Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mognoms

Genuine question, if hypothetically Jamie was made mega uncomfortable by Carrie being cast in something opposite him (or anyone, not just them, I suppose) could he then pull out of the production or sway the director's opinion on whether or not they should cast the other person? "They make me hugely uncomfortable, they feel me up, they're unprofessional in a Lea Michelle way, I won't work with that person, please find someone else" for example

Reactions: 2

Quite Contrary

VIP Member
I don’t know if either of them have referred to it as their honeymoon, I think that’s mostly come from Tattle because it’s their first trip since the wedding. Another user posted that they thought it was booked before they were engaged, I certainly think it was booked before they decided to do the Gretna Green wedding.
If anything, I expect they’ll call it a “mini-moon”.
Actual honeymoon with be Disney World 🤣

• Sick

sun_and_stars

I bet you any amount of money they’re going everywhere going ‘THIS IS OUT HONEYMOON’ on the scrounge for freebies

Queens

Didn’t Carrie and Jamie perform it at a YouTube event (Summer in the City?) or something similar when it was completely out of costume and out of the show context? To me, that’s where it would be potentially inappropriate and not necessarily expected.
This one?

Livvy22!

Chatty Member
No they haven’t said it’s a honeymoon, but even so as the first holiday as a married couple you’d think you’d want it to be just you and your new spouse….
Completely agree. My sarcasm didn’t come across well.

Queens

That’s the one I was thinking of! However, it looks like they stuck to the rehearsed Heathers performance and if that’s what was mutually agreed, there’s no issue there.

I think it’s easy to read it as Jamie was personally uncomfortable because he really leaned into the traumatised and abused aspect of JD’s character so flinching at her touch, looking wary and being hesitant in returning the kiss etc. was part of that. Maybe if there is a level of discomfort he has around Carrie and her flirty behaviour though, that helped with the performance of that?
Yeah, I agree with you. I think it might be a misconception that stemmed from her post laughing about the time she jumped him early in rehearsals?

Maybe the discourse from that (which she was wrong to do) has morphed into people misremembering her kissing him on stage when it wasn’t choreographed? I see him playing the awkwardness of JD and pulling her in for the kiss on this video too.

weelyns

Genuine question, if hypothetically Jamie was made mega uncomfortable by Carrie being cast in something opposite him (or anyone, not just them, I suppose) could he then pull out of the production or sway the director's opinion on whether or not they should cast the other person? "They make me hugely uncomfortable, they feel me up, they're unprofessional in a Lea Michelle way, I won't work with that person, please find someone else" for example
They can certainly voice their concerns and I imagine the creative team would be expected to find a way to put sufficient safeguards in place. It’s probably likely if the complainant had more clout (e.g. was the bigger box office draw), or if there was direct proof of problematic behaviour that would be majorly bad PR for the production, then replacing the co-star would be a viable option. Otherwise I expect it’s a case of whether the job is worth enduring it for the duration of the contract.

daisymay30

JUST. SAY. ITALY

Unless you’re staying over in Pompeii, you’re going to Italy. Stop separating the two you fucking moron

It’s like saying ‘We’re going to London and Stonehenge’ as if they’re not in the same country
I don’t see what’s wrong with specifying the two, tbh.