Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Has she changed her Once post? I’m sure she had one yesterday that said she was wobbly but proud of herself for playing or something like that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5

lablife54

You honestly think that if it is a honeymoon that they would be wanting to keep things more private instead of broadcasting it for people to see. I am reluctantly going to say that she does look happy in the photos but is it because she is on holiday than anything else? I wish that they would stop pulling odd faces for the camera a lot, that annoys me more than anything.
I don’t know if either of them have referred to it as their honeymoon, I think that’s mostly come from Tattle because it’s their first trip since the wedding. Another user posted that they thought it was booked before they were engaged, I certainly think it was booked before they decided to do the Gretna Green wedding.
If anything, I expect they’ll call it a “mini-moon”.

AvaKnight

Chatty Member
That’s the one I was thinking of! However, it looks like they stuck to the rehearsed Heathers performance and if that’s what was mutually agreed, there’s no issue there.

I think it’s easy to read it as Jamie was personally uncomfortable because he really leaned into the traumatised and abused aspect of JD’s character so flinching at her touch, looking wary and being hesitant in returning the kiss etc. was part of that. Maybe if there is a level of discomfort he has around Carrie and her flirty behaviour though, that helped with the performance of that?
Never seen that performance before - but he definitely pulls her in - well, that's how I see it - so I would say that was definitely an agreed move.
---
i’m going to see moulin rouge next week so this makes me nervous 👀
Nooo, don't be! I am an absolute die hard Moulin Rouge (film) fan so it was always going to be tricky, but everyone else I know that has seen it has really loved it. I was just a bit disappointed with Jamie as I expected more - but it did make me think that when people talk about his lack of chemistry with Carrie, I wouldn't say that's Carrie's fault. He does sing well, don't get me wrong, but he left me a bit meh. Will be interested to hear your thoughts after you've seen the show!

ShinyEspeon

Chatty Member
Slightly OT ish but productions have intimacy coaches for any scenes with kissing/sex etc and anything the actors do will have been agreed on in rehearsals between them with the coach and likely one of the directors present.

In terms of if Jamie would have any sway with her getting cast again if Carrie made her uncomfortable, only if she had done something truly atrocious. But even then many producers and directors are reluctant to blacklist anyone, even if they repeatedly assault people *gestures at whole industry*

Livvy22!

Chatty Member
Looks (from Joel’s reposts of stories) like Carrie was on her phone straight out of the stage door and that Joel/Scott did pics with fans. I don’t get the fans of CHF being fans of whoever she is dating (some of these super fans have IG pics with Oli).
Not a theatre thread I know but I saw Derek Klena as Christian on Broadway and he positively oozed sex appeal. Moulin Rouge was great. Unpopular opinion I know but the dancing there seems on another level.

wonder if this was time Carrie and Oli scheduled off pre breakup? 🤔
---

Trust me when I say when I saw them in Heathers JD looked more terrified of Veronica than the other way around. The terror on Jamie’s face when Carrie ‘broke into his bedroom’ will remain forever burned onto the back of my eyelids.
---

I would hazard a guess he’s overtaken her in terms of fame with a younger audience. I knew about his 8 million on Tik tok but there’s this too.

‘In February 2022, Muscato's rendition of Meant to Be Yours from Heathers: The Musical entered the Spotify Viral Top 50 in 31 countries, Top 5 in 9 countries, and Top 1 in Canada and Australia thanks to a portion of the song becoming viral on the TikTok app.[35] Muscato himself also jumped on the trend, posting his own video with the sound.[36] The sound currently has over 130 thousand videos using it as of January 2023.[37]
Derek Klena in Sunset Boulevard 😍

It does seem odd they are both off the same week but did they plan over a year in advance?

• Haha

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
What is she wearing? I know Rome means a lot of walking but those shoes with that dress 🤢
they appear to be Primark slipon trainers. I know because I was recently trying to replace my Primark trainers and for a long time all they had were these vile slip on things

cherryblossomlatte

Chatty Member
What I find really weird about him moving straight away is her claim that she needed somebody to look after Edgar when she wasn't there.
by that point she had been living alone for 3(?) months, I am sure someone was looking after Edgar when she was in her “look how hot I am Oliver, your loss, trips” So she is lying about that, what else is new?

lablife54

Honestly think the truth of the matter is that a big part of the draw for this performance of Once is that it's "reuniting London's original Veronica and JD!!" and Carrie is a bigger name than Jamie. If Carrie wasn't in it then Jamie wouldn't be in it either, they'd have found another West End leading lady and man to do it. I mean correct me if I'm wrong, I know Jamie was in ensembles before Heathers but I feel like Heathers was what really lifted his profile and it inexorably linked him to Carrie.

But hopefully the reviews and the fact that he's had a Palladium performance really push people to see him as an individual performer.

Shame to hear about Moulin Rouge being disappointing though- I saw it pre-cast change and really did not like the Christian I saw so was hoping Jamie would be miles better.
Yeah, Jamie had been working solidly for years but Heathers was the show that really boosted his profile.

And with regards to Moulin Rouge, for me Jamie is so much better than the original West End Christian, who I really did not like when I first saw the show, though I do have a bias having been a fan of Jamie since 2009.

Hurrem

VIP Member
I haven't seen Jamie or Carrie on stage. Just wanted to say that the chemistry is extremely subjective. I've seen the same famous movie coupes appear over and over again in articles about couples with amazing chemistry and in articles about couples with no chemistry.

Basically to each their own. 😁

There's also so many different types of chemistry. Some require it to be sexual and sense loads of tension, others require a more platonic type. It depends. 😻

TechnicallyNo

VIP Member
If Carrie’s character names are anything to go by, and if the Fletcher family are anything to go by, the baby would be named something fucking ridiculous
Aubergine
Limescale
Pontius
Or just go for the obvious narc route and name them after themselves?

Reactions: 4

switzerland010

Moulin rouge is my favourite film of all time
I liked the musical but it’s nothing like the film
It’s like a lot of jukebox musicals in that it’s more style over substance
But the set/atmosphere/costumes are very impressive
I saw the original WE Christian - I liked his voice but don’t think their chemistry was great (but they change Staines character quite a bit)

Realitybites

VIP Member
Exactly. They would need to speak to Carrie herself as they would need a statement from her?
They’d need to take a statement and have proof of any direct threats. Also what’s she’s done to try and safeguard any threats (aka block). Cannot see any police officer wasting their time doing all that.