Carrie Hope Fletcher #5 Only Her, Moany Her

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone did the dirty on Carrie on the picture she recently uploaded. That look does her no favours. She also looks miserable. She's a pretty girl but it's not a good look for her at all.

I'll give her this: she sounds a lot better singing in English accent than she does in that nasally generic "American" one.

Reactions: 6
Yes but the beautiful RP vowels aren’t exactly ‘street’ to me
If it’s a fresh version let’s have a normal accent for a change yeah?

Reactions: 1
That's true, and in Bad Cinderella she calls herself a "girl from the gutter" . They should have probably gone for a cooler actor who has more edge. Carrie's about as edgy as a marshmallow.

It doesn't really help that ALW and Emerald Fennell are excruciatingly posh. Maybe in their eyes Carrie is the working class kid she likes to claim to be.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
That's true, and in Bad Cinderella she calls herself a "girl from the gutter" . They should have probably gone for a cooler actor who has more edge. Carrie's about as edgy as a marshmallow.

It doesn't really help that ALW and Emerald Fennell are excruciatingly posh. Maybe in their eyes Carrie is the working class kid she likes to claim to be.
My point exactly. It wouldn’t be an issue if Carrie had the acting chops to pull of a ‘girl from the gutter’, but she really doesn’t. Classism and stereotypes aside, her regular accent doesn’t match the character so far, so bragging that she’s able to show it off seems so blatant that they’ve made the role fit the actress, and not the other way around

Reactions: 7
It completely mystifies me how ALW looked at Carrie and saw his vision of Cinderella. She’s not right for it in a traditional sense and she’s not right for it in a modern edgy sense either. She’s just not right! And she’s a crap actor so she’ll not even be able to fake it. I mean, use her to workshop it by all means but I think everyone was surprised that he actually cast her for the show. And when they first revealed that logo with the clumpy boots..l I was like 😖

Reactions: 10
It completely mystifies me how ALW looked at Carrie and saw his vision of Cinderella. She’s not right for it in a traditional sense and she’s not right for it in a modern edgy sense either. She’s just not right! And she’s a crap actor so she’ll not even be able to fake it. I mean, use her to workshop it by all means but I think everyone was surprised that he actually cast her for the show. And when they first revealed that logo with the clumpy boots..l I was like 😖
Tbf I think when ALW looked at Carrie he saw this:
nintchdbpict000350483189.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This is all just so confusing. In Perrault's version, her father is wealthy, so a posh accent wouldn't really be amiss. But then things like "girl from the gutter" seems to imply that that's not the backstory ALW's Cinderella will have? It's a trainwreck, a very confusing trainwreck and I just want to know the answers without actually ever having to sit through the entire musical.

Reactions: 4
Just been having a little look at the theatre board discussion, as I haven’t really kept up with it and saw some interesting information about tickets for the show. Apparently notes on tickets sold for the first few rows say ‘you will be moved in more ways than one’ which people are wondering if it’s a nod to Gillian Lynn and the original production of Cats. I never knew Cats had a few lines of the audience on the revolve! The show started with the first few rows off kilter and slid them into place at the start of the show! That is so cool. And due to the message attached to the first few rows of Cinderella, people are speculating if Cinderella is going to do something similar! I understand if they want to keep it secret, but that alone would make me want to see it, just to see how they do it!

*after some research, it was more than just off kilter- some comments I’ve seen about it say than on a clock it went from about 3 to 6 o’clock.
I saw months and months ago in my technical theatre circles that they were intending to reinstate the auditorium revolve as part of the theatre's latest refurb so yes I do believe that is happening.

For the original Cats, the front four rows were 120 degrees out of place while the audience entered (leading many of them to moan about sight lines ha ha) and then during the overture that part of the theatre slowly rotated to make everything line up and create a sense of "magic" at how it had happened.

I saw some of ALW's plans for the refurb of Her Majesty's theatre ahead of Phantom (eventually) coming back there, quite impressive what he's planning there, full reinstatement of the original proscenium and creation of some extra boxes so that the "opera house" on stage flows out into the theatre. Looked quite clever. He is not afraid to spend a few quid on his theatres.

Reactions: 4
I saw months and months ago in my technical theatre circles that they were intending to reinstate the auditorium revolve as part of the theatre's latest refurb so yes I do believe that is happening.

For the original Cats, the front four rows were 120 degrees out of place while the audience entered (leading many of them to moan about sight lines ha ha) and then during the overture that part of the theatre slowly rotated to make everything line up and create a sense of "magic" at how it had happened.

I saw some of ALW's plans for the refurb of Her Majesty's theatre ahead of Phantom (eventually) coming back there, quite impressive what he's planning there, full reinstatement of the original proscenium and creation of some extra boxes so that the "opera house" on stage flows out into the theatre. Looked quite clever. He is not afraid to spend a few quid on his theatres.
Thanks so much for the info. I went down a rabbit hole looking up pictures of the original setup but it’s quite hard to see due to the quality of the pics. It was a picture of the seating plan that actually made me see it better (the seating plan showed the angle of the seats at the start of the show- presumably so that people knew where there seats were upon entering). It’ll be interesting to see how they use it in Cinderella. For Cats it was more of a gimmick - they realised it would be difficult to move the seats during the show due to people leaving and coming back from the loo. It would be cool if they could figure a way to do it during the ball in Cinderella.
Can you tell this has made me more excited than hearing the music? Lol

Absolutely! £££

I don't think Carrie is very relevant as much as she was so I'm intrigued to see how she does once Cinderella is over.
I often wonder about her SM
TWITTER she has almost 500k followers - interactions around 100-250 likes and around 5-15 comments
No engagement for the amount of followers she has
Insta she has 550k followers and has around 20-30k likes so busier
But again not a proportionate amount for the number of ‘followers’ she has (bought)
If she’s getting work based on followers something fishy going on I think ...

This is all just so confusing. In Perrault's version, her father is wealthy, so a posh accent wouldn't really be amiss. But then things like "girl from the gutter" seems to imply that that's not the backstory ALW's Cinderella will have? It's a trainwreck, a very confusing trainwreck and I just want to know the answers without actually ever having to sit through the entire musical.
‘Unpleasant peasant’ who has had elocution lessons 😂

Reactions: 2

totally agree HM really needs to be refurbished but I’m also sad elements of the original show will be lost like the original chandelier and the angel statue. I don’t think this was ALW decision, it was Cameron Macintosh to has too much power over the show and the other creatives have all passed away and Andrew won’t fight him.
Seeing old pictures of how the new London theatre was looks is very exciting but I have no interest in seeing Cinderella.

I often wonder about her SM
TWITTER she has almost 500k followers - interactions around 100-250 likes and around 5-15 comments
No engagement for the amount of followers she has
Insta she has 550k followers and has around 20-30k likes so busier
But again not a proportionate amount for the number of ‘followers’ she has (bought)
If she’s getting work based on followers something fishy going on I think ...

‘Unpleasant peasant’ who has had elocution lessons 😂
She has lost about 20K Twitter followers in the last year. Her numbers slowly but steadily go down.

Before I got blocked by her, I noticed that as well, she barely gets much engagement despite having so many followers on Twitter. Very. Very. Strange. Definitely doesn't add up.

Reactions: 3
What confuses me is why ALW didn’t try to cast one of the girls who just left Six, mainly Millie came to mind as she’s just been Maureen in RENT and was the Anne Boleyn all of the Six Stans fawned over to the point of Courtney Bowman getting ate her skirt wasn’t bouncy enough (it was a mad time from what I saw quickly on FB) - I love Millie but I don’t think any out could make those horrendous lyrics good, but at least an actress like her would have fitted the “vibe” more than carrie?

Reactions: 11
Of course she has to brag about doing yoga on her stories today. Stop. Showing. Us. Everything. You. Do. Every. Day.

Reactions: 3
She has lost about 20K Twitter followers in the last year. Her numbers slowly but steadily go down.
Her IG numbers were also going down a little after some Cinderellas songs got released they went up fast, I don’t think Carrie would buy them but then again maybe knowing she got cast because of her following (they inflated her numbers in a Cinderella press release if I’m not wrong) she feels like she has to keep a certain number and up or maybe is even the Cinderella team buying them for her.

She blocks a lot of accounts for silly stuff so that’s followers she looses so fast so it doesn’t make sense why she has gained so many lately.

Reactions: 2
Did anyone feel like a few of her fans were borderline homophobic when the 'heteroflexible' situation happened. They we're all like: "Poor perfect Carrie. She's being bullied by the nasty gays for playing a lesbian role. They want to stop her from being her (AMAZING!) self." Honestly, her fans are the worst. They'll stand by her no matter what she does.

Also, I think it was a lot more than just her playing a gay role. She posted the kissing photo to make her seem 'woke' and 'trendy' and all she receives is praise from the media and her fans. But when an actual gay couple kisses on the street they experience verbal (and less often physical or sexual) harassment. Being queer isn't just a costume she can put on for her 'woke points' but take it off when she wants her straight privilege back. It's an life-long experience which can be really hard and traumatic. She has no idea the what it's like to be LGBT+ and the trauma it brings and she doesn't want to learn about it either. (sorry if that was super long/incomprehensible, she just pisses me off but I have way more to say about this)

Reactions: 19
So what’s everyone’s thoughts on Carrie the author?
I know they are badly written but has anyone considered they are ghost written?
In the last year she’s ‘written’ a children’s book and the new book is out soon - they will have been done a year prior to that.
Two in a year from the self appointed busiest person in show business?
How does she fit it all in? We never see her writing process? Tom Fletcher is always saying how many words he’s written or the fact him and Gi are just sitting down to write etc...
I’m smelling a rat here.
If Carrie was actually writing this stuff we would never hear the end of it in her stories.
The latest one has just ‘appeared’ as if flown in by some magical occurrence

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.