Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Slightly OT ish but productions have intimacy coaches for any scenes with kissing/sex etc and anything the actors do will have been agreed on in rehearsals between them with the coach and likely one of the directors present.

In terms of if Jamie would have any sway with her getting cast again if Carrie made her uncomfortable, only if she had done something truly atrocious. But even then many producers and directors are reluctant to blacklist anyone, even if they repeatedly assault people *gestures at whole industry*
Intimacy coordinators are still a fairly new thing though and most productions don’t have them, film or theatre. In most cases it’s still the director who coordinates the scenes :)

Reactions: 7

Realitybites

VIP Member
Are they just staying in Rome or heading down towards the Naples area for Pompeii? They’re a bit of a distance apart. Can see them moaning about being on a bus/car all day

• Haha

Samwise

The way she puts her hand out and almost forces him to walk over 🤣 then she keeps moving her hand to reinforce the point. It comes across as desperate. Sorry 🤷‍♀️
Seen Heathers twice now with two different casts and this is definitely just what happens in the show 😅

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
This won't be a popular opinion....but I saw Jamie in Moulin Rouge recently and thought he was good, but definitely not great. He had zero chemistry with Satine, some of the set pieces totally overwhelm any kind of performance and his acting was fine at best. Part of that is the fault of the show, I think, rather than him. Moulin Rouge is a glorious, wonderful film but I (personally) don't think it works all that well as a musical. It also has that incredibly irritating habit of attracting audiences who are desperate to sing along 🙄

However, I can absolutely understand something like Once really working for Jamie. More emotional, more understated, less faff. I actually would have liked to see the show tbh, but fuck that at those prices plus travel. I've also seen Carrie in Les Mis....and she sounded pretty bloody good. I knew bugger all about her at the time - but she was genuinely great in the performance I saw. Shame about Carrie the person....
I'm in agreement. I have seen him in two productions in Bend It Like Beckham and Lazarus and in both he had zero chemistry with his love interest.I have often wondered if he is gay and struggles to act/fake this. He's not the worst performer by any rate but when I saw his performances he always came across as rather wooden so am wondering if he has improved his skills since then.
---
I know absolutely nothing about MT. I don't know Once. But her outfit just looks like her everyday mismatched ill-fitting, scruffy clothes. Was this supposed to be a "costume"!?
From what I know of the film she is supposed to be poor and dresses eclectially - usually they put her in some kind of floral skirt. wooy tights and mens jacket

geniefromdownunder

Okay, finally caught up.

I posted this in the last thread (which is still getting votes - thanks fam!) link below:

And not that anyone is surprised, these are the results so far:

1678767720681.png

• Heart

DaisySims89

VIP Member
I've done smaller fringe shows where the rehearsal period was a week, and I've worked on a film that was shot in a week (it was early 2022 when Covid cases were up again and we had decided to cancel the season and film the show instead). But these were all smaller productions, not a large scale concert with name draws like Carrie and Jamie.

And the thing is - even though our rehearsal periods on those fringe shows were short, the cast were still preparing outside of those rehearsals. They did zoom sessions where they'd go through the script and the music together. They'd watch and listen to recordings of the show. They'd practice their choreography, their songs, and THEIR ACCENTS.

The difference is just that Carrie is unprofessional and of course she would boast that they put together a show in five days. She barely did any work during those five days and complained to her subscribers on Instagram the whole time 🙄

Edit to add: I think it also speaks of a lack of passion for what she does? If she really cared - she would be putting in the hours before rehearsals. She would be excited to give piano a go again, and she'd be posting about watching the film and crying. But she just does the bare minimum with every role, and I think she doesn't do any work outside of rehearsals because that's not paid time.
You've perfectly put into words about how I feel, thanks 😂

In the photos she's posted she just looks like herself, I know that it's a concert version but you'd expect some characterisation right?
Also her hair looks terrible still

I don't think she really cares about theatre anymore and this isn't the first time it's been noticed

About her outfit in Rome, I am one for wearing dresses and trainers but as usual Carrie still looks frumpy

The photo of her and Joel is nice but they could post all the normal selfies in the world, their behaviour makes them ugly to me

Last edited:

weelyns

This one?

That’s the one I was thinking of! However, it looks like they stuck to the rehearsed Heathers performance and if that’s what was mutually agreed, there’s no issue there.

I think it’s easy to read it as Jamie was personally uncomfortable because he really leaned into the traumatised and abused aspect of JD’s character so flinching at her touch, looking wary and being hesitant in returning the kiss etc. was part of that. Maybe if there is a level of discomfort he has around Carrie and her flirty behaviour though, that helped with the performance of that?

DaisySims89

VIP Member
Oops we both created a new thread at the same time 🤣

I messed up the title on mine so have asked for it to be deleted

fxckmanet

Chatty Member
I just decided to play Sims 4 (don’t judge 🙈) and randomly searched to see if anyone had created Carrie!
I have to share as I am howling 😂
This has made me want to make our Caz in the Sims, I swear all sims in the gallery are crusty at best

• Haha

sansa stark

Genuine question, if hypothetically Jamie was made mega uncomfortable by Carrie being cast in something opposite him (or anyone, not just them, I suppose) could he then pull out of the production or sway the director's opinion on whether or not they should cast the other person? "They make me hugely uncomfortable, they feel me up, they're unprofessional in a Lea Michelle way, I won't work with that person, please find someone else" for example
Honestly think the truth of the matter is that a big part of the draw for this performance of Once is that it's "reuniting London's original Veronica and JD!!" and Carrie is a bigger name than Jamie. If Carrie wasn't in it then Jamie wouldn't be in it either, they'd have found another West End leading lady and man to do it. I mean correct me if I'm wrong, I know Jamie was in ensembles before Heathers but I feel like Heathers was what really lifted his profile and it inexorably linked him to Carrie.

But hopefully the reviews and the fact that he's had a Palladium performance really push people to see him as an individual performer.

Shame to hear about Moulin Rouge being disappointing though- I saw it pre-cast change and really did not like the Christian I saw so was hoping Jamie would be miles better.

Must42

The pantomime that Carrie was in (which feels like a lifetime ago now if I’m honest) had been nominated for best pantomime (over 900 seats) in the UK Pantomime awards and she has been nominated for best newcomer, but not best villain.
---
I genuinely never believe people when they say Carrie is good in anything because any clip or still I’ve seen of her in anything has been absolutely appalling
I’ve seen her in Les Mis, Addams, Christmasaurus and Heathers.
Les Mis was by far her best performance, but I enjoyed Heathers because she has a good belt and it’s a really fun show!

onmygroan

Nah she'll end up calling it something like Meryfindor or Persophone, Luna for girls

And for boys something like Barnicus or apollo or even Atlas
Technically it should be Proserpina if they go with Roman names, but I doubt the ‘most geekiest’ Carrie and Joel know there’s a difference.