Carrie Hope Fletcher #5 Only Her, Moany Her

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t believe how many people have tagged her in that TikTok. She doesn’t react well to things like this so she may well respond. Reading that girl’s original tweet, I can see why she blocked her. Carrie cannot handle comments like that, she gets massively triggered by people expressing disappointment about her sick days lol.
Yeah, I do support this girl, but having read the tweet she wrote, I can see why Carrie got irritated, because the wording was a bit unfortunate, making the "get well" at the end seem sarcastic/ingenuine - at least in Carrie's mind, which is always in the mode of "I'm being attacked". Also, I do very much understand Carrie hating that people tweet her angrily because she's off. People could simply write "get well", or nothing at all. This sort of message is meant well, though - not like that woman who had a go at her because her child was so upset because she couldn't see Carrie. She shouldn't block the ones that mean well.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Love the hypocrisy of her stans being all like "maybe she was having a bad day, it was just a misunderstanding" and then telling this girl that she's rude and they would have blocked her too and being a bit nasty. This girl was disappointed and tweeted something with clumsy wording, but only Carrie is allowed a bad day or any ounce of understanding and empathy. If your fans are a reflection of you this really isn't a good look.

Yeah the tweet this girl sent looked like it was sent very quickly, presumably just before curtain up at the show. Also it was a reply to another tweet. Tbh if Carrie was having a day off but was still tweeting minutes before the start of the show you can't blame a fan for noticing that.

It very obviously wasn't an attack, blocking her was such a weird vibe. If the wording bothered her she could have just ignored it and not replied.

Reactions: 6
Yeah the tweet this girl sent looked like it was sent very quickly, presumably just before curtain up at the show. Also it was a reply to another tweet. Tbh if Carrie was having a day off but was still tweeting minutes before the start of the show you can't blame a fan for noticing that.

It very obviously wasn't an attack, blocking her was such a weird vibe. If the wording bothered her she could have just ignored it and not replied.
That's my biggest issue with how Carrie conducts herself. I completely understand blocking people being abusive towards you but blocking everyone you see that dares disagree with your thinking or doesn't sing your praises is ridiculous. She wants to live in an echo chamber of how wonderful she is - which is an unrealistic dream for the most of us but is outright delusional for someone in the public eye.
God, she couldn't even let messages critiquing her exist (and her early GG threads were pretty tame iirc) without creating a fake account and bigging herself up while shaming everyone else. It screams narcissism to the point it's genuinely a little concerning 😕 She is incapable of handling the tiniest of criticisms (e.g. "Shame you're not performing tonight") and I cannot see any of this ending well for her if she doesn't learn to cope soon.

Last edited:
⬆⬆This is why she’s potentially got a problem with Cinderella.
Yeah, I almost mentioned that and deleted it. But that's exactly what is concerning. It feels less like 'if' than a 'when'. Maybe that's harsh but just given how lackluster most people have found Bad Cinderella before it's even opened - if it opens - I honestly don't see the reviews being better than a lukewarm reaction. And I think Carrie will spiral at any negativity, especially with Oliver presumably doing well in Frozen.
At first I was worried that she'd be too harsh on herself as a result but the more I think of it, she strikes me as the kind of person who would lash out at everyone else instead 😬

Reactions: 6
Can anyone link or screenshot the original tweet, because I don’t know how to find it? X

Reactions: 1
It was maybe phrased a bit badly so it could be taken sarcastically but it's not a blocking offence. It just wasn't super gushy which she loves from her fans

Reactions: 4
She's turned off comments now sadly!

Tell you what, it's nice seeing her being called out by a lot of people.

I saw one or two comments of her saying to people "don't you know who I am?"

Can't say I'm surprised! Glad people are finally to see her true colours, was only a matter of time really.

Do you mean this?

The original and reply. Hardly a blocking offence 🙄
Oh, it was a reaction to Carrie tweeting that she's ill - in that context, it doesn't seem bad! She didn't explicitly tweet Carrie that she was dissapointed , like I thought earlier - she was responding to Carrie saying she was ill. In that context, it comes across as it was meant - a geniune question ("No Les Mis today then?" - asking/confirming that Carrie won't be in, and "Bit gutted" - reads as: that makes me a bit dissapointed because I am a fan and I am seeing the show today (perfectly reasonable) - "get well soon" - expressing sympathy and hoping she gets better. Jesus, Carrie!

Reactions: 7
I saw the concert version of les Mis and she was off sick and her understudy was incredible. Saw the filmed version and Carrie was no where near as good. Alfie gave the understudy a big hug at the end as well, didn’t do that to Carrie!!!

Reactions: 4
I can’t believe how many people have tagged her in that TikTok. She doesn’t react well to things like this so she may well respond. Reading that girl’s original tweet, I can see why she blocked her. Carrie cannot handle comments like that, she gets massively triggered by people expressing disappointment about her sick days lol.
Yeah and Carrie has spoken before about how guilty she feels when she takes a show off (probably actually guilt mixed with jealousy/fear that people will see her understudy and actually enjoy their performance rather than spending the whole time wishing it was Carrie performing). So in that case, she was probably projecting that the girl tweeting was having a go at her for being off. I agree that blocking is an overreaction though!
And I feel bad for the tik tok OP who’s still a fan after all that... don’t think I would be!

Also an update on what the poor souls who have paid for her VIP Cameo have actually had in the month of February (I can’t show you what it says because there’s no way I’m paying for that, but it doesn’t seem like much!!)

Attachments

Reactions: 3
I had a similar experience with Carrie in 2019, I tweeted her about a book I thought she would like for her and nephews (the boy, the mole, the fox and the horse by Charlie Mackesy, highly recommend this book it’s has a beautiful message, got me through 2020). Didn’t get a reply which was fine, I wasn’t expecting one I just wanted to share the book). A few weeks later she posted on Instagram she has received the book and she thought it was from me, but I didn’t send it (she always goes on about no gift), I think someone sent it on my behalf without me knowing 🤷🏻‍♀️. I messaged her saying it wasn’t me but I was pleased she got it. I then suggested that maybe the author or publisher sent it and she snapped back saying no they didn’t. I will hold my hands up and say my wording might of come across as rude but I didn’t mean it in that way at all it’s the problem with Twitter, you can read tweets in many different ways. She gets a lot of free stuff so I just presumed the publisher saw the original tweet. But she didn’t block me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I think most people on here know what happened with me and being blocked by Carrie but if you're new here, I'll explain it again.

I was a huge Carrie fan for a few years. I was slowly loosing interest in her mainly due to her attitude and behaviours in early 2018. However, I still enjoyed her content and would make excellent for her as I liked her still

A friend of mine kindly gifted me a signed copy of her book as I was too ill to attend the signing. I was so over the moon about it, I tweeted and tagged her in a photo expressing my gratitude and was met with silence. I was hurt at the time as she was currently exchanging cross words with someone. Whereas I was ignored.

I won't go into my reasons for disliking Carrie but that didn't help.

Her comments when London went into tier 4 were incredibly insensitive. Everywhere else in the UK has been effected badly with closures of theatres. BUT as soon as her show ended, she was full of rage and snippy comments. Rightly, she was called out saying a lot of theatres have been closed a lot longer than London, she never said a word about that. Only until her precious show was closed. No sympathy toward Oliver who has been out of work for a while.

She had the audacity to complain about loosing her job despite openly stating that she would ignore emails and turn down jobs throughout the first lockdown. Highly insensitive to those, like me, on the frontline, lost their jobs and working from home.

I called her up on it and was blocked. Yet, I was berated by her loyal fans that I was being unfair and mean. (Not being ageist here but a lot were very young, not effected by work at all)

I never said anything nasty, said it exactly how it is. She couldn't even argue with me, just chose the cowardice option and blocked me.

I understand blocking those who harrass you or belittle you but Carrie needs to be held accountable for being the way she is. The fact she gets away with it is shameful. I am hopeful that Cinderella flops because she needs a reality check.

What drew me to Carrie was the down to earth nature and how normal she appeared to be. Come 2017 she's become a victim of her own hype and has turned into a nasty piece of work.

I'm glad she's finally being called out and I hope it continues!

**Sorry for long message!**

• Heart
Reactions: 25
What really annoys me is these “celebs” 🙄 use platforms like Twitter and YouTube to promote themselves and their careers at absolutely zero financial cost to themselves. Ok it takes time if you’re very active and run your own accounts but it’s basically free advertising and Carrie has milked the f*** out of it. Then they get all antsy when someone says something negative. Seriously suck it up you pathetic egomaniac or get off the platform and get a real job.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This is going to sound weird but I'm going to say it anyway!

I'm not bashing her appearance but does anyone else feel like she was absolutely stunning up until about 2017. Like in her face, she looked sweet and happy.

I don't know what is now, maybe it's the weight gain (again, not bashing at all) or this horrible personality shift has made her look cold and kinda dead pan behind the eyes. Almost sad and empty, no emotion. She looks so different to how she used to look back in the day.

Hope this makes sense?

Reactions: 5
Guys, I just found a poem written by a Hopeful (is that what they're called?) to Carrie and it's so cringe. It also seems to be written by a depressed 13 year old girl who has no ability to write poetry. Her fanbase genuinely make me feel uncomfortable!
1613821835440.png
1613821851704.png

(sorry about the poor quality of the image)

This is going to sound weird but I'm going to say it anyway!

I'm not bashing her appearance but does anyone else feel like she was absolutely stunning up until about 2017. Like in her face, she looked sweet and happy.

I don't know what is now, maybe it's the weight gain (again, not bashing at all) or this horrible personality shift has made her look cold and kinda dead pan behind the eyes. Almost sad and empty, no emotion. She looks so different to how she used to look back in the day.

Hope this makes sense?
As it has been said before, i think it is just an outwards reflection of how her personality has changed. She has became a more spiteful, sad person and it really ages her. I have a feeling she might have some emotional eating issues (no shame on this btw! I have bulimia and have suffered with emotional eating) which got worse in 2018 as she got a lot hate when she was in Heathers, leading her to gain more weight.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
The TikTok where she is ‘hilariously’ taking the piss out of the new Cinderella song is irony.
Like if she could only put this amount of energy into ‘acting through song’ any ballad she sings it would be a start.
Instead she will arrange her face into what she thinks is an expression of heartbroken devastation - which of course to us is actually her usual ‘go-to constipated face’
Who is approving this marketing?
Taking the piss out of a song that the public haven’t even seen onstage yet is a bold bold move

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.