the sake of a rhyming couplet.
This is the 21st century not the dark ages.
The time for names like that even in a work of frothy fiction has long gone.
I am surprised no one in the mainstream has picked up on it.
Its unlikely theyā€™ll change the lyrics in previews as they seem to add the track to every bit of publicity they put out.
They wonā€™t listen to the public pointing it out I hope itā€™s either mentioned in the reviews as jarring or the charity MIND come for them and show them itā€™s not acceptable.

ā€œBad Cinderellaā€ being a catty name is just so funny. It sounds like a pet being called out for doing something they shouldnā€™t do, not a catty that is supposed to be hurtful
Also her pointing out that so many people have been confused by the lyric shows it definitely the lyricist and not the public.
a song should stand on its own without the need for a visual to explain the lyric?
Calling it now. That song title will definitely come back to haunt them in the reviews. Itā€™s an absolute gift for reviewers if they donā€™t like the show

• Angry
Reactions: 18
Itā€™s hard to tell if sheā€™s doing it for the right reasons though. Sheā€™s been called out a lot for the way she treats her female costars so sheā€™s pretty much damned either way unless she makes a YouTube video or a blog post about everything. I prefer video apologies because they canā€™t hide behind words and you can see in their eyes if they are being honest. As with any other youtuber who has been called out for bad behaviour, the noise and gossip gets louder and louder when the person thinks that by not saying anything it will go away. It wont go away completely but itā€™ll begin to fade if she actually acknowledges her behaviour.
In comparison I give you the Colleen Ballinger scandal when she sent underwear to a 13 year old boy who she let run the Miranda Sings Twitter account for a couple of weeks with no pay unsupervised. It all went tits up when the kid tweeted something to the account that was offensive to the LGBTQ community. It then came out that an Irish teen called Adam had been manipulated by both Colleen and her friend Kory. Colleen went silent, refused to acknowledge anything and then more rumours started and the deep diving into her Twitter account and old videos. Horrible racist, abusive tweets and videos came to the surface from Colleen, Kory and her sister Rachel. Eventually Colleen realised that staying silent allowed people to dig deeper and she eventually apologised for some of the things she had been accused of. People still think sheā€™s problematic but because she apologised a lot of it has been swept under the rug.
Now I am no way comparing Colleen and Carrie but it shows you what can happen when people stay silent in the wake of accusations. The noise is only going to get louder and people will be digging and digging trying to find the smoking gun.
Wow, I had no idea about Colleen!

Reactions: 1
Loon, nutter, and lame are all ableist terms. I thought it was well known amongst most people not to use the word ā€˜lameā€™ anymore. But then she doesnā€™t seem to give a tit about that, given her attitude towards autistic people. šŸ™ƒ

Reactions: 13
Loon, nutter, and lame are all ableist terms. I thought it was well known amongst most people not to use the word ā€˜lameā€™ anymore. But then she doesnā€™t seem to give a tit about that, given her attitude towards autistic people. šŸ™ƒ
And "barking mad" ... although when Carrie sings it half the audience think she's saying "bleeping mad"

Reactions: 15
And "barking mad" ... although when Carrie sings it half the audience think she's saying "bleeping mad"
Forgot about that one! šŸ¤¢
Zippel really is a wonderfully modern lyricist isnā€™t he?
I suppose barking mad rhymes with bad and sad and nutter rhymes with mutter, utter and gutter it was probably just too tempting when he was looking in his year 6 rhyming dictionary.

As for Carrieā€™s poor diction while singing weā€™ve been here before in Heathers. But of course itā€™s not her fault itā€™ll be the public again for mishearing.
Iā€™m remembering that lovely story thread she did about all the lyrics she personally has misheard over the years to justify her poor diction after someone asked her if the words were ā€˜heart of stoneā€™ rather than the actual lyric ā€˜hard as stoneā€™ in another of the Cinderella songs.

Reactions: 12
@Anon_moose - I'd love to know how Cinderella is being perceived by those in the industry... are you all on a similar mindset to us about it?
from the people I've talked to about it, yeah I'd say so. we all think the PR's been done awfully and the story sounds like a huge mess. I feel awful for the new names coming into the industry who'll have to say cinderella was their first show because honestly, we don't see it lasting very long - that being said the newcomers seem lovely and I only hope for the best for them

Reactions: 19
from the people I've talked to about it, yeah I'd say so. we all think the PR's been done awfully and the story sounds like a huge mess. I feel awful for the new names coming into the industry who'll have to say cinderella was their first show because honestly, we don't see it lasting very long - that being said the newcomers seem lovely and I only hope for the best for them
I guess another issue Cinderella has is that it was developed with Carrie in mind as the lead, and she's approaching it pretty much as playing herself: a mouthy woman who insists she's "not like the other girls." This fits her image perfectly but wouldn't work so well with another actress unless they're a similar type, which makes me question how long the show will last

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Carrie Hope ā€˜I Canā€™t Do a Nice Thing Without Then Bragging About It Onlineā€™ Fletcher

• Heart
Carrie has ruined Pink's new song for me. It's called 'All I Know So Far' and I like the song, but everytime I hear the song title I can't help but think it is the title of yet another of Carrie's books.

Reactions: 6
Not sure if this has been mentioned but do you think that Carrie will get her own car after shows now that she is ALWs star? šŸ¤”

Reactions: 2
Sheā€™ll not want to miss meeeting fans at the stage door, just so she can complain about how awful they are and lecture everyone about the correct way to behave.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Not sure if this has been mentioned but do you think that Carrie will get her own car after shows now that she is ALWs star? šŸ¤”
Donā€™t think sheā€™s famous enough for that! I believe cars are usually paid for by the artist (donā€™t quote me on that). In New York, I remember walking past a stage door while people were waiting for the cast to come out and a car was waiting on the road just outside. I have no idea who they were waiting for but it is usually the famous people that get the cars- everyone else just gets the tube home (or subway in US).

Reactions: 1
Donā€™t think sheā€™s famous enough for that! I believe cars are usually paid for by the artist (donā€™t quote me on that). In New York, I remember walking past a stage door while people were waiting for the cast to come out and a car was waiting on the road just outside. I have no idea who they were waiting for but it is usually the famous people that get the cars- everyone else just gets the tube home (or subway in US).
Random fun fact - when I stayed in New York a few years ago my hotel room looked down over the stage door and back entrance of the theatre when Sunset Boulevard was playing. I was in my room ill one day so was looking out the window and spotted huge crowds outside the stage door as Glenn Close was starring in the show. Unbeknownst to the waiting crowd, I spotted Glenn Close sneak out the back gate with her dog and get straight into the massive car that was waiting outside for her. The crowds stayed for another 30 minutes or so having not realised Glenn had already left.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.