Carrie Hope Fletcher #61 Tom Fletcher’s sister

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t check Tattle for a couple of days and there is a new bloomin thread already!! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
To catch people up, Carrie & Joel are currently in Rome on "honeymoon". They're visiting all the tourist hotspots which apparently makes them "history geeks"
They are also going to Pompeii where they will meet up with Carrie's parents. Romantic!
Also Carrie can't spell "colosseum" 😂

Before they left Carrie performed in the concert version of Once after rehearsing for 5 days
She kept posting on Instagram saying that she was nervous to play the piano in front of so many people, which made Tattlers ask why she did not start preparing sooner.
Reviews didn't really mention Carrie a lot, it seemed co-star Jamie Muscato got most of the attention. Her Czech accent seemed passable.

Apparently Joel met with police in regards to malicious comments they have been receiving since they announced their marriage. It's unknown what became of it, but they are still making posts sharing their location in Rome so I suppose lesson not learnt.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Ugh I’m already dreading them going to Pompeii where I’m sure at least one of these two things will happen:

1. Overly posed pictures of Carrie trying to look solemn and reflective with a pretentious para about how ‘desperately sad and utterly overwhelmed with emotion’ she is about being there. The usual over flowery, romanticised way she talks about things.

2. Villiage idiot faces while also pretending to be super interested in the history like the true “geeks” they claim to be 🤓 😒

There is also a third wild card option which makes me the most annoyed to think about.

3. Just using it as a box ticking exercise in their quest to try and become a relevant and cultured influencer couple without actually caring about being there at all or acknowledging their privilege at being able to go.

🖕

Reactions: 38
I’m really confused why their parents are joining them for Pompeii only. It’s an amazing place to see but it’s not really a ‘go for several days’ type of site

Reactions: 28
I’m really confused why their parents are joining them for Pompeii only. It’s an amazing place to see but it’s not really a ‘go for several days’ type of site
Maybe because there's less to do than Rome, she realised she'd have to spend actual alone time with Joel and needed to run interference.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Another thread? Seriously? 🤨

Re: their "super geeky" trip to Rome, my absolutely not even slightly geeky mother visited the same sights. I mean, probably every tourist in Rome does to be honest. 🤷‍♀️

Also, I liked the outfit that was discussed in the last thread. Absolutely something I would wear.

Reactions: 9
Carrie’s thoughts on the Once performance:

View attachment 2030302 View attachment 2030303
There's a lot to say about this but two things stand out - firstly, surely it's unprofessional to say that nerves got hte better of you just the day after the show when people paid a lot of money for it? Saying vaguely "sometimes I get nervous and don't give my best performances" as a general rule, not tied to a specific show, seems fine to me but this is odd.

Secondly, why does she note they had to be off book? It's been a long time and I only worked in fringe theatre briefly in London but it was pretty much only workshops or read throughs where performers would have the script - not full (highly paid) performances. Surely that's the baseline!

Reactions: 40
I'm still a bit confused about them saying they are going to Pompeii. It's a fascinating place to go, but you literally go for a day and do the tour and then go back to where you're staying surely. You don't stay in Pompeii, do you?? Maybe I'm just an ignorant tourist who went there for a day whilst staying in Naples and Sorrento, what do I know?

Reactions: 33
I absolutely adore the title of this thread, because it’s a reminder every time she opens Tattle that the most relevant thing about her, is her brother.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.