Carrie Hope Fletcher #64 thinks she’s quirky, house is dirty, only woman to ever turn 30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Slightly off topic, but - urgh, I've got tickets to Heathers (the touring one) and if people scream and throw stuff I will be really pissed off....

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Slightly off topic, but - urgh, I've got tickets to Heathers (the touring one) and if people scream and throw stuff I will be really pissed off....
They scream when Veronica and the heathers come on, during I say no then sometimes throw scrunches during curtain call

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I saw it a couple of weeks ago mainly screamed when the Heathers appeared otherwise they were fine. Lots in cosplay which was cool to see.

Reactions: 11
They scream when Veronica and the heathers come on, during I say no then sometimes throw scrunches during curtain call
I feel like screaming/applauding for an entrance is fine. i’ve seen plenty of celebrities on broadway where people scream for the entrances and then are fine and normal for the rest of the show.
what carrie doesn’t seem to understand is her line of work is a hobby that she’s lucky to get paid for—people are allowed to enjoy doing theatre without being a “professional.” it’s definitely not the same as trying your hand at dentistry. (ofc I agree with the initial issue at hand but the way she goes about contradicting things is just so ridiculous)
also she’s the ripe old age of 30, been working in theatre professionally for 10 years and STILL brags that she can’t read sheet music???

Reactions: 22
Danny Mac is right on the money. Too many performers making it all about them, and while it is disrespectful to the actors, it's MORE disrespectful to the people around them and to the FOH staff who get paid pennies to deal with it all.
I like this take. Performers are still getting paid regardless of what happens. The audience are the ones who are spending money and time on that night. This isn't a luxury every Tom, Dick and Harry can frequently spend on, especially in this economy.

I did a FOH stint for years (not at a theatre) and whilst the majority of audiences were lovely, I experienced verbal and physical abuse for things beyond my control (ie if an act was late or the queues were long for the bars). We got paid barely minimum wage. Met some utter arseholes who absolutely ruined the job for me. I was the one who had to deal with hideous people because my colleagues were waaay younger and couldn't deal with the amount of abuse they hurled at us. It's nice to see an actor actually stand up for all FOH workers rather than Little Miss Me Me Me and her stupid dentistry analogies.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I have to say that as FOH staff, it’s lovely to see the amount of people backing us and realising just how tough our job can be

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Danny Mac is right on the money. Too many performers making it all about them, and while it is disrespectful to the actors, it's MORE disrespectful to the people around them and to the FOH staff who get paid pennies to deal with it all.
This is great and what it’s about - glad he isn’t taking the opportunity to make it all about him and how he is a professional. Carrie is just so up her own arse,

Reactions: 25
I feel like people are more entitled now - it’s got worse since lockdown I’ve noticed too
100% up until recently worked public facing role and since the pandemic its definitely got worse. But I also blame the individualistic society that has been created in the last decade.

Reactions: 22
Hi Carrie! Since you agree that learning sheet music is an important skill to have, here you go!

Knowing how to read sheet music doesn’t mean you have “privilege” since there’s literally dozens of free videos on your own platform that teach you how to do it. So, what’s your excuse for not learning it?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
100% up until recently worked public facing role and since the pandemic its definitely got worse. But I also blame the individualistic society that has been created in the last decade.
Agreed, in my old job we noticed a big change in entitlement pre and post-pandemic.

As much as I feel for performers when the audience is being disrespectful (like someone using their mobile phone), most of my sympathy lies with FoH staff and other audience members

Reactions: 23
Even when her point is completely valid she still can't communicate it well.

Also, no its not just her fans at heathers, but that doesn't change anything. She really think none of the people there were her fans?! And of course she won't dare criticise heathers. She just can't accept any responsibility ever
And that is reason number 34688653578 my friend why Crabbie is a Narcissit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And so is her beloved HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As per No Neck Shrek description below...

Reactions: 10
When Carrie enters any discussion

This 😁 she loses even the tiniest point she’s trying to make by not being able to properly express herself and then always resorting to aggression and condescension. Every single time.

Reactions: 21
Agreed with FOH staff discussion, I was at a play yesterday and an elderly couple had taken a picture of their tickets incorrectly (just the barcode, no seat number but it was half cut off and taken from a distance so there was no way that the FOH staff could scan it) and they started screaming at the staff member who politely asked them to go to the box office where someone could print off their tickets for them so they could be scanned properly.

Sometimes I think FOH staff should be paid more than the performances, or at least have a bullshit tolerance pay - more than the Lead Carrot at least

• Sad
Reactions: 33
‘I’ve always insisted I’d have a green engagement ring though. I don’t care who my husband is, just a green engagement ring or I’m saying no’

Love Joel literally posting that his wife settled for him all because he got her a *green engagement ring 😂 😂

*And by green I assume she means emerald.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.