Carrie Hope Fletcher #40 Engaged already, what a sham. Have a word #FletcherFam!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe reading too much into it but curious that she didn’t post that incredibles T-shirt pic in her photo dump. And hasn’t expressed that she’s super happy to be home with Joel yet either. Just immediately jumped into reminiscing about her Disney trip…. I dunno man, I really think something is a bit off with her rn r.e Joel. Considering how much insane attention and ‘adoration’ he’s been lavishing on her the past few weeks, her lack of reciprocity atm is interesting.
This.

She’s gone verrrry quiet on the Joel front. He’s also gone quiet on the Carrie front for what, 24 hours?? Very uncharacteristic.

Maybe she’s had a word with him about over-sharing to strangers on social media? Especially sharing her and her families location at the airport!!! You just KNOW he wouldn’t understand and would probably turn it into a fight.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
i’m like five months younger than carrie and i’ve been following her for most of the time on her channel (just before she proclaimed herself an internet big sister. the first one i saw i think she did a cute goofy little video where she cloned herself. ANYWAY)

i dropped off watching her youtube videos just before the pandemic bc everyone’s videos started becoming like a half hour, but i’ve still watched her insta stories and posts. and i’ve never been the type to be overly-invested in celebrity lives, but following someone for that long, who’s the same age… it’s heartbreaking to see this sort of thing happening and not be able to help stop it.

i really hope that if she does read here she can see that we are all truly genuinely concerned, whether it’s someone who regularly posts salty takes about her or not. and that even though this has all been so publicized, she still holds all the true power in that relationship and she’ll be backed by so many people for recognizing this mistake and getting out before it becomes a whole lot worse. please listen to us carrie
I feel the same way. I'm also about the same age as Carrie, which has made me weirdly invested in seeing her life unfold, all these years (this decade? Wah). And it's really sad where things have ended up so far.

But I agree, I think it would actually not make her look bad at all to call this engagement off, even if she thinks it would. She could use this as an opportunity to talk honestly about how she got swept up in a bad relationship while in a vulnerable headspace- I'm sure that's something so many of her followers could relate to. It seems like she tries to come across as perfect all the time on social media in order to be liked, but it would probably actually make her so much more likeable if she could share about her love life worries in a more honest way.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
i think we moved on from joel’s tattoo too quickly. i know so much happens every day but that tattoo…. it’s so big and so ugly and it must be terrifying for carrie. i want to know if he got it to surprise her with

Reactions: 52
This whole thing makes me so upset. I’m here as a Carrie fan, not a hater. She has to get out of this relationship! He’s going to destroy her. He’s a manipulative, controlling, love bombing, SA supporting CREEP. It fills me with so much concern that the rest of the Fletcher Fam, Scott etc aren’t saying anything!? Im wondering if he asked Carrie’s dads permission.. did he actually agree to this!? This is just so scary. How is she not seeing this. I think she assumes the only people who use Tattle and the likes are against her, but it’s abundantly clear that the vast majority of us in here are airing genuine CONCERN for her. Please, if you read here Carrie, look after yourself and get out ❤ x
Wow, first of all welcome, second of all it really speaks volumes about this relationship that even her fans and supporters are concerned. Carrie, if you do read this, I don't know if you're scared to call it off and worried it would make you an embarrassment/failure, but trust me when I say no one will think of you like that. We all want you to be healthy and safe and this man has really been displaying some alarming behaviour that I think is only going to get worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Lurker here - I may be unpopular posting this as I will admit I really have no idea who Carrie is or what she does (musical theatre? Not my bag) but I came across this thread a few months ago and have been quite engrossed in the her/Joel situation. I’m posting as you guys said she reads here and thought maybe coming from someone who really doesn’t have an opinion on her either way may help as she may think the long term fans are jealous or something? I don’t know.

Anyways! What I want to say is… Carrie, get out of that relationship now. It’s not okay. It’s love bombing, it’s toxic. Joel is unhinged. There is no need to move at the speed of light - I’m 32, been with my partner a few years. He’s featured on my Instagram ONCE. That doesn’t mean we don’t adore each other. This constant posting is really a huge red flag. Please leave as I worry for you.

Reactions: 46
Lurker here - I may be unpopular posting this as I will admit I really have no idea who Carrie is or what she does (musical theatre? Not my bag) but I came across this thread a few months ago and have been quite engrossed in the her/Joel situation. I’m posting as you guys said she reads here and thought maybe coming from someone who really doesn’t have an opinion on her either way may help as she may think the long term fans are jealous or something? I don’t know.

Anyways! What I want to say is… Carrie, get out of that relationship now. It’s not okay. It’s love bombing, it’s toxic. Joel is unhinged. There is no need to move at the speed of light - I’m 32, been with my partner a few years. He’s featured on my Instagram ONCE. That doesn’t mean we don’t adore each other. This constant posting is really a huge red flag. Please leave as I worry for you.
Same! If you looked at my social media you wouldn't be able to tell I'm in a relationship 😂

I'm not sure what Joel is trying to prove with the constant posts and the cringy joint Instagram
If he really does love Carrie from the bottom of his heart then he shouldn't need to be so performative.
Is he terrified that she will leave him? Is he trying to do everything Oliver didn't? Is he just as desperate for love and attention as Carrie? Or is he really just a creep.

Reactions: 8
There are so many new members saying the same things we've been saying. Carrie if you do read here, take note because people, especially your fans, wouldn't be saying that if they didn't think it was true

• Heart
Reactions: 17
there’s definitely something going on. maybe she’s come back from the trip and had second thoughts. maybe she’s sick of him shoving a camera in her face for their reunion and monetising every aspect of their relationship. carrie, if you’re reading this, go with your gut!

Reactions: 10
Yall she liked Scott's comments (30 min ago) but didn't delete/block the stage 5 clinger comment (2h ago). Not so many comments on the pic that it got buried. This is unusual for our blocking queen!

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Echoing others here that I have followed Carrie for a long time, I think I started when she was secretly-not-secretly starting to date Pete (Tangled video), watched all through les mis days and addams etc. I dropped off during the pandemic cause like another tattler said everyone's videos became super long. I don't hate Carrie. I think there are valid points of criticism in the way she conducts herself at times, but I have never wished any ill will towards her. Suffice to say if you do read here Carrie, I know your instinct is to dismiss any comments about Joel and the speed of this relationship as just jealous horrid people who have nothing better to say. Who knows, Joel would probably try to say the same to defend himself. But there are people here who genuinely care and are deeply concerned for you. Many of us have been in your shoes with the absolute FEAR of being 30 and thinking WTF AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE, we understand. It is legit terrifying, but it will settle down and you'll be able to feel a little comforted that the world doesn't suddenly end. The partner I was with when I turned 30 would not have been a good match long term, I even considered settling but he turned out to be a completely different person full of secrets and infidelity and I look back now with relief.
You look so radiant and happy in your photos in Disney. That's how it should be with the person you plan to spend the rest of your life with. As someone who has often ignored their gut when something felt off, please listen to your instinct. Know that we will respect and support you if you do decide to break it off or even just pump the brakes for a while.
It feels bizarre for this to come from a tattle page of all places but honestly, the unity in this thread speaks volumes.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
This.

She’s gone verrrry quiet on the Joel front. He’s also gone quiet on the Carrie front for what, 24 hours?? Very uncharacteristic.

Maybe she’s had a word with him about over-sharing to strangers on social media? Especially sharing her and her families location at the airport!!! You just KNOW he wouldn’t understand and would probably turn it into a fight.
You know it's gotta be serious if Carrie, she who shares her exact route home and what hotel she's staying in on tour, is putting her foot down about that

Reactions: 9
It's possible that if Carrie is having doubts she feels pressured because Joel threw the surprise party, and we know that Carrie didn't want to announce it yet. Maybe she feels that it'll be embarrassing saying it's not going ahead because of how it would look to her friends and family. And if she says it's because of Joel's red flags, then how would that impact her life in the theatre? She might think people would judge her. And we don't know how Joel would react

All I'm going to say is, Carrie, people would just be happy that you're out of that situation, especially if they knew what Joel was like

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I have a feeling the proposal was a try to get a free trip to Disney gone wrong on Joels part.
Does anyone else feel like he was trying so hard these last few weeks to be part of the "Fletcher-fam" and also alleged flu, that he took time off work in advance and was hoping Scott would give up his place on the trip since he is now a "fiancé and more important than Scott?

What this trip did was show how special Scott is for this family and they don't care about Joe(l) at all...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.