Carrie Hope Fletcher #5 Only Her, Moany Her

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys, I just found a poem written by a Hopeful (is that what they're called?) to Carrie and it's so cringe. It also seems to be written by a depressed 13 year old girl who has no ability to write poetry. Her fanbase genuinely make me feel uncomfortable!
hi.. sorry, in my opinion, I don’t really feel comfortable discussing a fan’s action that is not harmful to anyone. If Carrie had any reaction about it, I think it would be fun to talk about it here. Or if it’s Carrie herself who wrote the poem, that ability would be very much up for criticism. Not a fan’s though, no matter how cringeworthy. I don’t know... :unsure:

Reactions: 13
The TikTok where she is ‘hilariously’ taking the piss out of the new Cinderella song is irony.
Like if she could only put this amount of energy into ‘acting through song’ any ballad she sings it would be a start.
Instead she will arrange her face into what she thinks is an expression of heartbroken devastation - which of course to us is actually her usual ‘go-to constipated face’
Who is approving this marketing?
Taking the piss out of a song that the public haven’t even seen onstage yet is a bold bold move
Oh using a wine bottle as a mic, showing us how grown up you are Carrie?! 🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 1
As it has been said before, i think it is just an outwards reflection of how her personality has changed. She has became a more spiteful, sad person and it really ages her. I have a feeling she might have some emotional eating issues (no shame on this btw! I have bulimia and have suffered with emotional eating) which got worse in 2018 as she got a lot hate when she was in Heathers, leading her to gain more weight.
Yes I agree! It seems to be around the time she left Addams I really noticed it!

It absolutely shows in her face and has aged her. I genuinely forget she's only 28, she looks so much older. I'm not weight shaming but I don't think she pulls off the extra weight well. She seems to be really hung up about it but doesn't seem to do much about it. I'm not saying she should be the same size she was at 21. I'm a bit heavier than I was at that age but try and be healthy, etc. Carrie isn't healthy and it shows.

She talks/shares stuff promoting body confidence but it's very obvious that she's not happy.

She seems to be one of those people who complains yet does nothing to change it. I'm sure I vaguely recall her getting told by her doctor that she needed to loose weight but she just got angry and shouty about it. She has blamed it as a side effect of the pill. I used to take anti depressants and whilst weight gain was a side effect, I had to eat healthy to loose it.

**I'm not fat shaming or anything, just generally discussing**

Reactions: 2
The TikTok where she is ‘hilariously’ taking the piss out of the new Cinderella song is irony.
Like if she could only put this amount of energy into ‘acting through song’ any ballad she sings it would be a start.
Instead she will arrange her face into what she thinks is an expression of heartbroken devastation - which of course to us is actually her usual ‘go-to constipated face’
Who is approving this marketing?
Taking the piss out of a song that the public haven’t even seen onstage yet is a bold bold move
I cringed so much when she turned and her glasses were half off, why would you leave that in?😂

hi.. sorry, in my opinion, I don’t really feel comfortable discussing a fan’s action that is not harmful to anyone. If Carrie had any reaction about it, I think it would be fun to talk about it here. Or if it’s Carrie herself who wrote the poem, that ability would be very much up for criticism. Not a fan’s though, no matter how cringeworthy. I don’t know...
Seconded!

She isn't even that big. Thing is she goes on about it so much that's she's kinda spoken it into being. It's really not unusual for someone (especially women) to be a bit bigger at 28 than they were at 21. She's maybe not the picture of health but she has the stamina to be in a show, go on regular walks and runs and jump nonstop on a trampoline for over an hour. That's more than some people who are smaller than her.

I feel bad for her that's she's so hung up on her weight tbh.

Reactions: 3
I agree, I'm not as trim as I was when I was 21. I'm turning 30 this year but definitely a little heavier than I was. I try to keep active, I'm not the healthiest but I'm probably the most comfortable I've ever been.

My issue is that Carrie isn't happy and I don't feel sorry for her. She's publicly been quite open with her skinny shaming. She tries to make out that she's bigger than she is which confuses me to no end. She's probably a size 14 not a 26 which is what you'd think the way she goes on about it!

I think it's mainly if she just honest about how she really feels, it would make more sense and be more relatable. I don't think it's healthy for her young and impressionable fan base to her constantly sharing body positivity when she's clearly desperately unhappy with her own. Then, makes it that she's the opposite, constantly flicking backwards and forwards.

Also, shaming those thinner than her. She was a 8-10 once. I feel like her skinny shaming stems from insecurity and jealously.

Reactions: 5
Yes definitely. I know people who have gained a more significant amount of weight than her who talk about it in a really healthy way. They allow space for kindness, insecurity, neutrality and positivity. Being a human is hard! And your body changing in any direction can be really difficult to accept, and it's okay to talk about that. Doesn't make you weak, it actually makes you way more relatable and powerful.

I think its definitely the inside now being reflected on the outside. She does look bigger than she actually is and I think a lot is down to how she dresses but also how she carries herself, posture etc.

She doesn’t dress for her shape at all. She wears clothes that age her too and I’ve said it before and I will continue to say - short hair ages her.

I see Carrie's responded to that tiktok video claiming she blocks people to protect her mental health.

Pretty poor explanation. Just stay off social media! It's not hard!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh shock...an influencer using mental health to explain away bad behaviour

Reactions: 14
She simply isn’t going to survive Cinderella with this approach to her social media. That TikTok reply is ridiculous.

Reactions: 12
She simply isn’t going to survive Cinderella with this approach to her social media. That TikTok reply is ridiculous.
No she isn't! She's playing the mental health card to gain sympathy. Thankfully there's a few comments calling her out on her BS. The rest are just licking her arse!

She definitely reads here - hi Carrie.
Of course she does, she loved GG 🤣

She said she has a policy of blocking everyone even remotely mentioning anything about her being off because she's sick of the people guilting her with photos of their crying children. Why have a blanket policy on that? How can she not see that this is a bad strategy when she ends up blocking long time fans who post well-meaning messages that are nothing like the spiteful posts? Does it not take longer for her to block all these than to just ignore them? There's probably a few actual spiteful posts among hundreds of totally ok ones. I don't agree that she should not be on SoMe, because I think the freaking adults who guilt her like that are vomit-inducingly out of line, and I don't think people with big followings should have to deal with any of that. However, blocking everyone is not a solution. Maybe she should have a business SoMe and a private one. God knows her private content is boring as hell anyway. Or hire someone to use her SoMe who are more distanced from the hate. Not that she seems to get much hate. Whenever I search her name on Twitter, 96% is positive.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Yeah, I almost mentioned that and deleted it. But that's exactly what is concerning. It feels less like 'if' than a 'when'. Maybe that's harsh but just given how lackluster most people have found Bad Cinderella before it's even opened - if it opens - I honestly don't see the reviews being better than a lukewarm reaction. And I think Carrie will spiral at any negativity, especially with Oliver presumably doing well in Frozen.
At first I was worried that she'd be too harsh on herself as a result but the more I think of it, she strikes me as the kind of person who would lash out at everyone else instead 😬
I agree with this. Ivano as a young, talented, attractive newcomer will get a lot of positive attention - which Carrie likely won't respond well to, since she doesn't seem to like his being billed as co-lead of the show. All the music we've heard so far is pretty poor, and since the show's marketing has focused pretty much exclusively on Carrie, the potential audience isn't being given much else of a reason to see it. That's a lot of pressure to put on any leading lady

Carrie, if you have to turn off comments on a post of you explaining your attitude to blocking people on social media, maybe that’s a red flag that it’s not a good plan/outlook😂

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.