Carrie Hope Fletcher #64 thinks she’s quirky, house is dirty, only woman to ever turn 30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw Heathers when leading veg was in it. I liked the show and songs but it was utterly ruined by the audience - to the point that I told people to not go see it. I haven't been back to try again because I was put off so badly by the screaming, cheering and whooping of the idiots around me.
Totally with you on that. Audiences can make or break a show. I hate at shows like dirty dancing people cheering/whooping/singing along etc.

Reactions: 8
All this Heathers audience talk has really put me off buying tickets for the tour. It’s a shame because I have been wanting to see it for a while but I would fuming if there were people in the audience being loud and ruining my viewing experience.

Reactions: 5
Analogies really aren’t her strong suit. Are they? You can tell she thought she was being soooooo clever and people weren’t having it. Love to see it!
Someone in the comments of one of the better worded posts about the situation instead used the example that "if you go to see a football match, you wouldn't join in on the pitch just because you know how to play too" which works much better.

I understand the point Carrie is trying to make but it gets muddied since most people don't know how to do dentistry and they don't think they have the skills to do it either - but every Tom, Dick and Harry thinks they're magically Shania Twain after a bevvy or three 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 20
She is American they scream, shout and holler in the cinema like the actors can hear them through the screen!! So I expect nothing less from her 🤬
As others mentioned, she’s Canadian.
And how much time have you spent in American cinemas? Because I’ve been going to them my whole life and have never once had anyone scream, shout, or holler?

I get Americans can be annoying but not a single thing in your post was correct.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Lol I can’t believe Joel can’t see what an idiot he looks reposting Carrie saying she doesn’t care who her husband is as long as their engagement ring is green!!!! Well she certainly kept her end of the deal up that’s for sure. She really doesn’t give a tit who she married.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
And how much time have you spent in American cinemas? Because I’ve been going to them my whole life and have never once had anyone scream, shout, or holler?

I get Americans can be annoying but not a single thing in your post was correct.
I’ve been to a three action movies in the US while on holidays and they absolutely did whoop, holler and talk at the screen. First ever time I went to see a Broadway show I had people around me running a personal commentary like they were watching the TV
I just presumed it was a cultural difference?
Not seen it at the cinema yet but I see we have the awful behaviour here in theatres.
Went to the US last spring and very respectful audiences. Maybe it depends on the movie/show.

Back to our leading Carrot:
Just checking out the Cadogan Hall tickets for her book thing. Hopefully a few coachloads will book, it’s looking awfully echoey in there. Ditto the Crown Jewels....

Reactions: 11

I have family that live in America I have been to the cinema lots over there and even single time I have gone it has happened!! Only thing I got wrong in that post was that she was Canadian.
Stop with passive aggression!!

Reactions: 14
Whenever someone mentions distrution in a movie theatre I think of all the footage from American Audiences watching End Game or this legend 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’ve been to a three action movies in the US while on holidays and they absolutely did whoop, holler and talk at the screen. First ever time I went to see a Broadway show I had people around me running a personal commentary like they were watching the TV
I just presumed it was a cultural difference?
Not seen it at the cinema yet but I see we have the awful behaviour here in theatres.
Went to the US last spring and very respectful audiences. Maybe it depends on the movie/show.

Back to our leading Carrot:
Just checking out the Cadogan Hall tickets for her book thing. Hopefully a few coachloads will book, it’s looking awfully echoey in there. Ditto the Crown Jewels....
That’s a great point. I have no way of knowing how people act in cinemas or theaters that I’m not in.
I apologize on behalf of rude Americans who ruin experiences for others.
I pinky promise we’re not all like that! 😬🤦🏼‍♀️
---
I have family that live in America I have been to the cinema lots over there and even single time I have gone it has happened!! Only thing I got wrong in that post was that she was Canadian.
As Carrie is the queen of passive aggression, and I never want to be like that, I really am sorry!

Reactions: 12
One of the cringy fake Disney Fletcher's t-shirt printed by No Neck Shrek for the holiday to WDW he was NOT invited to was worn again today by Buzz... 🤡😂🤡
Screenshot_20230409_215139_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I wonder what Carrie will do if people start singing when she is on her tour this year?
---
I saw Heathers when leading veg was in it. I liked the show and songs but it was utterly ruined by the audience - to the point that I told people to not go see it. I haven't been back to try again because I was put off so badly by the screaming, cheering and whooping of the idiots around me.
I saw it with Carrie in it and came out with a headache from all the screaming. Saw it again a few months later and she was off sick and saw her understudy, who was amazing and it definitely wasn’t as loud

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Odd because I have never been to a musical and heard other people singing 🤔 I do like to woop after a good song. Tbh even when I saw Heathers people didn't go crazy. The most ruckus I have heard was when there was a show stop in Newsies 😂
I'd be pissed though, especially if the show didn't go ahead.

Reactions: 4
The only problem I had with people singing at a show was Frozen, and it wasn't even kids, it was their drunk mum..

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Only differences I've noticed in America theatre compared to UK is Americans do applauded entrances (a little annoying but nothing disturbing as an audience member) and standing ovations at the end for pretty much every show, but then it's getting like that over here too.

Certainly nothing I'd class as bad or disrespectful behaviour.

Oh and on broadway the theatres open so close to show start you get these annoying queues in the street. London is a nicer experience in that regard.

Reactions: 2
Which was the entire point of your post. So you had that experience (or so you say)and that means everyone else is what, lying? You have family here? I've lived here my whole life, over 50 years, but I'm wrong? I was passive the first time I replied, now I'm past that. You made a generalization that you got called out for, just stop.

Reactions: 6
Lol I can’t believe Joel can’t see what an idiot he looks reposting Carrie saying she doesn’t care who her husband is as long as their engagement ring is green!!!! Well she certainly kept her end of the deal up that’s for sure. She really doesn’t give a tit who she married.
Well, it’s a known fact Carrie wanted to be married by 30. Oliver breaking up with her really set her back with her plans so she found the most eager bloke who was just as desperate as she was.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.