Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HorrifiedbyBabz

I'm so happy I found this thread!
I use to be a fan of hers, but over the past few years I've realised how self-centred she has become. I thought the whole relationship with her ex and then all of a sudden getting married to someone else has be really fast and a bit of a mind fuck with dates and timelines.
Several of her 'security' breaches have been her fault for being wayyy too open and I really think she needs media training.

She can come across so nice but you eventually see through that and in reality she seems like a massive dick.

Also came across these photos and I feel so uncomfortable.
Oh dear god I am new to the thread and have never seen this photos.

Reactions: 4

Ray1403

Chatty Member
This won't be a popular opinion....but I saw Jamie in Moulin Rouge recently and thought he was good, but definitely not great. He had zero chemistry with Satine, some of the set pieces totally overwhelm any kind of performance and his acting was fine at best. Part of that is the fault of the show, I think, rather than him. Moulin Rouge is a glorious, wonderful film but I (personally) don't think it works all that well as a musical. It also has that incredibly irritating habit of attracting audiences who are desperate to sing along 🙄

However, I can absolutely understand something like Once really working for Jamie. More emotional, more understated, less faff. I actually would have liked to see the show tbh, but fuck that at those prices plus travel. I've also seen Carrie in Les Mis....and she sounded pretty bloody good. I knew bugger all about her at the time - but she was genuinely great in the performance I saw. Shame about Carrie the person....
i’m going to see moulin rouge next week so this makes me nervous 👀

• Wow
  • Heart

ChrisMay

This is sooooo interesting to me as I have some insight into the condition.

First off: there are different types of bipolar. When most people think of that word, they think of bipolar type 1: this is where you have at least one episode of mania (this is very serious and can include psychosis) amongst several depressive episodes. There are other types though, where hypomania (milder symptoms) is instead experienced.

I'm curious whether she ever had a diagnosis in the end?

I'm reluctant to speculate too much about someone's mental health but I will say that impulsivity, acting aggressively/rudely, losing social inhibitions are all symptomatic of bipolar. Makes me sad to to consider it in the context of this thread.

Just jumping on here - when I tell someone I have bipolar they instantly think of type 1 where instead I have Cyclothymia which is pain because It was/has never taken as seriously on type 1 or 2

• Heart

TechnicallyNo

VIP Member
I see pro shot veronica (Ailsa) is also in rome at the moment
Oooh
This town ain’t big enough for the both of us vibes.
---
Can someone more educated in theatre tell me why it’s considered something to brag about that they didn’t rehearse for long?

If I’m going to spend money on a ticket, I’d like to know something is going to be good. So it just seems weird to me that they’re constantly going on about the fact they only rehearsed for five days?
What an amazing feat it was! How talented they must be to pull it all off in such a minuscule time frame! Yada yada yawn....

hereforthetea698

Oops, did Carrie a bit dirty with the screenshot there....

Anyway, I did have a point; when shilling Skin & Me, don't filter the absolute fuck out of your face! Jesus Christ, she practically looks like she could be whacked into Madame Tussaud's.

Sorry, I'll rephrase; where she could be STRANDED!!!! In the CAPTIAL of WAXWORKS!!!

Better.
Seeing this after just coming back from her stories about the wax work museum is KILLING ME🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

scottishgirl13

VIP Member
Even though we don’t personally know Carrie the concerns raised could be seen by those who do and can keep an extra eye on her well-being.

babygoats

Is it just a coincidence that her friends' stories that she has shared (Scott, that other guy) also use the phrase "so proud" several times? I don't think that's such a standard phrase to use 🤔

TechnicallyNo

VIP Member
I think this is quite a common opinion tbh. When you look at theatreboard and broadwayworld, both the broadway and London productions get criticisms of style over substance. And leads with no chemistry seem to be a regular comment too.
Not a theatre thread I know but I saw Derek Klena as Christian on Broadway and he positively oozed sex appeal. Moulin Rouge was great. Unpopular opinion I know but the dancing there seems on another level.
Anyone else notice that Oli and his lady are off on hols this morning too? I wonder if they bumped into the ‘happy couple’ on their way to Rome… That would’ve been a fun early morning Heathrow chance meeting 😬
wonder if this was time Carrie and Oli scheduled off pre breakup? 🤔
---
I haven't seen Jamie or Carrie on stage. Just wanted to say that the chemistry is extremely subjective. I've seen the same famous movie coupes appear over and over again in articles about couples with amazing chemistry and in articles about couples with no chemistry.

Basically to each their own. 😁

There's also so many different types of chemistry. Some require it to be sexual and sense loads of tension, others require a more platonic type. It depends. 😻
Trust me when I say when I saw them in Heathers JD looked more terrified of Veronica than the other way around. The terror on Jamie’s face when Carrie ‘broke into his bedroom’ will remain forever burned onto the back of my eyelids.
---
Yeah, Jamie had been working solidly for years but Heathers was the show that really boosted his profile.

I would hazard a guess he’s overtaken her in terms of fame with a younger audience. I knew about his 8 million on Tik tok but there’s this too.

‘In February 2022, Muscato's rendition of Meant to Be Yours from Heathers: The Musical entered the Spotify Viral Top 50 in 31 countries, Top 5 in 9 countries, and Top 1 in Canada and Australia thanks to a portion of the song becoming viral on the TikTok app.[35] Muscato himself also jumped on the trend, posting his own video with the sound.[36] The sound currently has over 130 thousand videos using it as of January 2023.[37]

Last edited:
  • Haha

Fifah1907

VIP Member
Also (sort of unrelated soz) but does anyone know if there’s a thread for the girl who plays Sven in frozen? Mikayla? I had a look but I couldn’t see one. I really like her and was wondering what other people think!

• Heart

TechnicallyNo

VIP Member
Didn't the parents go with the Fletchers to Disney as well. I find it odd that the parents want to go on holiday with them. I can understand it more if they were very elderly, but going on your daughters honeymoon just seems very odd. Whether you are a close family or not.
To be fair. Was it their honeymoon when it was booked? The parents didn’t even know they were getting married.
---
I looked up the theatre rates earlier and it said rentals started at £450 for theater seating.
That sounds super cheap to rent a theatre in London

Realitybites

VIP Member
I’ve just seen a video of Falling Slowly and the vocal is good from both. It’s also angled where you can see the piano (Booksntheatre on tiktok)

Sanctified

VIP Member
Sorry, this has probably been spoken about before but what is Husband of Sister of Tom Fletcher doing with Roxanne Pallette?!

View attachment 2025511

A male friend…10 years ago

They were in the same show together

bananapeacock

If anything, I expect they’ll call it a “mini-moon”.
Saw a fan post an insta story (which Joel reposted, of course) meeting him outside Once saying "enjoy your mini-moon in Rome" so assuming that's what it is. Putting money on a Disney World/Disney Cruise honeymoon... #ad #spon incoming...

• Sick