Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gossipygal

I saw Moulin Rouge before the cast change and the lead guy was insanely good! Satine had an epic voice but wasn't a good actor. I feel like a lot of west end is now primarily about the vocals and the acting is almost irrelevant, which is a shame. Although OT but Jodie Steele in Bonnie and Clyde is hilariously fantastic
Jamie Bogyo!! I saw him too, he was incredible. My mind was blown when I found out it was his first musical theatre role. He owned that role

Reactions: 1

Maryalice

coming from a tiny slavic country, english speaking actors can, at best (see jodie comer) do a good russian accent. there is a lot of nuance between slavic languages, and doing a russian accent when it's meant to be czech is as if i were asked to do an english accent in my native tongue, and instead ended up doing a shitty german one. i am dreading the moment when we get video proof of this linguistic massacre.
Yeah, everytime I see someone who supposed to be Polish in any movie, they are always sound Russian. And it’s not even that similar