Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Beamofdespair

I was at the matinee. I went mainly for Jamie who delivered a great accent with his usual fabulous vocals. Carrie was imo solid. Her accent wasn’t amazing but it wasn’t cringe inducing. Not strong enough to play the part in a long run but fine for the evening. I wasn’t sure if she was playing the piano as I was at the side of the stalls so hard to tell. But I heard one slip in the notes and if it was a prerecord I’m sure they would have used one that was note perfect. Her vocals were good and her voice is sounding on really good form to me.

The theatre was full and they got a huge standing ovation. Plus absolute chaos at the stage door. She ran to catch up with him as security accompanied them from the theatre and she couldn’t keep up with the stride Jamie put on to escape the crowds. (Which had leaked into the road and was causing issues for the cars). At the end of the day shows have to be profitable so as much as there are others more suited to the role, I honestly don’t think it will be seen as a flop for her.

Edit: adding the snap of the stage door I took as they came out. You kinda see them filming the crowd if you zoom in.
It’s such a shame she can’t enjoy and embrace this.

Reactions: 3

mxllie2012

I’ve found some clips of Once on Tiktok, was Carrie meant to sing in a Czech accent or something??? It just sounds weird to me

DaisySims89

VIP Member
I know absolutely nothing about MT. I don't know Once. But her outfit just looks like her everyday mismatched ill-fitting, scruffy clothes. Was this supposed to be a "costume"!?
I don't think she would have been allowed to just wear anything. She could have either been given some outlines with some degree of creative freedom or the clothes were provided for her as a costume
I am pretty sure she owns a similar dress though 😂

Either way, it's not as bad as the Treason costumes

meelottie

I have spent a total of 1 day in Disney parks, and from the looks of their reels that's all I need 😴

Realitybites

VIP Member
Yeah, Jamie had been working solidly for years but Heathers was the show that really boosted his profile.

And with regards to Moulin Rouge, for me Jamie is so much better than the original West End Christian, who I really did not like when I first saw the show, though I do have a bias having been a fan of Jamie since 2009.
I saw half of the show with the original WE Christian (had to cancel second half due to flood backstage). When I went back to watch a second time had the understudy- thought the U/S was ten times better. The original was very wooden in his acting.

londongirl2001

VIP Member
while our globe trotters are somewhere getting stuck!!! in the captial of roman empire!!!! i'd like to add to the wonderful bingo card:
- shoving their hands in the bocca della verità and other roman holiday references
- complaining about the amount of walking they did (carrie getting blisters from the doc martens)
- complaining about the weather ("i thought it was warm in the south" 🤪)
- whining about missing edward whenever they encounter a cat. which will be all. the. time.
- being surprised to learn juliet's balcony is not in rome
- being annoyed at the crowds at fontana di trevi
All of these are great, but the last two made me laugh :D

• Haha

Ray1403

Chatty Member
Never seen that performance before - but he definitely pulls her in - well, that's how I see it - so I would say that was definitely an agreed move.
---

Nooo, don't be! I am an absolute die hard Moulin Rouge (film) fan so it was always going to be tricky, but everyone else I know that has seen it has really loved it. I was just a bit disappointed with Jamie as I expected more - but it did make me think that when people talk about his lack of chemistry with Carrie, I wouldn't say that's Carrie's fault. He does sing well, don't get me wrong, but he left me a bit meh. Will be interested to hear your thoughts after you've seen the show!
i’m going on the 22nd so will report back! moulin rouge is one of my favourite films and i need to get rid of the idea that anyone will live up to ewan mcgregor 😂

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
I always thought it was everything was nice about the person...but their face. Came from being directed at women specifically, "everything is nice about her, "butter" face" - became butters. That's what I've seen/read!
---
Ahh, good old 2004 Urban Dictionary 🤣 tbf I think it's probably evolved now.
Ah, fair enough! I've never heard it in the original context.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
From 4.30 onwards is when she talks about her address being shared (in 2019) online and how a Teacher alerted her to the fact!

Cd1313

Pontius Proud is fucking brilliant
😂😂😂
---
Could also see her going down the Marius route. Did you know she's been in Les Mis?

Marius George is my guess
Sounds like Curious George and now I cannot unsee it lol

• Haha
Reactions: 2

ohdearyme1029

I feel mean but this has to be one of the worst photos I’ve seen of her?! It doesn’t even look like her to me. I get that the sun is in her eyes but she looks so different, and not in a good way. Her smile is a grimace lately. Her hair looks particularly dry and frizzy 8 am desperate to slap a hair mask on that. It also doesn’t suit her skin tone- with her blonde hair she used to look more “sun kissed” even when she was pale.
just realised this a screenshot of a video- I admit that a screenshot of a video wouldn’t exactly be flattering 😂

Reactions: 2