Carrie Hope Fletcher #5 Only Her, Moany Her

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Its feels like its trying to be the ultimate modern woke hip musical but everything they do is the opposite. Even casting Carrie isn't really in line with current popular thinking of the younger social media brigade.
Agreed
Someone like Millie O’Connell would’ve brought a sassy street vibe to this show without breaking a sweat

Reactions: 5
I had a quick check and looks like the official upload of Carrie singing "Far Too Late" has been pulled from YouTube - looks like it has indeed been cut from the show. There goes the least worst song
It was definitely fully recorded — there's a clip of the orchestra playing it at Abbey Road Studios.

It was definitely fully recorded — there's a clip of the orchestra playing it at Abbey Road Studios.
Hmm, maybe they're planning to give it a release in the future. Although by the time the show actually opens they likely will have got through the entire soundtrack!

Edit: https://www.hellomagazine.com/film/...e-reveals-new-royal-role-andrew-lloyd-webber/ According to this article from December, Helen George plays the Queen - she was also in the reported cast list for the recording. But ALW, Carrie and co. haven't said a word about it, same as Victoria Hamilton-Barritt hasn't got a look-in. It seems as far as ALW is concerned only Carrie and Ivano are part of the show

Last edited:
I'm slightly confused by Helen George's casting. At the workshop, the Queen was played by Ruthie Henshall, who could believably have a child in his early twenties. Helen George... not so much.

Edit: I'm sure she'll be fab, but she'd be a more likely sibling than mother!

Reactions: 4
Ummm this new song is so boring and formulaic.
😬 Sounds to me like a filler song on a Westlife album or something...

• Haha
I'm slightly confused by Helen George's casting. At the workshop, the Queen was played by Ruthie Henshall, who could believably have a child in his early twenties. Helen George... not so much.

Edit: I'm sure she'll be fab, but she'd be a more likely sibling than mother!
Helen George is 36. That puts the Queen into teen mum territory, depending on how old the Prince is supposed to be. They may even be aging her up slightly. Though if the Prince is 16 that puts the Queen at 20 when she has him. Ivano can get away with playing 16. Carrie can’t! Though we don’t know the relationship between the princes, I’m making the assumption that the princes are brothers here but I could be wrong.
Interesting wording in that article... says ‘the project, which forms part of Andrew Lloyd Webber's upcoming West End show Cinderella.’
If she was cast ages ago I’m surprised she wasn’t embargoed from talking about it. Unless, that’s why no one had picked up on it- she wasn’t supposed to talk so ALW made sure the news didn’t go viral. Or she got into trouble for talking and is no longer involved. The wording in the article makes me wonder if it’s for a side project to the musical though... just musings.
Or she’s just on the soundtrack. Not in the actual musical.

update- found an article from December where they announced who was on the soundtrack including Sarah Brightman, Todrick Hall, Adam Lambert... do we really believe all these people are actually in the musical? That is the question...

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
If they are brothers, I would guess Charming is older. Because, realistically, it isn't a that big an issue if the younger brother goes AWOL. I suspect you're right and they'll age HG up a bit and hope nobody does the maths!

update- found an article from December where they announced who was on the soundtrack including Sarah Brightman, Todrick Hall, Adam Lambert... do we really believe all these people are actually in the musical? That is the question...

I saw that on Amazon, before that removed it. IIRC, Sarah Brightman was only on the very first track, so I assumed she was doing a voiceover "Once upon a time, in the land of...".
Todrick Hall was only the last track, so I would guess a bonus/pop redo of a song from it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
If they are brothers, I would guess Charming is older. Because, realistically, it isn't a that big an issue if the younger brother goes AWOL. I suspect you're right and they'll age HG up a bit and hope nobody does the maths!

I saw that on Amazon, before that removed it. IIRC, Sarah Brightman was only on the very first track, so I assumed she was doing a voiceover "Once upon a time, in the land of...".
Todrick Hall was only the last track, so I would guess a bonus/pop redo of a song from it.
Sounds like it’s going to be an absolute mish mash of music.

Reactions: 1
Are we sure Cinderella isn’t a lesbian in this version? All this coyness about plot lines makes me wonder if the twist is bigger than just Prince Charming being gay. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s an element of ‘discovery’ where she thinks she’s into this Prince but she ends up with a girl. Carrie would love that, she’d love being able to preach at us endlessly about how it doesn’t matter who you fall in love with etc etc 🙄

Has anyone else realised that of the 3 songs they’ve released with Carrie are all solo songs that end on a high note? Yes, I am including Far Too Late. Got a bit of a pattern again.
I wonder if the reason they are not including Far Too Late on the singles list is because it technically wasn’t one. It just a performance of it with ALW on the piano. We haven’t heard an album version of it yet.
We have heard the strings section from Far Too Late in a video of ALW doing a tour of Abbey Road Studios. I hope they haven’t taken it off the soundtrack, because it’s actually my favourite of all the songs they’ve released so far! I was actually looking forward to hearing that one with a full orchestra. Carrie’s voice actually sounds really nice in it too. Im not the biggest fan of her belt anymore but it’s obvious on that song that she had been practicing her head voice. (And we knew she was from the singing videos she shared in the first lockdown. She just needs to work on her belt again- I think she’s in denial about how much Heathers destroyed her voice.)
I’m also not used to one character having so many solo songs in one musical. Elphaba in Wicked only has 2 solos- not counting Defying Gravity as the full song has Glinda and the ensemble on it, same for Glinda (though one is a reprise). The way this is going we are going to have about 8 solos from Carrie forcing her to high belt at the end of every song, which will wreck her voice further in less than a week in the west end!

Reactions: 3
Are we sure Cinderella isn’t a lesbian in this version? All this coyness about plot lines makes me wonder if the twist is bigger than just Prince Charming being gay. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s an element of ‘discovery’ where she thinks she’s into this Prince but she ends up with a girl. Carrie would love that, she’d love being able to preach at us endlessly about how it doesn’t matter who you fall in love with etc etc 🙄
Oh god, I hope not, otherwise us queer folk will have to hear her go on and on about being "heteroflexible" again 🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 16
This is actually my favourite song so far from Cinderella, the tune is very pleasant and memorable. Shame about some of the shouty notes, but Carrie doesn’t sound too bad for most of it either.

Was thinking that after she was so coy in her stories today ‘the person Cinderella loves’
Hmmm

So funny how she describes the lyrics as “absolutely genius”. There’s absolutely nothing genius about them!

Reactions: 8
So funny how she describes the lyrics as “absolutely genius”. There’s absolutely nothing genius about them!
At least they're just generic emo-teen, rather than the constant "barking mad", "loon", "nutter" in the wretched Bad Cinderella (so much for her claim to support mental health)

The colour scheme is just horrible and all their publicity looks so cheap, not quirky, not modern but tacky. It’s just so BAD 🙈

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.