Carrie Hope Fletcher #5 Only Her, Moany Her

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So what’s everyone’s thoughts on Carrie the author?
I read her children's book when it came out and thought it was pretty good. Definitely not the best middle grade I had read, but if someone was looking for a book for their child then I'd recommend it. The characters were sweet and she wove in loads of LGBTQ/POC diversity without making it a big deal. My only issue was that the writing was super juvenile, even for a children's book. It came across super condescending and like she didn't know her audience. The plot was also boring and basically copied the plot of Ballet Shoe's. I would of rather seen her use an original idea that remake Ballet Shoes. I leant it to a friend of my sister (aged 9) who really enjoyed it so I guess it went down well with the target audience.

Reactions: 1
Ok, I know this is petty of me, but given the heteroflexible bullshit, it annoys me that in her new video, we see that her phone cover is of the rainbow flag...I mean, it can just be that she wanted a rainbow and it doesn't necessarily have to mean she intended it to give associations to the lgbt community, but still made me irritated.

Reactions: 2
Ok, I know this is petty of me, but given the heteroflexible bullshit, it annoys me that in her new video, we see that her phone cover is of the rainbow flag...I mean, it can just be that she wanted a rainbow and it doesn't necessarily have to mean she intended it to give associations to the lgbt community, but still made me irritated.
Do you think she might be bi or pan but not ready to come out yet? It would kind of make sense. The heteroflexible stuff might of just been internalised biphobia. Maybe the phone case was their to subtly imply that she's not straight.

That said, it's more likely she just likes the aesthetic or she's one of those 'the rainbow flag is for solidarity with NHS workers' people. I still stand by my statement above about her viewing queerness as a costume and not getting the trauma of being LGBT+.
(please congratulate me now on resisting the temptation to make a bisexuals have clear phone cases joke)

Reactions: 4
Call me cynical but probably in preparation for the gay community’s reaction to Cinderella’s plot line.

Reactions: 4
She has put up a story saying covid can duck off now that she's realised its been 2 years since she found about she should be playing cinderella.

Shes so tone deaf its unreal. Like yeah that's the reason covid should duck off, not the deaths and hospital admissions or decline in the worlds collective mental and physical health :rolleyes:

Reactions: 16
I'm suspicious on the book writing too. I tried to read a couple of her books when I was a fan of hers and I just couldn't get into it. She seems to churn them out very, very fast. Either that or the editor doesn't really read them and just sends them out.

She has been horrendously tone deaf throughout the pandemic but don't call her up on it, she will just block you and let her minions attack you.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Do you think she might be bi or pan but not ready to come out yet? It would kind of make sense. The heteroflexible stuff might of just been internalised biphobia. Maybe the phone case was their to subtly imply that she's not straight.

That said, it's more likely she just likes the aesthetic or she's one of those 'the rainbow flag is for solidarity with NHS workers' people. I still stand by my statement above about her viewing queerness as a costume and not getting the trauma of being LGBT+.
(please congratulate me now on resisting the temptation to make a bisexuals have clear phone cases joke)
Well... I'm bi myself, and it's certainly possible that she is, but given that she literally used the word straight about herself with no qualifications until she played a lesbian and experienced backlash for it (to be fair, I don't think she should have gotten backlash for that part), it does seem like she just claimed heteroflexible to shut the critisers up. And her description of why she's"heteroflexible" just screams hetero woman getting drunk and kissing her friends. Which happens allllll the time. Doesn't mean they want to date a woman or have romantic feelings for women. I think she just finds women hot sometimes/when she's drunk, like most hetero women do, it seems (from my experience).

Reactions: 6
Gotta love Carrie preaching about boundaries yet shows her follows pretty much every aspect of her life rn...

Reactions: 5
Going back to Cameo, I noticed her videos are around the 1:30 minute mark. Whilst there is no set time that videos need to be, if I’m paying around £30 or so, i’d like a little bit of a longer video... maybe I’m just greedy though!🙈

Reactions: 3
Going back to Cameo, I noticed her videos are around the 1:30 minute mark. Whilst there is no set time that videos need to be, if I’m paying around £30 or so, i’d like a little bit of a longer video... maybe I’m just greedy though!🙈
I agree! I paid about £25 for one by an actor recently for my Dad’s 60th and got a 6 minute long cameo full of stories about filming. It was brilliant!

Reactions: 7
I agree! I paid about £25 for one by an actor recently for my Dad’s 60th and got a 6 minute long cameo full of stories about filming. It was brilliant!
Yes! I’ve had a few and the videos back all ranged from 5-8 minutes long and they often went off script which felt so much more personal. I even had one that the request expired but they felt bad so did the video anyway for free! Couldn’t see Carrie doing that

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Found it quite interesting watching this video now, given how most youtubers now use ring lights and are gifted lots of stuff all the time. Just a different Youtube world now. Not that I watch many any more, other than Carrie (for some unfathomable reason) and video essayists - so maybe I'm out of the loop.

Found it quite interesting watching this video now, given how most youtubers now use ring lights and are gifted lots of stuff all the time. Just a different Youtube world now. Not that I watch many any more, other than Carrie (for some unfathomable reason) and video essayists - so maybe I'm out of the loop.
Her voice and accent have changed so much! Still gesticulating wildly though and the tendency to be a little bit shouty was there even.then. Interesting!

ALW is on today’s Table Manners talking a bit about Cinderella and I am relishing in Jessie and Lennie clearly not having a clue who Carrie is and ALW also saying he thinks Cinderella will ‘really launch’ her... so not yet as much of a star as she thinks she is!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
ALW is on today’s Table Manners talking a bit about Cinderella and I am relishing in Jessie and Lennie clearly not having a clue who Carrie is and ALW also saying he thinks Cinderella will ‘really launch’ her... so not yet as much of a star as she thinks she is!
Oh that’s quite a sting to have him say it will launch her! Makes her sound fresh out of drama school

I don’t think she’s bi/pan, she was straight until she was called out for playing a lesbian and then she said she wouldn’t be with a woman but she’s kissed her friends at bars before...

As a pan woman, I find it insulting personally but can’t expect Carrie to take accountability for anything

Reactions: 12
Oh that’s quite a sting to have him say it will launch her! Makes her sound fresh out of drama school
If only she was fresh out of Drama School 🤣 Kinda plays into her narrative that she hasn’t been stunt cast though although on this occasion I genuinely believe she’s been cast because of her social media following and “reach”. However, whoever is in charge of Cinderella’s advertising, marketing and P.R. is MAJORLY out of touch and possibly thinks Carrie is still a thing, she’s not 🙊

Reactions: 6
I don’t think she’s bi/pan, she was straight until she was called out for playing a lesbian and then she said she wouldn’t be with a woman but she’s kissed her friends at bars before...

As a pan woman, I find it insulting personally but can’t expect Carrie to take accountability for anything
I agree.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.