Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Morana

So this is a bit personal but here goes and it also explains why I despise Carrie's victimism so much.

I'm not on LinkedIn, I've been told by multiple recruiters I've crossed path with in work that it's a miracle I found a job without it.
But I had some bad experiences in my life and I'm traumatized at the idea that if I put my name, photo and current job there, anyone can know exactly where to find me.
So I sacrifice something (more visibility to further my career - I can only find a job if I look and apply for it myself) for something else (peace of mind and a sense of safety).

If Carrie had real talent, she could be successful with a very limited public account (I understand it's impossible to be completely off the grid in her job) : sharing a few headshots occasionally when getting new ones, promoting her shows, posting really big news and that's it.
She decides to share all the shit that should be kept private, maybe to seem more friendly, down to earth and approachable, or to gain more simpathy and increase her audience. She decides to put herself at risk, she should not be wasting police's time when she should know better than to share that info in the first place.

I mean ffs, I'm not famous and I refused to let my mom photograph the front of my house when I moved and send it to her friends because I didn't want a bunch of people to know exactly where I lived.

Be smarter, it saves time and resources (police) that should be available for other things. Not for a stupid influencer that cannot keep her fucking mouth shut.

Rant over. 🙅🏻‍♀️🙅🏻‍♀️
This is not victim shaming. This is what the Italians would call 'Help yourself so God can also help you'. I'm curious if there's an English saying with the same concept.
I very much agree with you. I also feel like in the no victim shaming dialogue, which is undisputably a very valid message, some people forget to use their common sense.

Which is what is happening with Carrie.
She has all the power and decision making, there is not really any power imbalances that's preventing her from choosing whatever she wants/needs.
She has several safety nets that she can use to exit whatever situation she finds risky or detrimental to her well being.

So fucking girl boss it Carrie, have a think and decide on a long term strategy that you can live with.
Preventing, not curing is literally the first line of defense that's attempted in so many things. How about trying some of that instead of doing the tired ~we've tried nothing, so we'll make it everyone else's problem now~ routine.

And we have a similar saying in Croatian, one of my grandma's favourites. Guard yourself and I will guard you (I being God).

Common fucking sense in every language.
In conclusion Carrie, you're not a victim, you're just dumb.

P.s. Sorry for the tacked on rant, I guess I was inspired 🙈

Reactions: 7

DaisySims89

VIP Member
Like the whatsonstage awards😂
---

the musicians will have been fine. It’s usual for them to turn up last. Carrie has no such excuse she was cast last November.
Although for the WoS awards Carrie & Joel were off getting hitched 😉

This time Carrie has no excuse
She's a professional performer, she should know by now how to manage nerves
Or she should have actually put some extra effort in - take piano lessons or meet with a dialect coach

Reactions: 7

shakeygal

True. Same goes for Oliver and Alessia, to be fair. Longer holidays than Carrie & Joel have had, too
I was starting to think maybe there was something wrong with me and my boyfriend 😂. We’ve been together since last May and we’ve had one weekend away and one 5 day holiday together, in the entire time we’ve been together.

Did I miss a memo?

Reactions: 6

Annyct

Uh, he was good. Before he started his bunny boiler behaviour everyone on the thread agreed he was talented. We are allowed to say positive things here from time to time y’know… And as you weren’t there last night, your opinion isn’t gospel. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I said the same when I saw him a few weeks ago and got the same fesponse

• Heart
  • Haha

RunRunRun

Chatty Member
i’m going to see moulin rouge next week so this makes me nervous 👀
I saw Moulin Rouge recently and the understudy played Christian as Jamie wasn’t there. He was fab and played the part so well, plenty of chemistry with Satine. So you might get lucky! 😂

Here_Hold_My_Hat

We’ve talked about Joe(l) reminding us of Joe from You. Having just seen the last half of the season, the wedding is absolutely how I imagine Carrie.

• Haha

Here_Hold_My_Hat

(I doubt that the "Fletcher" part of the name will be allowed to drop, she is going to want there to be a permanent reminder of the "celebrity" pedigree that the kid has)
Don’t you mean HE is going to want there to be a permanent reminder of the celebrity pedigree?

• Haha

disneys

VIP Member
HAHA as a regular lurker of the Brogan Tate thread this comment made me belly laugh! What do you think @disneys, who’s the better Disney vlogging couple? Brogie and Benj or Carrie and Shrek? 😭🤣
I think neither of them should quit their day jobs …. Oops 😬 too late !!!

• Haha

Ea6

Someone can definitely link and explain better but for now….
Back in January they went to Disneyland Paris and then to Iceland for two days. The night before they were supposed to fly from Paris to Iceland their flight was cancelled. Nevertheless, they went to the airport… and proceeded to give us a play by play of how they were “STRANDED in the CAPTIAL of France” with only 150 euro offered from the airline for one night at a hotel. They were forced to spend the day in Paris before heading on to Iceland.
---

They haven’t actually called this a honeymoon though right? Since their trips to celebrate her birthday and engagement went into January, perhaps this is a Christmas gift.
Here are the tweets

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Heart

lablife54

Someone said on theaterboard that Carrie was positioned AWAY from the audience when playing the piano. Anyone else think she was faking it haha
From the context of what they said in their post (and my own experience from the matinee), they meant she had her back to the audience. At least from the stage left side of the audience, you could see her playing the keys but couldn’t see her face and expressions during what is a very emotional song. You could see more of her from stage right.