Carrie Hope Fletcher #5 Only Her, Moany Her

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She still has Far Too Late as her pinned tweet and says it’s from Cinderella. If it was no longer in the show she would have been instructed to take it down, I’m sure.

Re the colour scheme - I’m sure it’s no coincidence that the cover for her new novel has the same shades of purple/blue and pink as the Cinderella marketing. I bet by the time it’s published there’ll be an addition to the cover saying it was written by the star of ALW’s Cinderella. She never misses an opportunity to cash in.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Just been having a little look at the theatre board discussion, as I haven’t really kept up with it and saw some interesting information about tickets for the show. Apparently notes on tickets sold for the first few rows say ‘you will be moved in more ways than one’ which people are wondering if it’s a nod to Gillian Lynn and the original production of Cats. I never knew Cats had a few lines of the audience on the revolve! The show started with the first few rows off kilter and slid them into place at the start of the show! That is so cool. And due to the message attached to the first few rows of Cinderella, people are speculating if Cinderella is going to do something similar! I understand if they want to keep it secret, but that alone would make me want to see it, just to see how they do it!

*after some research, it was more than just off kilter- some comments I’ve seen about it say than on a clock it went from about 3 to 6 o’clock.

Last edited:
  • Wow
She still has Far Too Late as her pinned tweet and says it’s from Cinderella. If it was no longer in the show she would have been instructed to take it down, I’m sure.
I wonder if they're planning to release it later, then. Maybe they think it'll make the show look good since it is at least better than the songs they've released previously

At least they're just generic emo-teen, rather than the constant "barking mad", "loon", "nutter" in the wretched Bad Cinderella (so much for her claim to support mental health)
Yep. The lyrics to BC are cringeworthy. But as we know she may mouth off about loads of issues - mental health - trans issues (JK Rowling) etc but still content to accept the dollah

Reactions: 1
Are we sure Cinderella isn’t a lesbian in this version? All this coyness about plot lines makes me wonder if the twist is bigger than just Prince Charming being gay. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s an element of ‘discovery’ where she thinks she’s into this Prince but she ends up with a girl. Carrie would love that, she’d love being able to preach at us endlessly about how it doesn’t matter who you fall in love with etc etc 🙄
Can't wait to watch Carrie kiss a woman like she's kissing her mother like all straight women who play gay/bi women do 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Can't wait to watch Carrie kiss a woman like she's kissing her mother like all straight women who play gay/bi women do 😂
Go to her IG there are pictures of her playing a lesbian in a musical/workshop from 2019 I think, when she delted all the previous references she made of her being straight in her blogs and changed it to heterflexible 🙄

• Angry
  • Haha
When I saw The Addams Family every time she kissed Oliver Ormson he wiped his mouth with his sleeve. Seriously. I mean, she did have lippy on and all that,but he did it like he was repulsed.
I was staggered to hear they were dating. So... yeah.

• Wow
When I saw The Addams Family every time she kissed Oliver Ormson he wiped his mouth with his sleeve. Seriously. I mean, she did have lippy on and all that,but he did it like he was repulsed.
I was staggered to hear they were dating. So... yeah.
I still think they're an odd pairing. No chemistry at all from what I can tell from the videos they did together during the first lockdown. Carrie seems very boring as well so their relationship confuses me a tad.

Reactions: 2
Just seen/heard the snippet of the new Cinderella song on Instagram. It really reminds me of something else but I cannot figure it out!
*it’s specifically the ‘girls like me don’t end up with a Prince’ bit that I feel I’ve heard before...
I think it's the same notes as "I've only been pretending" from On My Own. But the syllables are split across the notes slightly differently.

Reactions: 2
Go to her IG there are pictures of her playing a lesbian in a musical/workshop from 2019 I think, when she delted all the previous references she made of her being straight in her blogs and changed it to heterflexible 🙄
God I will not be able to deal with her spouting off about being heteroflexible again, I’ll scream

Reactions: 4
I'd forgotten she actually went and changed the places she'd written "straight" before. Makes my blood boil. The heteroflexible bullshit was literally the reason I joined Guru Gossip. Still angry.

Reactions: 10
I’m laughing at the fact that Carrie was excited about the new song in particular because she ‘gets to show off her own English accent’, as if her faux-posh RP English accent isn’t blatantly clear in all of the songs so far.

In fact, in Bad Cinderalla, her posh accent kind of works against the tone of the song. It’s almost as if instead of requiring an actress to do a more appropriate ‘common’ accent to match the character (granted the characterization is all over the shop at this point), they made it so the actress barely has to ‘act’ any different than how she normally presents herself publicly...

Reactions: 7
The example she gave was "heart", so I presumed she was talking about not having to put on a rhotic accent.

But surely she sings in her normal accent in Les Mis?

Reactions: 5
It's looking likely stuff will begin to reopen in a couple of months but I doubt theatre will be on the priority list. (As much as it kills me to say that)

Id be shocked if theatre does. Its going to be a long slow process and until the variants can be controlled in the autumn I don't see social distancing going away. I can't see social social distancing going away really un till next year if all goes well in the autumn and winter so it will only be shows who can afford to open with limited audiences to start with.

I suspect they will wait to see what impact reopening schools will have on cases etc before they proceed to other things.

I’m sure she sang in her normal accent in Les Mis and when she was Truly Scrumptious in Chitty.
I wonder what will happen with Cinderella if the theatres don’t open soon. ALW might release the soundtrack as a concept album like he did with JCS. Or premiere it online. I don’t know how many times they can keep pushing it back.

Reactions: 4
Even if theatres reopen its going to be ages until normality resumes. Tourists won't return for possibly a year or more, the whole world has to catch up on vaccines really before international travel can happen. Aside hard core fans I doubt theatre will be at the top of many people's priorities in the UK either. And if they do it will be for more of a must see.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.