Carrie Hope Fletcher #5 Only Her, Moany Her

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's surely going to mentally implode when Cinderella flops (if it ever actually opens) and Oliver becomes a big West End star in hugely successful musical Frozen at the same time.

Reactions: 1
She's surely going to mentally implode when Cinderella flops (if it ever actually opens) and Oliver becomes a big West End star in hugely successful musical Frozen at the same time.
I do hope it's hit with some harsh reviews on opening night, I feel Carrie needs to taste that medicine to improve herself and that icky attitude

Reactions: 6
I do hope it's hit with some harsh reviews on opening night, I feel Carrie needs to taste that medicine to improve herself and that icky attitude
She definitely needs some sort of wake up call. She doesn't develop her skills as an actress with classes or anything. I wonder whether she has tried auditioning for TV roles before. Or would in future. Hollyoaks might be in her future when her theatre career ends.

Reactions: 2
She definitely needs some sort of wake up call. She doesn't develop her skills as an actress with classes or anything. I wonder whether she has tried auditioning for TV roles before. Or would in future. Hollyoaks might be in her future when her theatre career ends.
Ahaha I can see her playing a pushy 'stage mom' in Hollyoaks

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Every time I see that poor innocent guy they’ve paired her with in Cinderella with I think what a physical mismatch they are. He looks like a babyyyy. He must be protected at all costs.
Also someone on her feed saying she would make a great Mme Thernadier in 20 years made me lol
Firstly she wouldn’t need to wait as she has the middle aged vibe now
Secondly she just doesn’t have the comedy chops to play Mme Thernadier so I doubt she’ll ever get the chance to complete a Les Mis hat trick...

I remember how harsh the critics were about the Spice Girls' musical ... fingers crossed

One song that's angsty teen everybody hates her; one song about how he's broken her heart; one song that says it's too late to tell him how she feels; and one that is a love song, but with words that really don't work brilliantly out of context (lonely isn't exactly a compliment is it?!).
The Insta story announcing the release of this song showed the track listing of the OST, with most of the titles censored except for the ones that have already been released / that the public knows about. "Far Too Late" wasn't on there which makes me wonder if it's been removed from the show? It's not great but it is better than "Bad Cinderella" or this new one (although the bar's set low)

Every time I see that poor innocent guy they’ve paired her with in Cinderella with I think what a physical mismatch they are. He looks like a babyyyy. He must be protected at all costs.
Also someone on her feed saying she would make a great Mme Thernadier in 20 years made me lol
Firstly she wouldn’t need to wait as she has the middle aged vibe now
Secondly she just doesn’t have the comedy chops to play Mme Thernadier so I doubt she’ll ever get the chance to complete a Les Mis hat trick...
Yes that's the only role I can see her doing after cinderella, but agree she hasn't got the comedy chops for it.

What annoys me is this prince is supposedly gay, and so far what we've seen is he comes across as a bit camp and effeminate. While there isn't any thing wrong with that in general, musical theatre has a massive problem in that it always plays up to stereotypes of gay men, its just a bit insulting especially from a supposedly open minded supportive sector. I just wish gay men were better represented with more diversity in character and personality traits.

Reactions: 3
What annoys me is this prince is supposedly gay, and so far what we've seen is he comes across as a bit camp and effeminate. While there isn't any thing wrong with that in general, musical theatre has a massive problem in that it always plays up to stereotypes of gay men, its just a bit insulting especially from a supposedly open minded supportive sector. I just wish gay men were better represented with more diversity in character and personality traits.
There are two princes. Prince Charming, a minor role, is gay and Prince Sebastian (played by Ivano Turco) is the male lead and Cinderella's love interest

Yes that's the only role I can see her doing after cinderella, but agree she hasn't got the comedy chops for it.

I think I made the same mistake you did about all the Prince confusion. As I understand it now, the Prince who ends up being gay is Prince Charming who is apparently AWOL for the majority of the show. At this point we have no idea who is playing Prince Charming (looks like he’ll be played by a featured ensemble member) so we have nothing to see how he’ll be portrayed. I find it interesting that this version of Cinderella is looking closer to the version that David Williams wrote and was on tv a couple of years ago. In that version Cinderella gets turned into a mouse and runs away with her mouse Prince lol

The Cinderella marketing campaign is horrendous. They released those awful Valentine cards yesterday and said "link in the bio!", then a few hours later released the new song and replaced the link in the bio! Maybe they realised how awful the graphics are and replaced them swiftly, but it makes me wonder who the hell is planning their PR if they have 2 things being released on the same day!!!

Reactions: 10
well if the Sebastian character isn’t gay then Ivan comes across camper than Christmas in his song.While I love me a bit of camp. Sebastian as part of a hetero couple? 🤷🏻‍♀️
I’m confused.
But then the whole show is
I think the creatives are in the marketing for this show - so what chance do the rest of us have?
Think ALW should just go full Jesus Christ Superstar and release the whole album as a concept before the show opens. Maybe with the full story in place it’ll gather steam.
This piecemeal drip feed is leaving me cold

Reactions: 3
Ah ok if thats the case then maybe there's hope, although I stand by my point in general though 😄 🤣 😂

The Cinderella marketing campaign makes no sense. What is it even trying to portray? The ‘let them eat cake’ Marie Antoinette stuff seems so random. Cinderella was poor, why would she even have that attitude? I know it’s a reimagined version but it’s so far from the original she might as well have a whole different name.
Cinderella's kindness and resilience despite the abuse she faced is literally the most interesting thing about the story. Making her bitter or aggressive moves her more into the Stepmother role.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The social media thing, totally cringingly bad. Are they trying to go for an &Juliet vibe or something? If so don’t bother because Carrie is no Miriam Teake-Lee and never will be.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The social media thing, totally cringingly bad. Are they trying to go for an &Juliet vibe or something? If so don’t bother because Carrie is no Miriam Teake-Lee and never will be.
Yeah, it feels very much like they're trying to imitate what made audiences like & Juliet, Six, and Hamilton. Without actually understanding what makes those shows popular, so now we've got cringe-making attempts to be "with it" and a leading lady who, as you say, is no Miriam Teak-Lee

Reactions: 7
I thought of &Juliet immediately, but the songs give off a very romantic traditional vibe.

Its feels like its trying to be the ultimate modern woke hip musical but everything they do is the opposite. Even casting Carrie isn't really in line with current popular thinking of the younger social media brigade.

I had a quick check and looks like the official upload of Carrie singing "Far Too Late" has been pulled from YouTube - looks like it has indeed been cut from the show. There goes the least worst song

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.